[1500] Necrons [Tourney list:All around best?] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Tourney list:All around best?

The following is a tournament Necron list.Now, I must add that(for anyone who hasn't been to one) in War hammer tourneys you are only alowed one list, to be turned in to the judges and accounted for whats on the table before every match(to prevent players from tayloring their armies to beat all of their opponents), and that theese rules are pretty much used for most tournaments. Thus, tayloring my army to beat a specific opponent, though it may be legal, would leave me hit against other armies as you are only allowed to use that same one list. So, with that in mind, here is my all around necron list

The List:1500 pts.(typical tourney points match)
    Necron Lord,res-orb,phylactery,gaze of flame
    8 Flayed ones
    7 Immortals
    10 Warriors
    11 Warriors
    11 Warriors
    3 Wraiths
    1 Monolith
    1 Heavy destroyer

The Set Up: Given that the list's objective is to be all around good, I decided to make a force with versatility first and an added bonus of High toughness seacond. Shooting being the main focus of the Necrons I put in plenty of fire power (32 warriors, a heavy destroyer for high toughness creatures, 7 Immortals can lay down a payload of gauss fire heavy enough to lay waste to almost anything, and the Monolith, a veritable gauss death machine), but also some highly mobile choices, movement being the defining characteristic of adaptation and versatility in this game.(Flayed ones infiltrate & deep strike,Wraiths have wraith flight nuff said, the heavy destroyer moves like a jet bike, and the Monolith can deep strike as well as transport)
    In practice, the set-up phase is particularly important with this list, making sure much of your core units are not-so-obviously tethered to the lord and res-orb(Immortals warriors and wraiths) and deciding wether or not to deepstrike your monolith and flayed ones and starting the 3rd unit of warriors in the lith or not. And heres where the high toughness comes in. With the Lord within 6" and the Lith within 18" of all your units, they all should have a 75% chance of surviving any attack. The wraiths and flayed ones provide some much needed CC support and the Monolith is simply the best vehichle in the game and I couldn't help but put it in.High toughness creatures are still a problem but w/ the Destroyer Immortals and 'Lith they shouldn't pose too much a threat, and as far as anti-armor is concerned, well 32 Warriors, 7 Immortals, a heavy Destroyer and a Monolith should more than do the job.

The Plan: Do not divide, but rather, stick together and conquer. Once in close knit formation you'll be leading an almost unstopable Necron Advance.

" Are you gonna bark all day little doggy,
    or are you gonna bite? "

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

(I think this may go in the Army list subforum, but I'm not a mod, so what do I know? )

Anyway, the list:
    The first thing that jumps out at me right away is lonely Mr. Heavy Destroyer. You're paying for "We'll Be Back" regardless of whether or not you use it, so to have only one of the Heavies means you'll never get to use it. That's points inefficiency.

I like that Lord's loadout. He will be the turning point of a lot of melées. Gaze of Flame is a great piece of kit.

The Flayed Ones are nice and will work well, especially with the aforementioned Gaze of Flame. You'll most likely want to infiltrate them in cover instead of deep-striking them. You may want to punch them out to a full ten man squad, though. They are intended for close-combat after all.

I like the Wraiths, they will work well in concert with the Flayed Ones. (I'm noticing a pattern here. )

The Immortals are a good unit. They would do well to act as the covering fire for the close-combat units, in effect making up for their lack of firepower.

Holding one unit of Warriors in reserve is a very cool idea, especially if you deep-strike the Monolith. Then you're getting two deep-striking units at once.

All told, it's a pretty good list save for the Heavy Destroyer. Nice work.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Renamed and moved to the armylist section.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The List:1500 pts.(typical tourney points match)
    Necron Lord,res-orb,phylactery,gaze of flame
    I'd defenitley ditch the phylactery and consider ditching the gaze of flame. Thats points that can be used elswhere, like a Veil of Darkness for your Immortals.
    8 Flayed ones
    While I love Flayed Ones, they arn't terribley effective unless at full strength. Use the extra warrior in two of your troop choices to fill the other two Flayed Ones since they cost the same.
    7 Immortals
    I highly recommend the Veil for these guys. In addition, try bumping their number to at least 8. Necrons are terrible ineffecient in smaller numbers.
    10 Warriors
    11 Warriors
    11 Warriors
    As I said above I'd trade 2 warriors for Flayed Ones.
    3 Wraiths
    I'll give you markes for trying these units in a tournie but you will find they arn't effective in their current state. It a general rule to bring 6, or none at all. Also rember they are a scalpel unit, nut a sledge hammer.One thing to consider is dropping the Flayed Ones in favor of another unit of Wraiths. This would provide the needed punch and also leave enough points around to bolster your Immortals.
    1 Monolith
    looks good
    1 Heavy destroyer
    I'm gonna recommend against one Heavy D. I personaly wouldn't bring less than 2, and even then I'd be hesitent. Just rember that if you bring more than one, split them up among your heavy support choices to help avoid getting wiped out in one turn.

+ Reply to Thread