Kroot, Tau, and Nids... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Kroot, Tau, and Nids...

Is it just me, or are Kroot the first step towards Tyranids?

They selectively evolve, and can do so at an astounding rate, and there was that fluff article, (I read it on the GW site I believe) about a Kroot shaper encountering the Nid's and sensing extreme danger should either consume the other...

Then there is that shaper business and the council...coudl evolve into a hive mind if you ask me...

Then there are the Ethereals...if either the Kroot or the Nid's ate one of them and gained their control over other Tau...

Assuming its a physical attribute I mean...

Any thoughts?
    O'Dev'n

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Just the thought make kroot seem more interesting again... Just imagine, Kroot who have evolved their bodies to the maximum. Leaping kroot with Rending claws, Flying kroot with Kroot rifles (not jumping), Huge Monster Krootox beasts, (already exists though... Knarlocs). And Shapers with Hive mind powers, and perhaps even with an extra set of arms!

Sounds like fun

But I guess that the Kroot would turn into monsters sooner or later... NICE!
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

If they consumed Tyranid bodies and took in there genetic data it would probalby allow the hive mind to control the Kroot, at least that is what would happen for standerd nids something similar to the story of when they fought the slanesh cult.

My question is what would happen if a genestealer used it's implant attack to infect a Kroot remember the impland alters the host dna so would the kroot radically alter and follow the standerd rules for genestealer cults, or would the kroots own natural abilty to absorb dna cause this to become a controllable part of it's genetic structure threby creating kroot with rending claws.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon

They selectively evolve, and can do so at an astounding rate, and there was that fluff article, (I read it on the GW site I believe) about a Kroot shaper encountering the Nid's and sensing extreme danger should either consume the other...

Then there is that shaper business and the council...coudl evolve into a hive mind if you ask me...

Then there are the Ethereals...if either the Kroot or the Nid's ate one of them and gained their control over other Tau...

Any thoughts?
    O'Dev'n
    I think you overate the evolutionary process of the kroot, it takes a few generations to use the genes efectively.

Also, they cannot fully absorb the genes, wich would lead to a dead end bread, like krootox and hounds, making it dificult to gain major psychic powers (the master shapers only as minor at best) and eating an ethereal to gain control of the tau is a bit silly ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is suggested that the ethereals are able to command the tau effectively due to a pheromone gland. which only the ethereals have, so if the kroot could single out this gland gene they may be able to do soemthing, but this is less effective now due to the inteligence of the tau so maybe not, but the tau still see ethereals as an enigmatic race of tau.
    this is presuming a kroot could live after biting an ethereal, i mean you can imagine.

kroot: *chomp*
    tau: "sh*t, hes eating our leader" *masses of pulse fire*
    kroot: "errr" *ripped to shreads*
    tau: "KILL THE KROOTS"

but the kroot dont actually change that much themselves when they eat things, its their offspring that show differences.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon

Any thoughts?
    O'Dev'n
    I didn't say morph, I said "evolve." As in, evolution, as in over a few generations, as in "how it is described in the fluff."

Sorry if that seemed angry, but I hate it when assumptions are made. Sorry I didn't spell out my lil'joke theory for you.

Please note, this really is more angry than I mean it to be, thank you for the posts, please continue, just don't make assumptions.
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Also kroot are selective oif the gene they abosrb, as Tyranids just consume everything the can lay their claws on.

Tyranids use bioengineering methods to produce costumise broods to suit the needs of the hive mind, as for kroot, they absorb the genetic profile to assend to a greater perfection level, 2 diferent purposes and resluts really.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread