[1000] necron (4 way campaign finale) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] necron (4 way campaign finale)

Ok second time lucky [forgot the brackets]

Am fighting the finale of 40k campaign at my club, and am teetering on the brink of overall victory, we have agreed we can change our lists for this final conflict from the list weve used through the rest of the campaign

I need a good solid win here, basically its going to be on points left after 2 hours of play

My eveil plan is this:-

1000 points

Lord Gaze of fire & chronometron 125 - in with imortals
    10 Immortals 280
    10 warriors 180
    10 warriors 180
    Monolith 235

Deepstrike the Monolith and put everything else in reserve
    Leave it as long as pos to deepstrike without risking not turning up, hopefully by this time the other three will have smashed each other up and i can sweep in and mop up!!

Ive never tried anything like this at 1000 points so can anyone see any major flaws in my twisted plan, apart from cries of cheese which is ok cause we all agreed to go a mental as possible anything goes, as it is not to serious when youve got 4 armys on one table all against one another......

Any problems? Any even nastier things i could do - have most figures but no paraihs or flayed ones...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Sounds like an interesting plan. Having never played Necrons, I do not know how risky this is, but as a SM player, placing a large majority of my army is usually risky.

Good luck in the finale, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont know if they will let that fly but go for it, just in case i htink you should have a back up plan, what are the other three armies your playing against?
    "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so let me see if I've got this right.

Deploying everything but the Monolith, which you'll be deep striking in.

Leave Deep striking the Monolith for as long as is safe, to give the other three the chance to pound each other, right?

I don't know all the deep strike rules, so I won't say anything about that, but keep in mind that the other armies might decide they don't like you and try to wipe you out, so be careful. If people seem to be focusing on you, you might consider bringing in the Monolith as soon as possible to help drive them off, and to help keep your guys alive.

Don't forget that if you teleport a unit, anyone in thar unit that failed WBB can at that point, re-roll the WBB roll.

Personally, I don't suggest a Monolith at 1000 points in the first place, but I suppose it all depends on what your enemies have.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

M'kay well I'm gonna suggest either the Immortals or the Monolith, not both. Your phase is pretty low for a 1000 points. Well my personal suggestion would be the Immortals with the Veil, but a Monolith backed up by a horde of warriors will workfine as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777
    M'kay well I'm gonna suggest either the Immortals or the Monolith, not both. Your phase is pretty low for a 1000 points. Well my personal suggestion would be the Immortals with the Veil, but a Monolith backed up by a horde of warriors will workfine as well.
    yea i was gonna suggest something similar, i htink a good hting would be to give your lord a veil witht he immortals and then teleport hit and run around the board and try not to get yourself shot but against armies with alot of guns this could work badly but it would excel if your playing against alot of cc armies.
    "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I would take something that could move quickly like some scarabs, a veil of d., destroyers or a wraithe or two. Scarabs and wraithes will be able to tie up the enemy that ventures to near you in assault while you can shoot at it. Veil of d. will allow you to teleport your immortal and destroyers will provide more fire power. Personally I'd lose the wargear your lord has and would give him a veil of d., possibly a destroyer body but that's just me.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right to try and answer some of the questions asked, reply to comments...

I think your missing the point if i deep strike the monolith and put everything else in reserve i wont have any forces on the board at all until the monolith arrives as we are playing Seek and Destroy Mission which allows Deepstrike but not Reserves but a if necrons have a monolith they can have reserves even if not normally allowed, that means the others will duke it out and i can come in half way through with my monolith and start deploying troops via the monlith

My only problem i can see is could be if my Monolith is destroyed quickly i wont get all my reserves on and they will be stuck off the board, useless.

I know a monlith at 1000 is unusual - ive never done it before, but its purely to be able to do this

As to phase out 31/4 = 7.75 - phase out at 7, seems ok to me for 1000 points.

My enemies, are Orks, Tau & Imperial Guard.

I cant take scarabs as your can't bring them in from the monolith, but could bring wraiths or destroyers but this would lower my phase out as i would be replacing approx 2 imortals for 1 wraith or destroyer.

Any more thought now i have explaind my plan a bit better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Orks and IG, eh?
    It seems these two will be in combat when, and if - I must stress - , you enter play. So you could sweep in and finish off the remains I guess. A risky plan, but a potentially devastating one.
    However, your opponents may decide to team up, and wait for your arrival, where you will face an ambush of 2 armies combat and an entire army's shooting.

It's up to you to decide if your opponents would do this. Your decision.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't choose when to bring the Monolith in to play - it's about when the roll comes up, see pages 84 and 85 of the new rulebook. Deepstrikes work like reserves, the reserves rule has a note on page 85 stating that you must roll and enter play as soon as it is possible.

In addition you cannot keep all your forces in reserve through the monolith. You must put the minimum number of warriors for the Force Org on the board, page 18 of the necron codex. The monolith rules only say that Warriors may enter play from reserve through the monolith's portal. Immortals, Destroyer's and Heavy D's don't have deepstrike as a listed option.

It's a cool sounding idea, but it's against the rules... Sorry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast