[1000]Tyranids (Tournament list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000]Tyranids (Tournament list)

I am kind of bad with making armylists and I tried to make a tournament armylist, that would be effective against a lot of armies, and this is what I came up with.

Broodlord
    -adrenal glands I
    -extended carapace
    -toxin sacs
    -8 genestealer retinue
    --extended carapace
    --feeder tendrils
    --scything talons
    --toxin sacs

3 Warriors
    -adrenal glands I
    -adrenal glands WS
    -extended carapace
    -toxin sacs
    -rending claws
    -scything talons

16 Spinegaunts

16 termagaunts

16 hormagaunts
    -adrenal glands WS

Carnifex
    -bonded exoskeleten
    -enhanced senses
    -extended carapace
    -regenerate
    -reinforced chitin
    -barbed strangler
    -venom cannon
    --------

I am thinking about taking out the carnifex for a hive tyrant. I'm starting to think that the hive tyrant would be more effective at shooting than the carnifex, because it can be BS 4. I also want to put in some raveners, but I don't know what to take out.

<-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you explain what you intend to do with all the units? It would help alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Broodlord and genestealers kill stuff in close combat that have a good armor save or high toughness, even tanks if possible. The warriors do the same thing, exept they would help the gaunts out if needed and they would provide synapse. The gaunts would attack the weak things, and I have different units of gaunts to do different things, like the termegaunts would take out a little higher toughness things, the spinegaunts would shoot the smaller things, and the hormagaunts are just a close combat unit. The fex is for shooting the tanks, or if I'm playing a horde army, I would use him to ordinance the bunched up guys.

I want to take a unit of raveners with S.T. and R.C., because they are really good like that (and maybe with devourers cause that is 6 shots). The hive tyrant I think might be better at shooting down tanks, because it is BS4.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont you read the threads in this forum? Regenerate is crap. Although Id rather take a tyrante with wings talons and a VC in addition to like 2 maybe 3 biomorphs. For this list thought Id keep the fex cause its tourny and the Barbed stranler can take out tanks too. The broodlord is alittle ify cause they are so slow but its not too bad. Dont see what you could take out to fit the ravenors in. Definatly give the warriors leaping to keep up with the rest of the army and I dont really like toxin sacs but they may help... Thats all I got
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id play mass geensteelers and then use swarms of gaust with leaping and all the fast moving **** to keep the stealers behind and then "when in doubt whip'em out"
    then id use a tank busta fex and raveners to keep the gaunts alive in combat

other than that ud need to play 1500 and 2000 pt games to get a nid army movin.
    (>")> <("<)
    LJLJ......LJLJ..........
    FUSSSSIOOON HA!
    |__
    (\/")>-~
    LJLJ........ahh yah thats the stuff

thats not a dbz quote man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o and a rhino can kill a fex so whatch out!
    (>")> <("<)
    LJLJ......LJLJ..........
    FUSSSSIOOON HA!
    |__
    (\/")>-~
    LJLJ........ahh yah thats the stuff

thats not a dbz quote man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally i like the list

when your warriors die you had better pray your broodlord is still alive so all your hormies can flee towards him.
    and i would keep the fex - the tyrant may have better accuracy, the 'fex is MUCH more powerful with its guns. small tanks and even heavy ones will ge damaged pretty easily by him (assuming he hits)

thats about all i can think of that hasnt been covered.
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at your list, you know what I think that you should be thinking? You should be thinking, that instead of taking out the Carnifex in favor for a Hive Tyrant, about taking out the Broodlord in favor for a Hive Tyrant. If you want a winning list, it won't feature the Broodlord. As big a fan of him as I am, I can't say that he is more worthwhile than a Hive Tyrant. Or even warriors for that matter!

The thing with the Broodlord is that he is far too one-dimensional to be of much use. He has a BS of 3 yet has no way of putting it to use, relies entirely on getting into CC, and if the mission you're playing doesn't feature Infiltrate, your strategy which revolves around him being there to intercept your gaunts will fall flat and you will be well on your way to defeat.

A Hive Tyrant with Scything Talons, Venom Cannon, various Biomorphs and singular Tyrant Guard will work just fine and for cheaper than the Broodlord and his retinue. The Hive Tyrant will be able to hurt up to AV14 vehicles (here's the deal...) from up to 36" away. The Hive Tyrant may also choose a Hive Mind Power and either make itself more deadly, or another brood more deadly, or both! I highly recommend against taking Warp Blast as while more than half the time it will work, half the time it won't hit, and for 20 points, I don't think that paying for those odds is worth it. Why anyone would think that it is, is beyond me.

But yeah...definitely drop the Broodlord and take a Hive Tyrant instead. If you play your cards right, you should have enough points leftover for a Ravener or two. But for sure to have some Raveners, remove Bonded Exoskeleton, Extended Carapace and Regenerate from your Carnifex. Reinforced Chitin is all it really needs if you plan on having it just sit back and shoot. Why it is so much better than the rest is because it's the only one out of the bunch that will help against AP3 weaponry. With Reinforced Chitin, your opponent now needs to inflict 3 Wounds before your 'Fex is below half strength instead of the usual 2. If you absolutely need another survival Biomorph, take Bonded Exoskeleton. It will make a lot of weapons have a tougher time Wounding you and may stop AP3 weaponry right there.

Hopefully you have enough points now for what you want and more. Good luck hammering the list out.

leet steet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I would reccomend cutting back a bit on the brood lord and retinue, the BL adrenal glands can go, as can the feeder tendrils toxin sacs and a few of the stealers. It would not be hard to cut out 70 or 80 points from the BL and retinue and get your self another Warroir brood or more guants. If you expect to be playing Dark Eldar Ignore most of what I just said, but I would still reccomend dropping a stealer or two. I would also suggest dropping the toxin sacs, and the WS glands from the warriors, they'll be rending and so don't use WS or S all that much. With the hormies I would try to find 16 point somewhere to give them initiative glands as then they'll be going before most things, and dead guys don't hit back. With the carnifex regenerate is generally considered to be a waste of points, but if you like it go for it, I use two CC fexes with crushing claws and talons that people say are a waste of points but they work well for me. Have fun and good luck with it.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread