[1500] DE first try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] DE first try

i've become pretty bored with my other armies and i want to try something completely different from anyone else i usually play with so i thought dark eldar would be a good choice. here's my first try at a 1500 point list. any critisism welcome.

HQ
    -archon; shadow field, agoniser, combat drugs, pistol @ 131 points
    -dracon; jetbike, tormentor helm, combat drugs, power weapon @ 105

elites
    (2x)
    -7 wyches; wych weapons w/ 1 succubus; agoniser
    mounted in raider @ 374

troops
    (2x) -5 man raider squad; dark lance, no vehicle upgrades @210
    (2x) -sniper squad @ 200

fast attack
    (2x) -4 reaver jetbikes; 2 blasters w/ 1 succubus; power weapon, t. helm @ 362

heavy support
    -ravager; 2 disintegrators @ 115

i think i'm going a bit heavy on the cool stuff like reavers and wyches and probably don't have enough troops. but when i tried adding more troops it ended up with just more sniper squads, and with that i'll just end up being called cheesy, so i'm not sure what else to put in and what i need to cut out.

maybe a 10 man splinter cannon/blaster raider squad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TzarNikolai
    HQ
    Good, just remember this is for killing Hq's and monsters, not squads and you'll do fine.

-dracon; jetbike, tormentor helm, combat drugs, power weapon @ 105
    I wouldn't take the jetbike as usually it is more advantageous to have your lord on foot or mounted in a raider fro the higher speed and maneuverability over the slightly higher toughness on the bike. Whether you keep the bike or drop it and take a punisher instead of teh power weapon this is a troop killer, if you keep the bike and take the lord with your reaver squads remember that you can leave teh squad if you want, this can be useful as it is often possible for a lord to take out an entire squad on his own.

elites
    (2x)
    mounted in raider @ 374
    Nothing wrong with these squads particularly, maybe add plasmas. Wyches are elite killers send them aginst other units elites and HQ's and they will do you proud.

troops
    (2x) -5 man raider squad; dark lance, no vehicle upgrades @210
    This is not a good combination as the Dark Lance cannot fire on the move, generally raider squads should be given assault weapons such as the splintercannon and blaster and possibly a sybarite with agoniser if you want them in a close combat role (although it looks like you don't so leave him out)

(2x) -sniper squad @ 200
    Sniper squads are good, 2 is about the perfect number

fast attack
    These squads are ok, remember these are troop killers, send them aginst common troops.

heavy support
    This is a fine unit

i think i'm going a bit heavy on the cool stuff like reavers and wyches and probably don't have enough troops. but when i tried adding more troops it ended up with just more sniper squads, and with that i'll just end up being called cheesy, so i'm not sure what else to put in and what i need to cut out.

maybe a 10 man splinter cannon/blaster raider squad?
    I think your right and your going a bit troop light, personally I would cut out a wyche squda and add in some assault based warriors fior more close combat back up as they will put more wounds into a close combat allowing your units to survive longer whilst at the same time adding a valuable punch to your army botha t range and close quarters, you seem to like raiders and speed and why shouldn't you? So I would sugegst an assaulty boat or two (personally I would also make your archon a dracon to get some more points and gett rid of the bike on the dracon, but thats just me. Assaulty boats are, generally made up of 10 warriors, 1 balster, 1 splinter cannon and 1 sybarite with agoniser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. how about this? i've toned it down a bit on the wyches and got a pair of assaulty warrior squads. and a warp beast pack - this looks amazing, 3 attacks each?!
    i've also removed the jetbike and changed the dracon to a dracite (as far as i can tell its allowed?) the archangel of pain on her is really just points filler though. i thought maybe she could ride along with the wyches and either charge with them or charge a separate unit by herself.
    i want to keep the archon for fluffy reasons, i just think they're really cool.

HQ
    -dracite; archangel of pain, plasma grenades, tormentor helm, combat drugs, punisher @102

elites
    mounted in raider @ 187
    -3 warp beasts and beast master @ 51

troops
    (2x) -10 man raider squad (no vehicle upgrades); blaster, splinter cannon w/ sybarite; agoniser @ 352
    (2x) -sniper squad @ 200

fast attack

heavy support

other than that has anyone got any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your revised list much better, however, I dislike warpbeasts greatly. I think they are a waste of points unless you have a lot of terrain to provide cover. Regardless I think they are a bit slow for the rest of your army. You could keep them back and have them protect your sniper squads against CC but i advise against warp beasts, better points spent else where. Drop the second drachite in my opinion. If you want another HQ choice, add some Haemonculi with scissorhands and stingers (or destructors if you would like). I like the aspect of the scissorhand wounding on a 2+ and adding an additional attack in CC. I give them combat drugs and I go after mig models with em like the Nightbringer for those silly necron players who want to blow 360 points on this or other heavy units like that with a bad ass toughness and low to moderate Sv. I keep the hameonculus with my HQ until i deem it necessary to go distract some other unit.

8 bikes are cool, but point heavy. You could drop down to around 6 and buy some more warriors or add two more wyches for a squad of 9. Which I am assume your will keep your archon with the wyches since he is by himself.

Other than that the list looks good, its a fast army which is the key to DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember that 2 drachons are better than 1 archon.

need more troops

boot squad of reaver to 5

if ur having 2 ravangers have 1 with 3 darl lances and the other with 3 disintegrator

+ Reply to Thread