[1,500] Necron (Tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1,500] Necron (Tournament)

There is a month long bracket tournament coming up at my local shop and I am creating a 1,500 pt. list. 1,000 pts is set and I'm still uncertain about the last 500.

HQ- Lord w/ Res orb, phase shifter, destroyer body, warscythe (210pts)

FAST- Destroyers x 5 (250pts)

TROOPS- Warriors x 30 (540pts) (3 squads of 10)

TOTAL- 1,000

This is the next 500pts I'm most leaning towards:

FAST- Destroyers x 5 (250pts)

FAST- Scarabs x 10 (120pts)

HEAVY- Heavy Destroyers x 2 (130pts) (2 squads of 1)

TOTAL- 1,500pts

This list gives me much firepower w/ 10 destroyers and the heavy destroyers are for the greater demons I so often run into in the 5 chaos armies at the shop. The scarabs will go great w/ the lord to stop any scary assault units. The only thing I worry is that phase out is too low. 43 models-phase out at 10. How does this list look to everyone? Not sure 2 heavy destroyers are going to last long. I am considering building the last 500pts around a monolith instead but not sure what would go w/ it. Any feedback on this list will be greatly appreciated and will be replied to.

Phase....Out

Last edited by Phase Out; July 31st, 2005 at 05:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

OK, first off, either warsythe and destroyer body OR res orb. If you're off kicking butt the res orb isn't going to pay for its points.
    I'd suggest keeping the res orb, as you DEFINITELY need something to keep you few necrons alive.

Secondly, you need another 10 warriors. I'd suggest cutting the destroyer squads down to 3 and making 2 squads of 20 warriors. 49 necrons phases at 12 which is slightly better.

Scarabs can hold up the enemy quite efficiently on their own.

Hmm. You may even want to instead just ditch a full squad of destroyers, and the heavy destoyers and the phase shifter and the destroyer body and the warsythe, and take 10 warriors (make it into 2 squads of 20) and a monolith. Definitely keep the scarabs if you can. They're just so useful for their points.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    OK, first off, either warsythe and destroyer body OR res orb. If you're off kicking butt the res orb isn't going to pay for its points.
    I'd suggest keeping the res orb, as you DEFINITELY need something to keep you few necrons alive.

Secondly, you need another 10 warriors. I'd suggest cutting the destroyer squads down to 3 and making 2 squads of 20 warriors. 49 necrons phases at 12 which is slightly better.

Scarabs can hold up the enemy quite efficiently on their own.

Hmm. You may even want to instead just ditch a full squad of destroyers, and the heavy destoyers and the phase shifter and the destroyer body and the warsythe, and take 10 warriors (make it into 2 squads of 20) and a monolith. Definitely keep the scarabs if you can. They're just so useful for their points.
    Thanks for the feedback. As for this guy , I know hes expensive but Ive used him to great effect several times. He stays w/ my warriors for the first turn or two, and then countercharges . Usually assault squads led by a chaplain or librarian which he chews through thanks to the warscythe and their ability to wound on sixes only. He is essentially a anti character unit. As for the res orb away from the warriors, in my last game he was killed and came back 3 times before finally failing his WBB( I got lucky but it can REALLY pay off ).

As for the fourth squad and the 'lith, this seems like good advice so I'll try to rework the list to include these and see if people like it more.

Phase....Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry about phase out, i often field 1500pt lists with 40 necrons and it works fine. Immortals are extremely useful, try to include some if you can.
    haha i'm safe behind my terrain piece here... those footsloggin necrons will never reach me... WHAT THE HELL A GIANT PYRAMID THINGY JUST MATERIALIZED OUT OF THIN AIR!

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

It seems like a fairly solid list. 30 Warriors is a fine firebase (40 is nicer, but not necessary), and with 10 Destroyers as your long range support, you can get away with not using Immortal. Just be careful of missions with Escalation rules. Not having that long range will hurt you for the first few turns.

As for the Lord, dropping the Res Orb might not be a bad move, as you aren't going to be able to use it much if you take off with the Lord. Keeping him near the Warriors and counter charging with him isn't a bad idea at all though.

The Heavy Ds.....2 won't last long against most Marine armies unless you hide them. There isn't much you can do with 130 points though, unless you pick up a Foot Lord. Give him a Res Orb and keep him with the Warriors. Now you're free to attach the DLord (drop the Res Orb for a Lightning field) to the Scarabs and run amok over the board.

With no Monolith, I'd advise against making the squads 20 strong. 1 bad assault move and you've lost a substantial portion of your firepower. You might win the assault, but odds are it will just drag on for turns, robbing you of precious Gauss shots. Keep them in 10 man squads and concentrate or spread out fire as needed.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; August 9th, 2005 at 18:07.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread