[1500] Saim-Hann - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

[1500] Saim-Hann

Hmm. Damn me liking my Warlock on a Jetbike too much... I want more Jetbikes! And more specifically...more Seers on Jetbikes!

Check this out, what do you think?

HQ: 318

Farseer: 116
    Farseer
    Jetbike
    Fortune
    Witchblade
    Shuriken Pistol
    Runes of Witnessing
    Ghosthelm
    Warlock Retinue: 129
    Warlocks (x2)
    Jetbikes
    Witchblades
    Shuriken Pistols
    Embolden
    Enhance
    Wild Rider Chief: 72
    Chief
    Power Weapon
    Elites: 305
    Fire Dragons: 305
    Dragons (x10)
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Bright Lances
    Spirit Stone
    Fast Attack: 876

Guardian Jetbike Squadron: 227
    Guardians (x4)
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Enhance
    Witchblade
    Shuriken Pistol
    <Wild Rider Chief goes here>

Guardians (x4)
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Witchblade
    Shuriken Pistol
    Destructor
    Guardians (x4)
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Witchblade
    Shuriken Pistol
    Destructor
    Vyper Squadron: 65
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    HQ: 21.2&
    Elites: 20.3%
    Fast Attack: 58.4%

Jetbikers: 19
    Infantry: 10
    Vehicles: 4
    Model Total: 33

The Vypers, Wild Rider Chief and Fire Dragons work as my anti-Marine firepower, the Wave Serpent, Witchblades and Fire Dragons cover anti-tank (and Starcannons/Shuriken Cannons can cover this to an extent). Anti-infantry is covered by everything in the list bar the Vypers and Fire Dragons + Wave Serpent. The Jetbikes have larger squads cause I had exactly 70 points left to add to last 2 squads, and wanted a big one to accompany my Wild Rider Chief. Any comments?

Last edited by Nebulas; August 7th, 2005 at 17:54.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

It looks like a very nice list, but, as is the case with a lot of Eldar lists, a horde army will make it suffer. (I'm thinking leaping Gaunts here.)

You don't like the Wildrider kinsmen unit?

Also, I would be half-inclined to make those four-soul Jetbike squads into a fourth three-soul squad. That way you can get another Shrieker Jetbike. You can tie two of those Vypers together into one unit, I suppose.

Other than that, it's fast as all get-out and hits pretty hard to boot.

If you ever get a chance to expand that to 2,000 points, you need to throw some Shining Spears in there. If ever there was a Craftworld that would have godly Shining Spears, it'd be Saim-Hann.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Quickasawink
    If you ever get a chance to expand that to 2,000 points, you need to throw some Shining Spears in there. If ever there was a Craftworld that would have godly Shining Spears, it'd be Saim-Hann.
    But they aren't FA choices in Siam-H. It seems like since they have less choices to take ShS, there isn't a reason that Siam-hann would have very many of them.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Originally Posted by Quickasawink
    But they aren't FA choices in Siam-H. It seems like since they have less choices to take ShS, there isn't a reason that Siam-hann would have very many of them.
    Actually, Shining Spears are still Fast Attack choices in Saim-Hann - Swooping Hawks aren't though. My intention was intially to make "CC Saim-Hann" but scrapped that in favour of a generally stronger list, however when I expand to 2000, I intend to get a squad of Shining Spears and make space in the FOC by "upgrading" the larger Jetbike squad to Wild Rider Kinsman.

Also, I would be half-inclined to make those four-soul Jetbike squads into a fourth three-soul squad. That way you can get another Shrieker Jetbike. You can tie two of those Vypers together into one unit, I suppose.
    Well, I mentioned that I want the bigger unit size for the Wild Rider's "retinue" and I'm content with my other two squads. I'm actually not too fussed about getting more Shuriken Cannons in there, I think anti-infantry is pretty much sorted.

I'll see what I can put together for a 2000 point list, and then I'll post it later tonight, or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Nebulas; August 2nd, 2005 at 17:51.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

+ Reply to Thread