2000 Swordwind - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Swordwind

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Swordwind

I am building a 2000 point army and I have no idea what to finish it with. I am also replacing a unit of banshee with striking scorpions so the list is rather flexiable. What does everyone think of Dark Reapers for fire support? Anyways I could use ANY idea's so don't be afraid to throw them out. Thanks!!!

Swordwind Army

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 88 Pts
    Singing Spear
    Guide

9 Fire Dragons (Troops) @ 334 Pts
    Fusion Gun; Meltabombs

1 Exarch @ [46] Pts
    Firepike; Meltabombs

1 Wave Serpent @ [135] Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults; Linked Bright Lances
    Spirit Stone

9 Howling Banshees (Troops) @ 316 Pts
    Power Weapon; Shuriken Pistol; Banshee Mask

1 Exarch @ [37] Pts
    Executioner; Shuriken Pistol; Banshee Mask

Spirit Stone

9 Howling Banshees (Troops) @ 316 Pts
    Power Weapon; Shuriken Pistol; Banshee Mask

1 Exarch @ [37] Pts
    Executioner; Shuriken Pistol; Banshee Mask

Spirit Stone

9 Guardian Storm Squad (Elites) @ 240 Pts
    Shuriken Pistol & CCW (x7); Flamer (x2)

1 Warlock @ [27] Pts
    Witchblade (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)

Spirit Stone

1 Wraithlord (Heavy Support) @ 120 Pts
    Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

1 Vyper Squadron (Elites) @ 65 Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Star Cannon (x1)

1 Vyper Squadron (Elites) @ 65 Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Star Cannon (x1)

Models in Army: 50

Total Army Cost: 1784

<Don't post specific points costs>

Last edited by Nebulas; August 5th, 2005 at 11:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Ditch the storm guardians and get some scorpions.

Knock the dragons down to 6 unupgraded dragons, and ditch a wraithlord and the wave serpent.
    Then get a falcon and put the dragons in it. Reason is, dragon will invariably get killed the turn after they fire. If you have them shooting a tank, they will kill it in 1 turn, no matter the number of dragons you have. (assuming it isn't a grav tank). Extra dragons are redundant, and cost too many points.

Also, you have too many wraithlords. It's stupid, since they won't keep up with the rest of the army. As a fire magnet 1 or 2 wraithlords has a reason, but 3 is a waste of points and has only a bit more firepower

You may also want to ditch another wraithlord, and pick up some dark reapers. Honestly, even 2 isn't going to be much better than 1. Also, people think that too many wraithlords is cheesy.
    Dealing with complaining isn't fun.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want some heavy fire so I will add in 5 dark reapers. 2 wraithlords put out a lot of fire power. I use them to keep my transports alive. I have 5 falcons/serpents (purchased bits so I have both turetts). Do you think I should keep the brightlances on the tanks and keep the starcannons and everything else? Twin linked is better for a single shot. I am going to mount the reapers in a wave serpent (Just to get another tank) and I will remove change 1 waveserpent to a falcon. Which weapon should I give it since it already has a pulse lazer?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cheetahfurry; August 4th, 2005 at 18:07. Reason: Oops, falcons not vypers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry
    I want some heavy fire so I will add in 5 dark reapers. 2 wraithlords put out a lot of fire power. I use them to keep my transports alive. I have 5 falcons/serpents (purchased bits so I have both turetts). Do you think I should keep the brightlances on the tanks and keep the starcannons and everything else? Twin linked is better for a single shot. I am going to mount the reapers in a wave serpent (Just to get another tank) and I will remove change 1 waveserpent to a falcon. Which weapon should I give it since it already has a pulse lazer?

Thanks!
    Don't mount them in a serpent just to get another tank. Serpents are NOT very survivable. Only get them for transport. And the reason for gettting rid of a second wraithlord was because you don't have the points to just add stuff. But could you show your revised list, so that we have some idea of exactly what you've changed.

Oh and BTW, just switching turrets doesn't make it a wave serpent, except in friendly games.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    Don't mount them in a serpent just to get another tank. Serpents are NOT very survivable. Only get them for transport. And the reason for gettting rid of a second wraithlord was because you don't have the points to just add stuff. But could you show your revised list, so that we have some idea of exactly what you've changed.

Oh and BTW, just switching turrets doesn't make it a wave serpent, except in friendly games.

I do not play in tournments so switching the turett will do fine.

Current setup

2x banshee squads mounted in wave serpents (Exarch with str 5 weapon)

1x guardian storm squad mounted (With warlock)

5 reapers (1 exarch) Mounted

6 fire dragons mounted in falcon

2 wraithlords

2 vipers

Total is 5 starcannons, 4 bright lancers twin linked, 1 pulse lazer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

I still say, ditch the storm squad for scorpions (pull a wave serpent if you need the points). They're just a much better option

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

I agree with TheWamp, there are any number of options available instead of Storm Guardians. Striking Scorpions would serve quite nicely, and with Haywire Grenades they are suprisingly capable tank killers.

Three Wraithlords is bordering on cheese, and even two is a bit much. Beyond that, they are the slowest thing in your army. Do you think that your army is lacking in hand-to-hand ability. There are plenty of bright spots in the Eldar army beside the Wraithlord.

The Dark Reapers do not need to be mounted in a transport, their firing range is more than adequate.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the problem, I personally love tanks. Anything with armor is my friend. I own 5 falcons and the waveserpent conversion kits just came in (From games workshop). I am not sure what I should add, I love heavy things such as the wraithlord. I really want at least 4 falcons/waveserpents in a 2000 point army. I want 2 banshee units and 1 of fire dragons. I do not own the reapers but I want to try.

Here is what I own:

20 Storm squad guardians, 4 with flamers
    4 warlocks
    2 farseers
    5 falcons (4 can be converted)
    1 vyper
    1 wraithlord
    2 units banshees (20) with 2 exarchs with the str 5 weapon.
    10 fire dragons + exarch with firepike.

Idea's would be great. I am willing to try new things. I love mounted units and would perfer 4 serpents if possible. I know it's a waste of points but I really love it. Please let me know what to do. I am open and willing to change my army. I do like Swordwinds the best!

Things I want to try:

Dark Reapers
    Swooping hawks
    Warp spiders

What are the pro's and con's of them?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetahfurry
    Here is the problem, I personally love tanks. Anything with armor is my friend. I own 5 falcons and the waveserpent conversion kits just came in (From games workshop). I am not sure what I should add, I love heavy things such as the wraithlord. I really want at least 4 falcons/waveserpents in a 2000 point army. I want 2 banshee units and 1 of fire dragons. I do not own the reapers but I want to try.

Here is what I own:

20 Storm squad guardians, 4 with flamers
    4 warlocks
    2 farseers
    5 falcons (4 can be converted)
    1 vyper
    1 wraithlord
    2 units banshees (20) with 2 exarchs with the str 5 weapon.
    10 fire dragons + exarch with firepike.

Idea's would be great. I am willing to try new things. I love mounted units and would perfer 4 serpents if possible. I know it's a waste of points but I really love it. Please let me know what to do. I am open and willing to change my army. I do like Swordwinds the best!

Things I want to try:

Dark Reapers
    Swooping hawks
    Warp spiders

What are the pro's and con's of them?

Thanks!
    Alright, hate to say it, but I can't see those storm guardians being any use.
    Anyway, my suggestion is to pick up 2 squads of striking scorpions, and put them in serpents. Put the banshees in serpents. Put 6 unupgraded dragons in a falcon. Then take warp spiders, or dark reapers. If you definitely want both, ditch the fire dragons. DO NOT get swooping hawks. They aren't worth it, except for the exarch, and the rest of your CC units will do much better

Reapers
    Pros: Long range, marine slaughterers
    Cons: if you breath on them, they die (well, what I mean is that they're really easy to kill)

Hawks
    Pros: exarch w-sustained assault
    Cons: Terrible gun, bad in cc, overpriced

Spiders
    Pros: good armor, fast, tau peek-a-boo attack, rapid firing w- S6 weapon
    Cons: expensive

Other than that, stick farseers with scorpions, get a few more vypers (maybe 2) and take the (but only one) wraithlord.

Votewar FB 1- 1st Place

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to keep 2 wraithlords, they draw a lot of fire away from my transports. I think I am going to pass on the storm squad guardians for now. Striking scorpions are nice and can handle a lot but I am looking for varierty now. I mainly play against orcs, space marines, tau, and bugs. Once in a while I face chaos and I have never fought necros (I know banshees hurt them).

Listening to what everyone has said I am pretty sure I want some warp spiders. Do I keep them in groups of 10 or lower? Also is the exarch worh it? Trying to find all of this out before I buy the models. Today I am doing a wave serpent conversious on the falcon my dog ate (Ate the turett and the back hatch... perfect! :p ).

So how does hit sound

2x banshee squads mounted
    5 fire dragons (No exarch? I do like him) mounted in Falcon or serpent?
    1 farseer with guide (Or the Reroll armor saves)
    2x wraithlords with starcannons (Sorry, love wraithlords, draw a lot of fire)
    3 vypers (Each own unit) with starcannons
    2x squards dark reapers (exarch with fast shot) total 11 str 5 shots each unit
    Falcon Heavy grav tank, with spirit stones and holofield and scatter lazer.

Total 1999 points
    45 models in army.

All wave serpents have spirit stones and bright lancers.

Suggestions!? More troops? Less reapers? I love tanks so I can never have to many.
    Fyi, I play on a 48*48 board with heavy terrain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast