Librarium Online Forums banner

[1500] Tyranid (HiveFleet: Indignation)

583 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DarkAngelX 
#1 ·
Finally got all my models assembled and ready and put together a list I am happy with. Wondering what you all think of it, advice wanted. Thanks ahead of time. -DAX

HQ
Hive Tyrant - Acid Maw, Adrenal Glands (WS, I), Toxin Sacs, Winged, Horror, Warp Field, Scything Talons x2 = 207

Brood Lord - Acid Maw, Extended Carapace, Implant Attack, Toxin Sacs = 114
8 Genestealers (Retinue) - Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons = 216

Elites
3x Warriors - Extended Carapace, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon, 2x Deathspitter, Scything Talons x3 = 118

Fast Attack
3x Warriors - Adrenal Glands (WS, I), Toxin Sacs, Winged, Rending Claws x3, Scything Talons x3 = 138

Troops
12x Termagants - Fleshborer = 72
12x Hormagaunts - Toxin Sacs, Adrenals Glands (WS, I) = 168
3x Ripper Swarms - Leaping = 42

Heavy Support
Carnifex - Bio-Plasma, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon - 216

Total Models = 68
Total Points = 1531

For a shooty fex you think this guy is too tooled up? Also I know my Hormagaunts are point heavy, but for some reason I think I should keep em like that just because I play against marines often.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
HQ
Hive Tyrant - Acid Maw, Adrenal Glands (WS, I), Toxin Sacs, Winged, Horror, Warp Field, Scything Talons x2 = 207
Looks good, a classic.

Brood Lord - Acid Maw, Extended Carapace, Implant Attack, Toxin Sacs = 114
8 Genestealers (Retinue) - Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons = 216
Can the BL have acid maw and implant? And drop the sacs on the stealers, it's pointless. Rending will kill alot, especially with ST. And you'll find that the retinue usually dies before they see combat

Elites
3x Warriors - Extended Carapace, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon, 2x Deathspitter, Scything Talons x3 = 118
Fast Attack
3x Warriors - Adrenal Glands (WS, I), Toxin Sacs, Winged, Rending Claws x3, Scything Talons x3 = 138
Again, good and classic. Tried and True

Troops
3x Ripper Swarms - Leaping = 42
Pretty good, although you should split the horms into 3 squad of 8 to make them more survivable.

Heavy Support
Carnifex - Bio-Plasma, Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon - 216
Rather large point sink. I'd drop the plasma because the way you've equiped him, it doesn't look like he's going to see combat.

The lack of sacs on the stealers and take out a termagaunt or 2 should drop your list to 1500. 1531 is too much over the limit.

*Note, all of the above statements are my own opinon of an effective hive fleet. It comes from experience. They are IN NO WAY the only truth and there are plenty of other options out there for you to choose from.

#4 ·
Dropped the sacs off the stealers and the bioplasma from the fex. Didnt realize that you could only take one of the morphs for the BL (feeders, implant, or acid) so I dropped the the acid maw in favor of a character hunter with the implant. Thanks for the advice. Dropped my points down to 1487.

#5 ·
take that extra 13 points and put it into either another gaunt (can't hurt right?) or Tox Mi for the tyrant JUST IN CASE you go up against WS 6 models. Personally, i'd go for the gaunt.

#6 · (Edited)
@ DarkAngelX

What are you facing alot of?
Missiles and IG Ordnance, or las/plas?

The 2+ save and T7 is nice, but expensive.
If your running into alot of Plasma/Lascannon/Melta, that 2+ save isnt going to do anything. Nice against missiles, and a bit better agaisnt Autocannons and Hvy Bolters of course :)

Further, against Meltas, Plasma and Lascannon, wounding T7 is only slightly harder then T6
(melta: 3+ vs 2+, Lascannon is 2+ regardless, Plasma is 4+ vs 3+)

Does it help, YEAH!
But is it worth it?

If you have alot of time, and you want a good insight into Carnifexs.. did I mention alot of time?
read:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=8466

SlickWilley said:
Barbed strangler and Venom cannon are stoopid; either get rid of the barbed strangler and get scything talons or get rid of the venom cannon and get TL deathspitters.

The BS (being str 8 ) AND a VC (str 10) means he has a decent chance at popping a tank from range.
Its not the best such unit in 40k, but its the best ranged AV killer 'Nid can get.

The Str8 isnt going to stop AV14 very often, but it will do pretty well against AV 12 and down.

The Str8 BS will also be able to Penetrate armour, something the VC cannot.
Landspeeders with their Multimeltas can be a problem for tyrants and fexs, a volley at them from a VC and BS carrying Fex will put them out within a few turns.

Being a pieplate, there is also the chance it will hit other models near by.
like troops cowering behind armour, squads of Ork Kans or Speeders, tanks too close together, etc...

Along with a VC, a Str8 BS a fine AV killer for a shooty Fex.

If you like your Fex moving forward (ie, CC fex with VC), fine.
But dont condemn a purely Shooty fex just because you dont like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.