[1500] Alaitoc (Scout Force) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

[1500] Alaitoc (Scout Force)

I've been experimenting with Eldar fire power armies and Eldar Close Combat armies recently, and haven't managed to get either to work just how I want them to. I realised that opponents will be able to shoot down an Eldar CC army, and a shooting Eldar army can get utterly trashed in close combat where as I prefer to have at least one thing from each (CC and Shooting) in my army. Both lists are viable options of course, but I'm looking for something special. With that in mind I tried to find a balance between the two. With Close Combat Troops being overwhelmed, I decided the enemy needed to be thinned out sufficiently so when I was prepared to strike I wouldn't be outnumber (too badly), and I thought that shooting the enemy to death wasn't an intersting or the most effective way to go about it, so instead I thought of Pinning and forcing Morale checks and it's at this point the Disruption Table caught my eye. Using a fair number of Rangers would allow me to initially thin out the enemy, and attempt the pin them through out the game - it also provided me with the kind of fire power I liked. My next problem was sorting an ample amount of close combat troops - Scorpions were ideal candidates due to their "Stealth" feel, and to complement them I used two fair sized Guardian Storm Squads. At this point I had a core army that could probably deal with light infantry and heavy infantry to an extent. With most of the units already bearing a "Stealth" feel I decided to go the full way and make an entirely Scout/Stealth army, so I added a Warlock with Conceal to the Guardians, and decided I would stick to light vehicles and fairly light infantry. With my core army already assembled, I need 2 things: Anti-Tank and Anti-Marine power. A couple of Power Fists and Fusion Guns here and there wasn't enough so I opted for some Vypers with Starcannons and a D-Cannon for anti-Marine (the latter capable of both required abilites) and then finally a War Walker for those tough nut vehicles. A Farseer with Guide would ensure the War Walker can do it's job, and I threw in a Spear just so that the Farseer could shoot effectively too. Sadly I still feel I am lacking a bit anti-tank an anti-Marine fire power, and have left 105 points to accomodate any suggestions and add anything anyone can suggest - remember I'm looking for "scout" type Anti-Marine and Anti-Tank. Any comments for this list?

HQ: 98
    Farseer
    Singing Spear
    Ghosthelm
    Runes of Witnessing
    Guide
    Elites: 367
    Striking Scorpions: 175
    Scorpions (x7)
    Exarch
    Scorpion Claw
    Stealth

Pathfinders: 96
    Pathfinders (x4)

Pathfinders: 96
    Pathfinders (x4)
    Troops: 600
    Rangers: 57
    Rangers (x3)

Rangers: 57
    Rangers (x3)

Rangers: 114
    Rangers (x6)

Rangers: 114
    Rangers (x6)

Guardian Storm Squad: 129
    Guardians (x11)
    Fusion Guns (x2)
    Warlock
    Close Combat Weapon
    Shuriken Pistol
    Conceal
    Guardian Storm Squad: 129
    Guardians (x11)
    Fusion Guns (x2)
    Warlock
    Close Combat Weapon
    Shuriken Pistol
    Conceal
    Fast Attack: 130
    Vyper Squadron: 65
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Vyper Squadron: 65
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    Heavy Support: 300
    Support Weapon Battery: 100
    Support Weapons (x2)
    Distort Cannons
    Crewmen (x4)
    Close Combat Weapons
    Shuriken Pistols
    War Walker Squadron: 100
    War Walker
    Bright Lances (x2)
    War Walker Squadron: 100
    War Walker
    Bright Lances (x2)
    HQ: 6.7%
    Elites: 24.5%
    Troops: 40%
    Fast Attack: 8.7%
    Heavy Support: 20%

Models: 63
    Vehicles: 3

Last edited by Nebulas; August 9th, 2005 at 08:16.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

very nice.

i don't like weapon batteries. the crew men die to easily, i'd opt for another war walker. if you take two, then you can optimize your farseer's guide by using it on 4 bright lances, not 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Well, I did leave 105 points over so I can get another War Walker anyway, but if I do that I feel I'm still lacking somewhat in anti-Marine.

I've resolved to take the War Walker, I have 2 Vypers dedicated to Marine killing, 2 D-Cannons, and lots of Marine Busting stuff throughout the list (Fusion Guns, Power Fist, Sniper Rifles) so I think I'll be ok.
    Last edited by Nebulas; August 9th, 2005 at 08:14.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

drop the d-cannons cause their range and surivability sucks and get a falcon. just keep the vypers and falcons in close proxy and you have 3 star cannons and a pulse laser.

no matter what eldar type army i'm playing, i always take 3 vypers, just for the anti marine concept.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

+ Reply to Thread