[1850] Biel-Tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1850] Biel-Tan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

[1850] Biel-Tan

I wanted to make a Biel-Tan army that went with the idea that the Eldar are meant to be VERY hard hitting, VERY fast, but VERY VERY fragile. And so I did. I know most people say not to put Bright Lances on BS 3 but the idea is if I can saturate their antitank weaponry with Brightlance Fire, it will die. I was inspired by the Mech Tau army and an army that I saw on here long ago that ran a large number of Serpents. So without further aidu. . .

Farseer, Singing Spear, Mindwar, Jetbike

Troops:
    9 Striking Scorpions
    1 Exarch, Scorpions Claw,

9 Striking Scorpions
    1 Exarch, Scorpions Claw,

9 Howling Banshees
    1 Exarch, executioner

9 Howling Banshees
    1 Exarch, executioner

4 Wave Serpents, w/ TL BL or SC (2 w/ Brightlances, 2 with Starcannons).

Heavy Support:
    War Walker, Bright Lances

War Walker, Starcannons

War Walker, Bright Lances

Elite:

Vyper, Bright Lance

Vyper, Bright Lance

Vyper, Star Cannon

Comments and Suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm just now putting this army together so if I'm going to change it, now is the time.

Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a bad list, a little on the path of a cookie cutter army, but it's decent. 40 hand to hand troops is a good lot of troops to have so that works.

eldar doesnt have much variety on a squad to squad basis, meaning that if you take one squad of say scorpions, it's pretty much got only one good way of being set up (scorpion's claw and maybe stealth) - so not many options. I'd advise trying to add some strategic options into your list, give yourself some other units to play with, some variety; anything that adds some diversity is good because you'll enjoy playing the army for longer.

if you only have one strategy and it's fairly simple, how many games of 40k are you going to play before you decide to start working on a new, more interesting army? my point is only that you should try to add as much depth and character to a biel-tan armylist as possible since squads really tend to be cookie-cutter-ish more than usual with aspect warriors.

this may result in some not optimal decisions in army list composition, like I have 2 squads of striking scorpions, one has a scorp's claw, and the other has the biting blade and crushing blow- I do this so it adds a different feel to the two squads and encourages me to think more tactically and manoeuver my squad with the biting blade to take on the characters vs my other squad with the claw to take on stuff like dreadnoughts etc. I know the biting blade is crap really and I'm not doing myself any favors by taking it, but it adds character, something I think your army would do well to beef up on

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Keep the two serpents with TL BLs, and skip the other two. Then get stealth for your scorps. Stealth is the cheapest way of getting your scorps to battle, and it is marginally safer than transporting them in a serpent.

Get starcannons for all of your vypers. BS3 is not enough to be effective at fireing a single shot weapon, but burst weapons works just fine.

Remove the walkers. First, they are 300 free vp for your opponent.. they are simply too fragile. Second, they will soon get new models, and that is the main reason why you will regret buying them now.

For the points you have at your disposal now, get a squad of warp spiders and a 1-2 falcons.. those two units will easily cover the firepower you have lost when dropping the walkers, but at the same time be a hundred times as survivable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    Keep the two serpents with TL BLs, and skip the other two. Then get stealth for your scorps. Stealth is the cheapest way of getting your scorps to battle, and it is marginally safer than transporting them in a serpent.
    does stealth allow you to infiltrate even if the mission doesnt normally permit infiltration?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

No. But almost ecery mission allows you to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the cool thing about a wave serpent heavy army (in defense of his 4 wave serpent setup) is that if you split your army to attack on two fronts and one side finishes killing everything it can quickly mount up and rejoin and reinforce the other element that's bogged down. similarly if you deploy split and see it's not going to work you can zip across the field and rejoin the most advantageously positioned element..this can really put the enemy at a disadvantage as he's likely now only got 1/2 of his army vs all of yours - almost a guaranteed denied flank move established for the price of turn 1. there's more strategy I'd think in a mechanized force simply due to greater mobility options.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

First off I want to say thank you to everyone who has made suggestions. I appreciate them and will definately consider 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    Not all missions allow infiltration, as was pointed out, and also it means a highly mobile force can easilly outmanuver them and keep them useless. Also, by having 4 Serpents, 3 Vypers, and 3 Walkers I give my opponent too many things to concentrate on.

Get starcannons for all of your vypers. BS3 is not enough to be effective at fireing a single shot weapon, but burst weapons works just fine.
    I need alot of antiarmor to help cut down the number of antiarmor shots coming at me. BS3 is bad, but between two Vypers that's a 75% chance at least one will hit and a 25% chance both will hit. It's a gamble, but isn't everything?

Remove the walkers. First, they are 300 free vp for your opponent.. they are simply too fragile. Second, they will soon get new models, and that is the main reason why you will regret buying them now.
    I don't know about them being "free victory points for my opponent" The fact that they are too fragile won't come into play if they target my Serpents with all their firepower, and if they target the walkers with the firepower then my serpents are free to do their damage and allow their troops to safely deploy.

It's good to know about them getting new models. Is there pictures of the new models available yet?

For the points you have at your disposal now, get a squad of warp spiders and a 1-2 falcons.. those two units will easily cover the firepower you have lost when dropping the walkers, but at the same time be a hundred times as survivable.
    The falcons I can understand and agree and will likely end up goign with somewhere down the road but I absolutely loathe warp spiders. I don't like the look of 'em at all and their gun's AP is too poor for me to consider them very much, Dark Reaper's on the other hand. . .
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; August 19th, 2005 at 15:51. Reason: Left out a line.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX
    It's good to know about them getting new models. Is there pictures of the new models available yet?

The falcons I can understand and agree and will likely end up goign with somewhere down the road but I absolutely loathe warp spiders. I don't like the look of 'em at all and their gun's AP is too poor for me to consider them very much, Dark Reaper's on the other hand. . .
    No one can say anything for sure about the models, because no one knows. However, given that the eldar codex is probably coming out within a year... *prays for a moment to the dice gods* they'll get knew models then.

For warp spiders, you should consider them. They may not fit the style of this army, so don't take them in this army. However, the quantity of shots that they can let loose is impressive enough that they don't really need ap. and light tanks? dead. Very, very dead.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark reapers are just brutal vs 3+ armor too though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by artificer knoll
    dark reapers are just brutal vs 3+ armor too though.
    But they're almost twice as expensive, and they have a 4+ armor save... it's a trade off.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread