[1500]Tyranid-Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500]Tyranid-Balanced

HQ-200
    Broodlord-Toxin Sacs, Extended Carapace
    10 Genestealers-Extended Carapace

Troops-384
    12 Hormagaunts

12 Hormagaunts

12 Hormagaunts-Toxin Sacs

12 Genestealers-ext. carapace

FA-240
    3 Raveners-ST+RCx2

HS
    2 Zoanthropes-Synapse+Warp Blast

Carnifex-VC,BS, enhanced senses

Carnifex-2xST, ext. carapace, toxin sacs, adrenal glandsx2, reinforced chitin

Total:1499

learning new things every day

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

The list looks good in my eyes....it's also looking pretty similar to my list . I just have one question, do you plan on just buying hormogaunt sprues on the GW site or what? How else will you get all horms? Are you gonna just leave out the other gaunts?
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The Broodlord is good. His retinue is on the high end of how many I like to have, since I find anything over 8 models is a pain to infiltrate 12".

I'm a firm believer that Gaunts are better without bio-morphs. In their case, quantity beats quality.

The Genestealers are perfect.

Deploy the Raveners seperately. One FA slot for each one. See about giving them Spinefists. See the following thread as to why I recommend it. -
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=43506 ([1500] Tyranids ballanced? to mixed? comments please)

I'm not a big fan of CC geared Carnifex's - I believe they're too slow to make effective CC units. To each his own though - glad to see you didn't go overboard on him, so he's good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually am using 6 raveners in my army(x2) but i agree its a good idea to put them in the smallest squads possible. I have thought about dividing the squad of genestealers in two.
    learning new things every day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

For genestealers, I think it's the bigger the squad the better. You need them in numbers to be good and they are gonna get shot at anyway so might as well have one big squad so about half will still make it, depending at what's shooting at them.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

+ Reply to Thread