10 scarabs=120
10 scarabs=120
5 destroyers= 250
heavy support
monolith= 235
5 tomb spiders=275
total= 2297
phase out=14.25

the plan is to let the tyranids charge the scarabs, then counter charge with the flayed ones, the ctan and tomb spiders are for the monstrous creatures, the warriors and destroyers will shoot as the nids advance, hopefully killing any really nasty stuff, like genestealers. the monolith is there to get my squads out of bad situations, and to blast lots of bugs.

See less See more
#3 ·
I wouldn't suggest a CC army against Nids. Necron's greatest strength is their shooting, and their biggest weakness is in HtH. Just assume that when you reach HtH, you aren't going to go first. The Scarabs won't last long in CC, especially if you charge into Gaunts/Hormagaunts. The TS will die before it gets an attack against MCs, and the NB won't get into CC with anything the Nid player doesn't want you to get in CC with due to his speed.

The thing that is going to do the most damage is the Monolith, so it will probably draw all of the Nid fire (a VC Fex has a good chance of stopping the Lith from firing every turn) until it's gone.

#4 ·
Gojiratoho said:
I wouldn't suggest a CC army against Nids. Necron's greatest strength is their , and their biggest weakness is in HtH. Just assume that when you reach HtH, you aren't going to go first. The Scarabs won't last long in CC, especially if you charge into Gaunts/Hormagaunts. The TS will die before it gets an attack against MCs, and the NB won't get into CC with anything the Nid player doesn't want you to get in CC with due to his speed.

The thing that is going to do the most damage is the Monolith, so it will probably draw all of the Nid fire (a VC Fex has a good chance of stopping the Lith from firing every turn) until it's gone.

This is all very true. Its not very wise to use the crons weakness, cc, against, the best cc army in the game (IMO). Ur plan is flawed in several places, most of which stem from the low squad Inititave. I would stick to the traditional shooty cron list. If u really want too, take a squad of scarabs to tie up some squads.

#5 ·
- i played this list, and did pretty well. we didn't finish the game, and we were about tied for victory points. the momolith was suprisingly ineffective, getting blown up by zoanthropes when it deep striked the nightbrinder killed 3 tyrant guard, a carnifex, a hive tyrant, ad 4 genestealers, mainly with its blowing up thing, it died in one turn against the hive tyant, he rolled 4 sixes to wound! the destroyers were the MVP's, taking out 8 raveners, 12 genestealers, 3 biovores, 4 warriors, and a zoanthrope!
-my battle plan worked well because as i suspected, my flayed ones would only have gotten one turn of long range shooting at guants if i had played them as warriors, before getting dragged into the massive, and inevitable melee, where my CC troops could actually do something.

#6 ·
though the game has allready ben played if you plan on playing similar games i would suggust that you drop a squad of flayed ones and get some H destroyers while upping the number of warriors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.