(2000pts) Necron balanced list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(2000pts) Necron balanced list

Here's my 200pt list. I ussually go all shooty but im wondering if a bit of CC will help balance my list as I usually get walked all over by demon princes/loads of terminators

HQ
    Necron Lord- staff of light, Veil of Darkness, Gaze of Flame- 175pts

Elites
    5 Immortals- 140pts

Troops
    18 Necron Warriors- 324pts

Fast Attack
    3 Wraiths- 123pts
    3 Destroyers- 150pts
    10 Scarab Swarms- D-fields- 160pts

Heavy Support
    3 Heavy Destroyers- 195pts
    3 Tomb Spyders- 165pts
    Monolith- 235pts

Total- 1991

Should I get more warriors? The gaze of flame is there as a point filler, plus it stops the charge attacks on the teleported squad if they get charged. Any comments more than welcome!

haha i'm safe behind my terrain piece here... those footsloggin necrons will never reach me... WHAT THE HELL A GIANT PYRAMID THINGY JUST MATERIALIZED OUT OF THIN AIR!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Alright, let's see

Your Lord seems fine. You lack a Res Orb, but unless you are facing a list that was built to fight Necrons, you will probably be okay.

Immortals. You might want to find some points to beef them up a bit. If you Veil with them their small number leaves them very vulnerable to incoming fire.

Troops. Nice solid base here. You might play with 3 units over two, especially if you face fast HtH armies.

Fast Attack. I like the Scarabs, but the Destroyers are a bit light. If I only have one unit of Destroyers, I field a minimum of 4 to let them last longer. If you only own three, then keep them behind other units for Target Priority or keep them in cover. Wraiths are give and take. They either do really well or get shot to pieces. Keep them in cover until you can reach HtH.

HS. I think you have too many points invested in your Heavy Support. First, you can lose at least one Tomb Spyder. The only units they would be able to affect with Articifer are the Warriors, and you only have 2 Warriors squads. If you're worried about being charged, drop the DFields from the Scarabs and keep them around to counter/pre charge the enemy.

Heavy Destroyers I find hard to justify (unless you are facing MCs). This would be the first thing I'd scavange for points.

Monolith. I don't use the Monolith, but in your list I'd keep it. It will draw fire and can also give you WBB rolls.

You've got a 12 PO in this list. Normally that isn't a bad thing, but you have 4 very small units (Wraiths/Destroyers/HD/Immortals). These will definetly be targeted first to try and reduce your numbers and your long range ability. Stick them in cover to protect them. Be [b]very[/] careful if you veil the Immortals. If you get them in the wrong place, you could lose the unit and the Lord. If you are going to veil, take Warriors. Their range is less but their numbers are greater.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx, i usually veil the warriors anyway. If they get into rapid fire range they can kill almost anything
    haha i'm safe behind my terrain piece here... those footsloggin necrons will never reach me... WHAT THE HELL A GIANT PYRAMID THINGY JUST MATERIALIZED OUT OF THIN AIR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taking into consideration all the things said, here's my new list

HQ
    Necron Lord- staff of light, Veil of Darkness, - 160pts

Elites
    8 Immortals- 248pts

Troops

Fast Attack
    3 Wraiths- 123pts
    5 Destroyers- 250pts
    10 Scarab Swarms- D-fields- 160pts

Heavy Support
    3 Heavy Destroyers- 195pts
    Monolith- 235pts

Total- 1995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta
    thanx, i usually veil the warriors anyway. If they get into rapid fire range they can kill almost anything
    I've never been a big fan of Veiling Warriors. To get them into Rapid Fire Range, you have to walk a very fine line that relies on a lot of luck. You either end too close to the enemy, Rapid Fire, and then get charged; or you end up too far away and you cannot Rapid Fire.
    Plus, the nature of deep-striking clumps a large unit of Warriors into a very small area, making them vulnerable to Ordnance Weapons, most of which can insta-kill a Necron Warrior.

Veiling Immortals is preferable to Veiling Warriors, because you can pump out the same number of shots, regardless of whether you are two inches or twenty-four inches away. The Immortals' better weapon ensures more wounds and thus, more kills, and the Immortals' improved Toughness value means they are more survivable in the face of all the heavy weaponry that they are in range of.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i find that a ressi orb is ESSENTIAL. i agree that veiling the immortals is a better bet, and would like to see the immortal unit larger. apart from that, i would say don't let anyone tempt you away from the heavy destroyers. they can really get you out of a tight spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I've never been fond of Wraiths, but I do like Destroyers. I would drop the unit of wraiths and 1 maybe 2 scarabs then take 2 units of 4 Destroyers.

You have 5 points left. Give the Lord a Disruption Field in case he finds a need to charge armor.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Point of interest, this list was submitted in August of 05.

Friends don't let friends dabble in Threadcromancy.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread