[1000] clanless - friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] clanless - friendly

Hey this'll be my first full army so any critiscism will be greatly apreciated.

983 points total

360 points
    Warboss-mega armor, waaghhh! banner
    nob X5 - mega armor

239 points
    19 sluggas - 3 rockets
    1 nob - heavy armor, power claw

99 points
    30 grotz
    1 slaver

150 points
    3 killa kans - armour plates

135 points
    1 looted basilisk - armour plates, indirect fire

my biggest question is, is my HQ unit worth the points i'm putting into them, and are they worth it without putting them in a vehicle. My friend said either everything in vehilces or nothing, with just my HQ in a vehilce they'll get there too quick and be focused on by everything.

Edit:
    Army with suggested changes

998(1000 with +1 squig hound -1 grot) points total

86 points
    warboss - power claw

182 points
    pain boss - cybork, dok's tools, 2 grot orderlies, power klaw, 'urty syringe
    8 cyborks

239 points
    19 sluggas - 3 rockets
    1 nob - heavy armor, power klaw

99 points
    30 grotz
    1 slaver
    or
    101 points
    29 grotz
    1 slaver - squighount

150 points
    3 killa kans - armour plates

135 points
    1 looted basilisk - armour plates, indirect fire

107 points
    5 burna boyz
    mekboy - kustom force field(that is KFF right), grot oiler, mekboy toolz

Last edited by tolore; September 2nd, 2005 at 23:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

You've got alot, and I mean ALOT, of points stuffed into your HQ man.
    My suggestion? Replace the nobs and the WAAAGH banner with a painboss, eight cyborks, and a wartrukk with all the fixin's. This'll come out cheaper, and you'll end up with some pretty nice, high toughness orks to back up your warboss. The trukk will let you get them around much easier.
    Any points you have left over from that, see about getting a unit of burna boyz with a mek and a KFF (to protect and repair your kanz), and give your other nob a powerklaw and the slaver a squighound and a special weapon.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah we were thinking that may have been too many points in the HQ, but my friend looked at their stats and said it may be worth it. the army builder i'm using is only letting me put in a mad dok not a painboss, and the 8 cybork nobs are actually costing more than the 5 mega armored ones. unless you mean add them in as a seperate unit, but then can i put them all in one vehicle? well either way i will edit the first post and add in your changes seperately so i can get more feedback, thanks for what you've given me so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

A nob costs you 23 points total to have and to arm, at the very least. A cybork runs you ten points less and shows up with a choppa and a slugga.
    Each of your nobs is costing you 50+ points. It's reeeeeeally ain't cost efficient, especially if you're having them footslog. They're wonderful in larger games, yeah, but in lower point games you need more orks.
    And I do mean take the painboss as your second HQ choice. *nods* Plenty of fun right there.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, i got yaah now, i originally though you meant make the nobs cybork instead of the mega armor. for making cyborks do i just add metal parts, or paint some of his skin metal instead of green, because i haven't seen any boxes for them.

Another quick question, for the power of waaghh! and mob up rules is it based by orks in the squad or orks in a certain distance, i assume squad but just thought i'd check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

There's several different conversions flying around for making cyborks (you've got to make yer own, saddly...). Check out the-waaagh.com for some possible ideas.
    And the WAAAGH check is based off of the units in the mob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you 2nd list looks a lot better but i would still lose the 2nd hq and just give your warboss a power klaw a choppa a cybork body and eavy armour and bionik bounce
    and for your slavers i would give them a rokit launcher nad 3 ammo runts then you have a very annoying unit there that they may fire at if your lucky i actuly like the lemin russ for a looted tamk as it has very goos armour and should take alot of fire off your boyz but the bassie if a good choce maybe although they could just deep strike a cheap unit and take it out.
    with the extra points get more boyz maybe hard boyz for a body guard for your hq
    hope that help
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i actually get my army together i'll definently experiment with the lemin russ, thats what i was thinking originally but my friend said the basilisk was better(of course i only said lemen russ because thats the only tank i'd really heard of). Actually having the stuff will help me decide between the cybork squad and the heavy boyz you suggested, although i might go cybork just because they sound cooler. thanks for the suggestions wraith, now i have 2lists to test out when my boyz come in the mail.

+ Reply to Thread