[1850] No TMCs. Can it work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

[1850] No TMCs. Can it work?

HQ:
    Broodlord w/ extra Strength and extended carapce, 10 Genestealers w/ extended Carapace

Elite:
    2xLictor

Troops:
    5x Genestealer Units of 10, all with Extended Carapace

Fast Attack
    2x Ravener squads of 5, Rending Claws and Scything Talons.

It comes to exactly 1850. However, I'm not sure if it'll work, Skimmers will give me some trouble, but Warriors have a hard time even glancing AV 12 (Eldar Skimmer). The 2x Lictors will let me reroll the Ravaners entry if I need it. And for 'Nids at 1850 having only 73 models isn't many, a good shooty army frightens me.

One thing I was thinking about, if I dropped 1 of the Genestealer units, I could field 20 Ripper Swarms (assuming I can scrounge up 20). They would lag behind, but could seriously increase the number of wounds in the army. . .what do you all think?

Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I know your going for a 'theme' here of using the mid-sized nid stuff, but I feel no TMC creature armies would need at least one bulky unit to set against the fact your going to be outnumbered here (which is BAD for nids).

I'd drop some stuff and run a big 32 spinegaunt brood as the 'anchor' of your army. Because let's be honest, against 1850 points of IG and all the missile launchers, heavy bolters and nastyness they have, your list would have a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If ya did add a spinegaunt brood, what's gonna give em synapse? they're not going to be a great core if they can't keep in check.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Actually, my idea was just to be able to out hand to hand the armies that want to go up close and personal with me, and to defeat the shooting armies through a combination of not having anything worth using anti-tank weaponry on and speed.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The problems I see with this list are no ranged armor piercers. The Ravs can do a number on tanks, but with low armor they can be shot up easily by most basic rifles. The Lictors are also good at dropping tanks, but if you DS them it's random when they can come in and if they don't drop the tank that round, they'll be shot up or tied up by nearby units.

The BL/GS retinue can get close and will tear the hell out of armor, but that will be the unit that probably eats most of the heavy weaponry as it's the most dangerous.

The Stealers are fast, but not really fast enough. 7-12 inches a turn is speedy, but they'll still eat a lot of firepower before they reach CC. If their numbers are too low when they do reach the lines, they stand a good chance of being beaten.

I'd try and throw in either a shooty Warrior squad, or Biovores/WBZoans for long range support. If you swap up to Gaunts, you will definetly need more Synapse, and that is going to affect your army composition. If you want to reorganize without major changes, lose one unit of Genestealers and 1 Ravener. Make the remaining 9 Ravs 3 units of 3 each and pour the points you've scavanged into HS or Warriors.

Against non-tank heavy armies, this list should do well provided you use cover to your advantage.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread