[1500pts] Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500pts] Tyranids

This is my army list and I would like to hear what other people think about it, is it balansed? Is it able to kick some marine butt? Is it able to get pizza free of charge?

Hive tyrant: 155pts
    adrenal glands(ws), acid maw, toxin sacs, wings, 2x scything talons
    I'd use it for some tank busting and taking out elite troops before they can do massive damage to my bugs. And I'm planign to use the wings of greater demon of tzeentch, do you think they would look good on the tyrant (not the new tyrant model, but the one before it)

Brood lord: 253pts
    Extended carapace, feeder tendrils, toxin sacs + 8'stealers with extended carapace
    He is going to infiltrate with the stealers and I bought the tendrils to provide the preferred enemy to stealers, and when my squads assault he will provide them synapse with the tyrant.

4warriors: 154pts
    Enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, death spitters, scything talons +1 venom cannon.
    They are used as a basic synapse and fire support.

2 Lictors: 160pts
    Thease are going to jump from the cover as soon as possible to assault the heavy weapon teams before they fry my tyrant and 'fex

10 spinegaunts 50pts
    Cannon fodder.
    -||- 50pts

-||- 50pts

-||- 50pts
    10 hormagaunts: 120pts
    Extended carapace, adrenal glands(i).
    Thease are going to do support assault or tie enemy up.

-||-: 120pts

3 ripper swarms: 60pts
    wings
    Only thing I use them for is to assault enemy squads or heavy weapon teams turn 2 or 3 so that they can't do anything for that time they are going to get rid of rippers, wich can take some time 'couse of the 9 wounds and the fact they are mindless.

2 Zoanthropes 130pts
    Both have synapse creature and warp blast.
    The brain bugs will blow the enemy tanks up and provide synapse before the assault.

Canifex 153pts
    Enhasced senses, Venom cannon, barbed strangler, spine banks.
    The tank blower And elite/normal troop demolisher

Grande totale: 1535
    Where should I drop that 35pts?
    I'm usually playing marines, eldar, d-eldar, ig and necrons
    the ig and the eldar(both) are usually tank heavy
    Do flying tyrants need the warp field?

Last edited by Sawamura; September 10th, 2005 at 14:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good. i'm thinking maybe have 3 or even 2 larger units of spinegaunts as they'll take more fire before they become useless. on the other hand it provides more target fpor the enemy to shoot at. it's up to u. the 35pt could come from dropping toxin sacs on the warriors. they'll be shooting at s5 with the spiiters which will wound sm on a 3+. also what's the point of extended carapace on hormagaunts? against SM and necrons they're not going to get any saves, not sure about d-eldar and eldar wepaons. that's my thoughts. it looks pretty balanced. happy hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I preffer small broods of spinegaunts as the eldar and ig have lots of shots per squad and some of the wounds they cause are wasted as there are not enough gaunts to die, and there is a bigger chanse that one of squads rolls 5 or 6 when making the fleet roll and then potentially gets to assault range and charges to enemy unit, preventing heavy wepons in the unit fire, and killing my tyrant.
    Yes, the carapace upgrade is waste when facing marines,eldar,tau and everything else, but ig lasguns have no ap at all. I bought them only becouse I deploy them behaind the forrest so that they don't get shot to grave, and when they assault in cc they get +5sv.
    Warriors have t-sacs becouse with s6 spittas they instakill eldar, d-eldar, ig and tau
    they don't make much difference against marines but its still something...
    I think I'll just drop 1 warrior..
    When I get the tyrant painted I will put his/hers/its photo on this page so that people get to see if the greater demons wings look good or not.
    And happy hunting to you too Marvus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the spine banks on the 'fex? I wouldnt bring a fex made for long range shooting so close to the enemy and risk being assaulted just so you can shoot 2 strength 6 shots when you have a longer ranged strength 8 infantry killer. Taking it away could also reduce your points.
    learning new things every day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 over is a bit too much.

the simplest would be the removal of 1 stealer, and 3 gaunts.

.. However, if you're willing to drop a point sink that is "Lictor", then you'd have opints left over
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I may drop the lictors but I havent played with this list yet and don't know if they suit in my playing style or not. At the moment I have 3 wariors, 16 spinegaunts, 16 hormagaunts, 3 rippers, Tyrant, 'Fex and 8'stealers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For troops, I'd have (and I'm having in my army) -

16 X Spinegaunts - simply because they're sooooo cheap!
    16 X Termagaunts - just the fleshborer, I want to see that ammo eat!
    16 X Hormagaunts - nothing on them, so they're cheap
    16 X Adrenagaunts - Both the adrenal gland upgrades. 12pts per hormie is pretty cheap for WS 5 I 5!!

Then, I'd either have a squad of about 10 - 16 gaunts with Devourers (10pts per model, expensive but useful), a large squad of 10 ripper swarms, 2 squads of 5 ripper swarms or a genestealer brood of 10, without any upgrades. I'd probably go for the ripper swarm ones, cuz they're not gonna die fast. 15 wounds!
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

+ Reply to Thread