[2000] tyranid shooting list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] tyranid shooting list

HQ
    -hive tyrant, toxin sacs, enhanced senses, extended carapace, 2 twin linked devourers=146
    Elites
    -4 warriors, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace, 3 devourers, 1 venom cannon=138
    -4 warriors, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace, 3 devourers, 1 venom cannon=138
    troops
    16 guants, spinefists, toxin sacs, without number= 176
    16 guants, spinefists, toxin sacs, without number= 176
    16 guants, devourer, toxin sacs=160
    17 guants, fleshborer, toxin sacs= 153
    4 rippers, extended carapace, enhanced sences, toxin sacs, spine fists=62
    fast attack
    16 gargoyles=192
    16 gargoyles=192
    heavy support
    carnifex, enhanced senses, extended carapace, 2 twin linked devourers=138
    carnifex, enhanced senses, extended carapace, 2 twin linked devourers=138
    carnifex, enhanced senses, extended carapace, 2 venom cannons=193
    total=2002
    -i just love the concept, i was going to play it in a battle where we all play against the type of our armies. aka, all CC guard, all CC necrons. please post any improvements you think should be made to the list.

Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u're playing against Guard then i suggest at least one barbed strangler. replace one of the VC on u're last fext with a berber strangler and watch their squads disappear. look pretty good otherwise. have fun and happy hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    4 warriors, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, extended carapace, 3 devourers, 1 venom cannon=138
    I assume they also have Scything Talons, which makes them 148 points.

17 guants, fleshborer, toxin sacs= 153
    Drop the 17th Gaunt making this brood 16 strong and 144 points.

4 rippers, extended carapace, enhanced sences, toxin sacs, spine fists=62
    This brood should be 68 points. The Spinefists are more expensive when you have Toxin Sacs.

carnifex, enhanced senses, extended carapace, 2 venom cannons=193
    This guy is 188 points. But as Marvus suggested, switch one of the Venom Cannons for a Barbed Strangler, dropping him to 173 points.

This gives you 1999 points all up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what would be cheaper than, and probably do better, than your warrior broods? Devilfexes (Enhanced Senses, Twin-linked Devourer, Twin-linked Devourer). All of the shots that will be produced re-roll misses and To Wounds, and are capable of downing up to AV12! For 113 points, I believe that the Devilfex is a superior choice to 'shooty' warriors. In contrast, I believe that warriors kitted for CC are a superior choice to a 'fex tooled for the same purpose.

You may want to consider giving those Rippers of yours Leaping so that they can follow through their shooting with an assault that wouldn't prove too shabby with Extended Carapace and Toxin Sacs. Personally, I've never had experience with such species, but I've heard nothing but good about them. So...

Also, for the same as all your gaunts combined, you could field as many as 83 Spinegaunts w/Toxin Sacs (re-rolling misses [that includes tanks!] and wounding on a 4+), or 73 Termagants w/Toxin Sacs (re-rolling for wounds that inflict on a 3+ anyway, but also affect AV up to 11). I think I would be more comfortable with either than all the varients. But you may feel the opposite. Just giving you something to think about, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. thanks lieu, i'll probably abopt those changes.

2. 1337 street, i already have two of those carnifex's you are describing, and a hive tyrant based on the same concept. i made my guants that way because this is a fun list, and i wanted to try some strange combinations.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I noticed that you had Devilfexes in your list, however, I am one who believes that every HS Carnifex should be equipped with a Venom Cannon. Should've included that in my post... :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to keep those warriors for synapse.
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

+ Reply to Thread