[1500]Tau (Tournament) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500]Tau (Tournament)

first off, I don't post much as allmost all of my questions are answered by just searching around a bit first, and any comment i do have on a posted topic has already been answered by a more knowledgable person. With that said I have a tournament coming up its 1500 pt static list. everyone plays everyone else and you cant replay someone until you've played everyone else, (obviously this is not a one day of gaming, it's everyother tuesday). the most points accumulated from all games wins. Here is what i've got so far...

HQ
    Shas'el 110
    -plasme rifle
    -missle pod
    -sheild gen
    -HW multi tracker

ELITES
    6XStealth team 190

TROOPS
    12xFire Warriors bonded 130

12xFire Warriors bonded 130

12xFire Warriors bonded 242
    devil fish multi-tracker targetting-array decoy-launcher

16xKroot 112 (i only have 16 kroot)

Fast Attack
    8xgun drones 96

HEAVY
    Hammer Head 150
    Ion Cannon burst cannons
    multi-tracker
    decoy-launcher
    target-lock

Hammer Head 185
    Rail gun smart missle system
    multi-tracker
    decoy-launcher
    target-lock
    blacksun filter(just in case of a night fight)

TOTAL 1345 155 LEFT
    At may disposel i have...
    2 broadsides
    pathfinders(i have not learned how to use them effectivly..yet)
    4 kroot hounds
    Krootox (i have one not going to use it)
    6 more crisis suits(magneticly mounted weapons)
    about 4-6 more drones + 1 sheild drone
    Ethereal
    Aun'Shi
    Anghkor Prok

As much as i love to win i love to have fun playing more . Any and all suggestions are welcome on how to finish off my list. I have a few ideas myself, but i wanted to hear what you all had to say first...

thanx ahead of time

Last edited by O'SU; September 23rd, 2005 at 08:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First let me say that you have a very solid list, you have all your bases covered. A few of your things have some extra gear you probably wont need...

People will tell you the shield gen is bad, its your choice, it can be pretty useful at times. Its just expensive.

Devilfish: Decoy lauchers are all you need, the other two options are solid but add them on last if you have the points

Hammerhead: Blacksun filter, hardley ever comes up. I'm not a big fan of the smart mssl system, but since you have a lock it alright. Drop them if you need a few extra points.

Drop all your bonding, use the points for an ethereal. All the time ive played FW, bonding rarely comes up. Your choice though, the issue is fairly split.

I used to dislike broadsides, but there some of the best Anti-armor in the game. Sure there not moblie, and dont have the survivaliblty of 'heads, they shoot more accuartely (75% to 66%) and cost half what the hammerhead does. 2 Broadsides are the hardest to play because if you lose one they begin to take "man on your own test", but you use what you got. A third Broadside will be helpful if you ever want to expand your force.

Pathfinders rock! No space in this army for them, but get to know how to use them.

I think this should but you around 1500, depends on what you drop. Good luck.
    Who brings a Hammerhead to a 500 point fight?!
    -Local 'Nid Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx for the reply
    evey time i try to use pathfinders i seem to get beat :eek:
    then again i play against necrons alot

i was mostly wondering on witch configs of crisis suits people suggest... :confused:

as for the blacksunfilter on the HH the last tournament i played in at this place there was a night mission

thanx again for any input

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O'SU
    evey time i try to use pathfinders i seem to get beat :eek:
    Yeah, my pathfinders have a rather low survival rating as well, people HATE them.

Crisis suits configurations? Depends on what you want to do with them and what rank are they. There is a lot of material on this subject and lots of different opinion, the following is what I have learned using crisis suits. Look up T0nkatruckdrivers guide, its very good.

The most common configuration is Plasma/Missle Pod/Multitracker. Can pretty much take on anything effectively. Some refer to it as the "fireknife" configuration

I'm a big fan of the "Deathrain" load. TL Missle Pods, Flamer. Its a accuarte long range attack, its keeps the crisis suit safe, and can take out light to medium armor effectively. The flamer is for close in work and is the cheapest option that is useable. If you have a team of them, give one target lock to split fire.

TL Fusion w/ Shield gen, used as a Deep striking tank hunter, probably wont live long, but you drop a tank before the enemy can react, and the invul save might let the suit attack again.

Plasma/Fusion/Multi is good against power armor and tanks.

Shas'o and 'el dont normally need to be twin linked since there accuarte enough, but its your choice.

Shas'vre can take HW multi trackers, so you can TL there weapons if you have the points

Burst cannons are the only weapon that suits really shouldnt take, you can get the same thing with Stealthsuits.
    -Local 'Nid Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

I'm trying out a unit of 6 pathfinders with a shooty devilfish, 172pts, I'll see if it gets as much attention as my 10man squad gets (2 drones).
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    I'm trying out a unit of 6 pathfinders with a shooty devilfish, 172pts, I'll see if it gets as much attention as my 10man squad gets (2 drones).
    Hmmm... Intresting thought. I really need to make better use of the 'fish the Pathfinders are mounted in, usually doesn't do that much. This is a good way to use it, Give it an Array and a Multi, only 15 points and turns it into a least a threat. Its nice and cheap to, I usally end up spending +200 on mine. I'll have to try that out.

Do you give your Shas'ui a HW target lock? I've found it useful in the past, so you dont end up wasting your whole squad on a single target.
    -Local 'Nid Player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Hardwired target lock is very useless, and the unit I use is now actually 182pts, I've added a Shas'ui. I kept failing ld tests to spot the further target. The unit definetely doesn't attract so much attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    Hardwired target lock is very useless
    Really? I've had a great deal of success with it. Normally, I target the closest infantry and closest vehicle so I avoid the check.

I'll try the smaller squads if I have the opportunity tomarrow.
    -Local 'Nid Player

+ Reply to Thread