2000 Tau Newbie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Tau Newbie

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2000 Tau Newbie

My friend asked me to post his list for a Tau army he is makink. Plz rip it apart for him as I want a good opponent for my Emperor's Children.

HQ: 104
    Shas'El (104): TL-Missile Pods, Plasma Gun, Hard Wired Target-Lock, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker

Elites: 528
    Shas’ui Crisis Battlesuit Team (180): 3 Battle Suits, TL-Plasma Rifles, Target Lock

Shas’ui Crisis Battlesuit Team (16: 3 Battle Suits, TL-Missle Pods, Target Lock

6 Stealth Suits (180)

Troops: 1028
    12 Firewarriors (215):
    Shas'Ui
    Devilfish, Decoy launchers

12 Firewarriors (215):
    Shas'Ui

12 Firewarriors (215):
    Shas'Ui

12 Firewarriors (215):
    Shas'Ui

12 Kroot (84)

12 Kroot (84)

Heavy Suport: 520
    1 Hammerhead (180): Railgun, Multi-tracker, Target Lock, Decoy Launchers

1 Hammerhead (160): Ion Cannon, Multi-tracker, Target Lock, Decoy Launchers

Last edited by thedrifter777; October 5th, 2005 at 05:00.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Goody! It's been awhile since I could really rip up a list!

Here goes!

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777
    HQ: 270
    Shas'O(135): Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

Shas'O(135): Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Shield Generator, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
    If he really wants 2, they should be Shas'els to save pts, some would say to drop the Shield Generators, I'll leave that to him to decide.

Elites: 378
    Shas’ui Crisis Battlesuit Team (189): 3 Battle Suits, Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker

Shas’ui Crisis Battlesuit Team (189): 3 Battle Suits, Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker
    There should never really be 3 suits in one squad, instead if he reall has to have 6, get him to split them up into 3 groups of 2, also get him to look into differnt loadouts maybe, Crisis Suits are very versatile, and while this setup will work, it could be kinda 'too general' you know? But in the end it's up to him.

Troops: 672
    12 Firewarriors (140):
    Shas'Ui, Markerlight

12 Firewarriors (140):
    Shas'Ui, Markerlight

12 Firewarriors (140):
    Shas'Ui, Markerlight

12 Firewarriors (140):
    Shas'Ui, Markerlight
    Alright, solid except for the markerlights, the only way to make Markerlights effective in FW squads is to give the 'ui a Target lock, but then it gets expensive, it's just easier to drop them IMO.

8 Kroot (56)

8 Kroot (56)
    With the extra and saved pts either combine theseand add to bring to full strenght or get both to at least 10 each.

Fast Attack: 96
    8 Gun Drones
    Gun Drones Rock. 'nuff said. (maybe get some more with the extra pts or something)

Heavy Suport: 575
    3 Broadsides (225): Multi-Tracker
    AHHH! BAD! # Broadsides in one squad with no target locks?!?! I'll adress this more in a bit.

Hammerhead Gunship (175): Railgun, Smart Missile System, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher

Hammerhead Gunship (175): Railgun, Smart Missile System, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher
    Theres lots you can do heare to really make this area better. One thing is to drop one hammer head and one broadside, then you have 3 railguns that can shoot at different targets each turn. of if he's dead set on having 3 Broadises, give 2 of them target Loscks so they can split thier shots to different targets.

A realtively solid list, but theres lots of room to improve, let us know what he thinks of what were saying! For instance there could be a specific reason he has Markerlights in his FW squads that we should know about!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

All in all this is a pretty good list. Your buddy has a good mix of anti-infantry, anti-MEq, and anti-tank firepower.

Teh Fox gives some good points, but I'm going to disagree about the Hammerheads. You definitely want two Hammerheads at 2000 points. They're way, way superior to Broadsides in almost every way. I am sort of a fan of the solo Broadside with a shield generator, but in a list like this, you run into problems with allocation slots. To put 2 Broadsides in a unit, one of them needs a target lock. You could give the other a regular slot drone controller though and not pay the HW points.

There's no reason the Kroot should be 2x 10 instead of 1x 20.

I like the 8x plasma + missile suit config. They fill the MEq-killing and transport-killing gap that the FWs and the HHs don't cover. It might make sense to trade two suits for plasma + fusion configs to fill the 2+ infantry killing role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I never said that Broadsides are better than Hammerheads, it just seemed like he really like Broadsides so I gave him an option to take a good effective force of Broadsides.

About the Kroot, I said 2X10 was because he had 2X8 already, so I figured I'd give him the option.

Mikie

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well he really appreciates the comments, and I edited his list for him so another check would be good. He also wanted me to comment that he was trying to design an army with an strong firebase with enough mobility to put the hurt on other stand and shoot armies.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I really like that list, it's nice and mechy, just make sure he dosen't for get that the Devilfishes could work apart from the FWs, so if you had to defend something you could just send the DFs up to harass the enmy while the FWs setup base.

And why oh why do you have a Target lock on the Shas'el?

Mike

+ Reply to Thread