[1500] First-Try Necron List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

[1500] First-Try Necron List

Hi...now, I'll get right into it, and just to be quick i'm not going to post any point costs but I'm 97% sure it's JUST under 1500. So here it is; thanks in advance:

Necron Lord
    inc. Resurrection orb, phylactery, Gaze of Flame, (4+ invul. sorry don't remember name)

10x Warriors
    11x Warriors
    12x Warriors

9x Immortals

5x Destroyers (regular)

1x Monolith

Phase Out = 12
    Models = 46
    Tanks = 1 (obviously)

So what do you think? I'm no pro but I will understand everything you say about Necrons so you don't have to talk to me like I'm an idiot .

Last edited by Emp.; October 17th, 2005 at 20:42.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would loose the 3 Wraiths and then make 2 units of 3 destroyers and a unit of scarabs, The other alternative is to drop 2 destoyers and take a couple mor Immortals
    Last edited by Borak; October 13th, 2005 at 05:43.
    Only A Dwarf Can Appreciate A Hairy Woman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-i would change the lord to having a RO, and VOD, and stick him with the immortals

-then i would drop the wraiths, to buy 4 more immortals, and a warrior.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

The only reason I don't favor VoD is being my deep-striking rolls (or anything with the scatter die) always seem to miss and go completely in another direction and then they die from hitting something else. It's probably just me but my past experiences lead me to doubt anything that makes me roll the scatter die.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself like the wraiths. I only wish I had three more of them, and I bet you do, too. I think they are great for taking on units of 12 or less. Plus, no one expects them to come from behind terrain and charge into their units. And, I feel that people either ignore them because tehre are only 3, or focus too much fire on them to get rid of them. Either way, I think they earn their points back, by killing, tying up units, or distracting a large amount of fire from other units. Of course, if you play against chaos marines, or large ork horde armies, they will fall pretty quickly in combat, but against most armies they seem to survive against the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you directly compare a ten man scarab squad versus a 3 man wraith squad, you will find the scarabs move just as fast, are a lot more durable, stike harder, and cost 3 points less. also the scrarabs come free with warriors, so you will probably have a few sitting around, and if you want to take out tanks, you can take an 8 man squad with d-fields for 128 points which is almost the same.

charging VS 10 SM, number of wounds inflicted
    wraiths=1.6
    scarabs=2.2
    charging 10 guardsmen
    wraiths=4.4
    scarabs=6.6
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

It's a solid list as it is, albeit maybe a bit slow. (Hey, they're Necrons, though.)

What I would like to address, if you don't mind, is your Lord's loadout:

Necron Lord: have to take one, so good choice
    Staff of Light: good choice, it's still a S5 power weapon and shoots well to boot. At 1,500 points, there aren't too many invuln saves out there yet.
    Resurrection Orb: a must have.
    Gaze of Flame: I actually like this. The list is slow, so if it gets into combat, you probably won't be doing the charging. This will effectively mitigate the impact of being charged.

These are all good, but the following two pieces vex me a little:
    Phylactery: mathematically, it makes its points back, but you really shouldn't get in the situation where your lord would be wiped out. You should shoot anything that has higher Initiative than you.
    Phase Shifter: Considering the Lord's Toughness, there's not much that can actually insta-kill him, certainly not at 1,500 points, and since he holds the Orb, there's nothing that can kill-kill him.

I would pick only one of these, if I had to pick either. (I would take the Phylactery.) I would rather recoup the points, and maybe take a Tomb Spyder, to add another Power Weapon to your list; or perhaps another Destroyer, to have two units of three and ensure "We'll Be Back" rolls if the unit is all knocked down.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread