[1500] Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1500] Tau

Junior Member Little Fire Warrior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Tau

I have just started collecting Tau (though I've had the codex for some time) and was working out a flexible Hunter Cader.

HQ
    • Sash'El [100]
      -Missile Pod
      -Burst Cannon
      -Plasma Rifle
      -Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
    • Ethereal [50]

Elites
    • 2 Crisis [130]
      -Missile Pod
      -Plasma Rifle
      -Multi-Tracker
    • 2 Crisis [130]
      -Missile Pod
      -Plasma Rifle
      -Multi-Tracker
    • 6 Stealth Suits [180]

Troops
    • 12 Fire Warriors [120]
    • 12 Fire Warriors [120]
    • 12 Fire Warriors [120]
    • 12 Fire Warriors [120]

Fast Attack
    • 8 Gun Drones [96]

Heavy Support
    • 2 Broadsides [150]
      -Smart Missiles
      -1 Target-Lock
      -1 Multi-Tracker
    • Hammerhead [175]
      -Railgun
      -Burst Cannons
      -Multi-Tracker
      -Target Lock
      -Decoy Launchers

In total, there is 48 Fire Warriors, 6 Stealts, 5 Crisis, 1 Hammerhead. 2 Broadsides, 8 Gun Drones, and an Ethereal.

"It is not our technology that will enable us to prevail in this galaxy. It is our shared sense of honour and commonality of cause that unites us and will give us the power to defeat our enemies."

Shas'el Sa'cea Or'es
    Fire Caste
    Commander

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

That looks like a really good list. You followed almost all of the unwritten laws for Tau. However, your Shas'El cannot fire all three weapons in one turn (Or so I believe). You can drop one (I recommend the Burst Cannon, as you have a lot of 5,5 stuff already) and make his Multi-Tracker a hard-point. That saves you 15 points for something. Perhaps make one of the Fire Warriors a Shas'Ui or something.

Overall, this list look great (and bears uncanny resemblence to mine).
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Nice list, but I'll say skip the burst cannon or the missile pod, since he can't fires all three, make the MT hardpointed instead of hardwired, it will save you some points, to give your etheral a shiled generator... he will need it.

for the weapons on your shas'el:
    Burst: many shorts assault, short range, pretty bad AP
    Plasma: high S, nice range, only 1 shoot unless you are inside 12" (same range as burst cannon), good AP
    Missile: good range, high S, two shots, assualt, nice AP

I'll say go with the plasma/missille (1 S6 AP4, 2 S7 AP4 / 2 S6 AP4, 2 S7 AP4) combo or the many shoots with the burst and plasma (3 S5 AP5 2 S6 AP2)
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I suggest splitting the broadsides into two teams, then you won't even need the target lock. Instead buy that guy a blacksun filter. I know you won't always use it but if you take this list (which is a rather good one) into a tournament then you will probably find nightfight will pop up somewhere.

If you can find the points equip your hammer head with a blacksun filter to, if you can still find more points give the other broadside one as well. If night fight crops up and you can't shoot something big and bad (enemy Close combat HQ) you will regret it....

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I agree with both Triumph Of Man and Arakiaz, you should split the Broadsides into two teams, until your army grow larger anyway. You should also equip one of your crisis teams with the Helios och Burning Eye configurations (either Plasmarifle, Fusion Blaster & TL, or twinlinked plasmarifle w. Blacksun filter or something else that you feel can come in handy).

The new rules for Tau in the Taros Campaign state that you will be able to field targetting array on all types of battlesuits (maybe not stealthsuits), this will be another quite usefull choice for the burning eye configuration ( BS 4 instead of 3).

But all out I think your armylist looks really good, many firewarriors can shoot down nearly anything with a little luck and having a solid firebace allways prooves handy when playing Tau. Just try to place them near eachother so you can fire overlapping volleys.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I haven't read the Taros Campaign since I don't have the money to buy it, but targeting array on all suits???? I'm so much gonna find the money somewhere, this is too good to be true. That actually makes Tau shooty
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

+ Reply to Thread