2000 Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Tyranids

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2000 Tyranids

This is more a list to understand the nids, although they still hold an appeal for my next army. Plz rip it apart as I have no experiance with the swarm.

HQ: 367
    Hive Tyrant (197): Winged, Adrenal Glands (WS and I), Toxin Sacs, 2 Scything Talons, Warp Field
    Broodlord (70): 5 Stealers Reutine (100)

Elites: 228
    3 Warriors (114): Adreanal Glands, Extened Carapce, Leaping, Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    3 Warriors (114): Adreanal Glands, Extened Carapce, Leaping, Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Troops: 780
    8 genestealers (160): Extended Carapce
    10 Hormagaunts (100):
    10 Hormagaunts (100):
    20 Gaunts (100): Spinfists

Fast Attack: 120
    1 Ravenor (40): Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Heavy Support: 563
    Carnifex (184): Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapce, Toxin Sacs, venom Cannons, Barbed Strangler

Carnifex (184): Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapce, Toxin Sacs, venom Cannons, Barbed Strangler

2 Zanthrobes (130)

Total: 1993

Last edited by thedrifter777; November 4th, 2005 at 07:47.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrant:
    can't have extended carapce and wings. drop the carapce and give it warp shield. don't mix shooting with combat, especially with flying tyrant, so chnage barded starbgler for and set of sycthing talons (ST). not sure what you eman by warp scream, whatever it you'll have to drop it for warp shield.

Warriors (1st and 2nd):
    i'd advise dropping the toxin sacs and replacing one set of ST for rending claws. give them leaping

Warriors (3rd):
    u can only have one "heavy weapon" so do u have one with BS and ST, and the other two with two pairs of ST? if so that's ok. maybe replace one ST on both the warriors for death spitters. you'll want enhanced senses.

Stealers:
    drop the ST as it just makes them too expensive. u save 64 pts by dropping them.

Hormagaunts:
    Drop the upgrades. u'll want u're troops as cheap as possible.

Guants:
    Never used fleshborers. i usually go for spine fists as it means they are only 5pts each. it's great for fodder which is what nids need. for the 90 pts u can get 18 spineguants.

carnifex (1st and 2nd):
    for a heavy fex the general weapon combo is VC and BS. this provides both ant-troop and anti-tank.

carnifex (3rd):
    cc fex's usually aren't worth their points, especially when they're tooled up as they are so slow. if u want a cc fex drop the crushing claws and just give it another set of ST. keep it nice and cheap.

with the points saved from dropping some of the upgrades u can do what u want. 3 units of 6 stealers would do nicely or 8, that'd be even nastier. make the hormies and gaunts units of 16 (just cause it's a nice number and use all the models when buying the boxes). a unit of flying warriors could do nicely for some fast synapse. it's really up to u what u do witht he spare points and it depends on you're playing style and what models you like.

Happy hunting

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Keep your gaunts as cheap as possible, they are only good in numbers (as many as possible).

Never mix cc with shooting

Your stealers don't benefit enough for the ST as they cost you, get rid of them

Allways use Warp Field for your Tyrant.

Make warrior brood three all shooty. I don't have my dex at my at the time so I can't advise you which weapons to take'

CC fex'es allmost never reach combat, they attract a lot of fire, but if you want to use it to get your minor cc units into battle them make it cheaper..... lots cheaper

Leaping is a really good upgrade for cc nids, it makes you reach cc in two rounds and make you able to charge 12" as far as I remember. Try give your cc warriors either two pairs of ST or an assault weapon and one pair of ST and leaping. It's worth the cost
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Some pretty good advice in the previous two replies... Let me just re-emphasize rending claws on your cc warriors. You'll want rending anywhere you can get it (other than TMC's who don't need them).

And just for clarification, the Adrenal Glands should definitely be for Initiative, not Weapon Skill. It will help you much more against I-4/5 opponents.

A unit I'd suggest trying to work into your army would be a 2xTL-Devourer fex or tyrant... I've been fielding both, and they've been working quite well against skimmers and terminator units:
    Fex: 2xTL-Devourer, Enhanced Senses - 113 points, can be taken as elite if you drop warriors, or heavy support if you drop the CC fex. If you have it as heavy support, you can add extended carapace to it. 8 Str-6 shots at BS3 with reroll to hit and wound.
    Tyrant: 2xTL-Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs w/ 2 Tyrant Guard retinue - 211 points. 12 Str-5 shots at BS4 with reroll to hit and wound.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Thank you so much for the replies. I tried to make as many of the suggested changes so another once over would be appreciated.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

+ Reply to Thread