Tau 2000pt- Tuorny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau 2000pt- Tuorny

Ok this list is basicly ment for flank speed and a solid front. Comment on it! AND YES I SPELT TOURNY TUORNY, DONT HAVE A COW!

HQ
    Shas'O with missile pod, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle
    HW: Multi-Tracker, 2x Shield Drones= 154

Ethereal= 50
    ---
    Elites
    Stealth x6 with 'Vre= 190

Crisis Team #1 x3 all with Plasma, Missile Pods, and Multi-Tracker
    'Vre, Bonded= 215

Crisis Team #2 x3 all with Plasma, Missile Pods, and Multi-Tracker
    'Vre, Bonded= 215

Troops

Fire Warrior x12(Blue Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Fire Warrior x12 (Green Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Fire Warrior x12 (Black Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Auxilery x10= 60

Auxilery x10= 60

Kroot Herd x12= 84

Fast Attack

8x Drones= 96

Heavy Support

Hammerhead #1= Railgun, SMS, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 180

Hammerhead #2= Railgun, SMS, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 180

Hammerhead #3= Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 150

This list is 2k Pts even.

Ok the tactics for this list

First off, my elite choices i took for heavy flanking, this would take pressure off my kroot to get close and my auxileries to take objectives. I planned on making my fire warriors static to support my flanks or shoot off markers to guild submunitions or solidshots. I've tested and tested this list and ive won almost every game. Only problems i face are deathwing armies.

If you have any tips or criticism please say so. I want the perfect list.

PS: Mech tau can go to what ever tau have for hell!

Darks Elves 6000ptsWood Elves 500pts (WIP)
    Imperial Guard 5000pts
    http://mr-godz.mybrute.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an "e" in Tourney, by the way. Moo.

HQ:

Personally, I don't ever want my Shas'O to have to get that close to anything to use his big gun. Also, drop the drones. They take away his IC status and make him a targetable unit. I use a Shield Generator and cover instead, and make sure he's never the closest target.

Ethereal looks good with this many troops, but see below.

ELITES:

Not bad. If you want drones somewhere, put a couple of Gun Drones in with the Stealths. It pads the unit a little more in terms of wounds and number of shots, and gives them the ability to pin pursuing enemies.

The Crisis Teams equipment looks good, but I'd personally go with pairs of suits rather than full teams. They tend to perform better in smaller units, but YMMV.

TROOPS:

Drop the Bonding and the Markers on all the Fire Teams, you won't be getting much use out of either of them and it's points better spent elsewhere.

The Auxiliary troops are Gue'vesa squads I assume. I've never used them, so good luck.

The Kroot need to be bigger. 12 models doesn't have enough survivability, in my experience. I always try to use a full unit (20 models) when I can, and a Shaper, Armor and a half-dozen Hounds are needed to really make a complete unit out of them.

Also, if you drop the Kroot, the Gue'vesa and the Bonding and Markers from the Fire Teams, as well as some strategic trimming elsewhere, you might be able to afford Devilfish transports for your teams. Even if you aren't intent on or a fan of playing "Mech Tau" style lists, they add flexibility to the unit and negate the need for the Ethereal, since units in a vehicles don't take Ld checks.

FAST ATTACK:

Looks good. Consider using them together with your Stealth team for maximum impact.

If you have Pathfinders and think you can make them work, considering using a team of them instead. Eight Markers in the middle of the map and a 'Fish running interference/Seeker launch platform can increase the effectiveness of your Hammers exponentially.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Pie is good. :yes:
    Looking for a 40K group near Tacoma, WA.
    Know one? In one? Want to start one? Drop me a PM.

Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est.
    Liberty is a thing beyond all price.
    Observe impartially, record accurately, report truthfully.
    --Journalist's Creed

D e F Y
    GRAVITY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337Malekith
    Ok this list is basicly ment for flank speed and a solid front. Comment on it! AND YES I SPELT TOURNY TUORNY, DONT HAVE A COW!

HQ
    Shas'O with missile pod, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle
    HW: Multi-Tracker, 2x Shield Drones= 154
    Either lose the MP or fusion, I use a fusion, plasma, Multi and shield gen for 133pts, now heres a tip that will work in tournys.
    You have a Drone squad (good) keep the drone squad close to the Shas but do not attach the Shas to it, this means that any enemy has to kill 8 Drones before it can target the Shas(as long as the drone is closest), I have been using a Shas'O with drone squad and place the drones in a circular formation around the Shas, this means he cannot be shot or assaulted, as long as the drones are within 2" coherency they are fine. it works amazingly wel and the Shas gets 8 twin linked shots as back up. Try it it works, take the fusion and plasma because with the protection of the drones it means he can get close safely and hit the tough targets with his superior BS.

Ethereal= 50
    ---
    Elites
    Stealth x6 with 'Vre= 190

Crisis Team #1 x3 all with Plasma, Missile Pods, and Multi-Tracker
    'Vre, Bonded= 215

Crisis Team #2 x3 all with Plasma, Missile Pods, and Multi-Tracker
    'Vre, Bonded= 215
    Ethereals are ok but they can hurt you when they die, all your troops running away, I never take em, use the points to bulk up the Kroot, they will be much more usefull an extra 7 Kroot will make the unit much more effective.

Crisis suit teams are a bad idea, they get caught in CC you kiss the whole unit goodbye, if they take casualties they can be made to run, take lone suits, they start of alone so cannot be forced to take last man tests, they can use cover a lot more effectively and if you give them shield gens they do survive really well, the points saved can be put towards taking a Shas'el(replace the Ethereal) which will be much more usefull, so lose two suits take a Shas'El with plasma, MP, HW multi and SG for 110 pts and take two Crisis suits with the same fit for 95 pts(team leaders) for 300pts you will have a much harder hitting and survivable force of XV8's and against tourny power players you will need it, cos they will target the teams but the lone suits tend to get ignored until they do damage (and then its to late).
    Stealths good choice use em as flanking units and do not rely on the spotting rule to keep em safe, use them to target infantry and such units as Devis and HQ units (farseers etc)

Troops

Fire Warrior x12(Blue Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Fire Warrior x12 (Green Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Fire Warrior x12 (Black Team) Shas'ui, Bonded, Marker Light= 150

Auxilery x10= 60

Auxilery x10= 60

Kroot Herd x12= 84
    Nothing much wrong with the FW but I would lose the bonding its not much use,lose the Markerlight he can only use it against the same target as his unit so whats the point, he cant mark for his own team and if he marks a vehicle you waste the rest of the shots of the FW team. lose the Auxilery and take another unit of FW.
    For 130 points you can have a usefull FW team so lose the Aux and take 4 FW teams and save yourself 50 points. The 30" range and strength of the pulse rifle will be much more usefull than a lasgun believe me and the better save of the FW will tell.
    Make the Kroot 20 strong or use 2 teams of 10 either have their good points, me I use em in cover as a counter assault unit and dont forget 20 shots does damage, the Kroot need numbers to be effective and one 12 strong unit is really not worth taking.

Fast Attack

8x Drones= 96
    Good choice use them with the Shas'O pop transports with the Shas and then shoot the passengers, this will usualy guarantee a pinned unit (always a bonus)

Heavy Support

Hammerhead #1= Railgun, SMS, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 180

Hammerhead #2= Railgun, SMS, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 180

Hammerhead #3= Ion Cannon, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pods, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock= 150
    Nice but take decoys instead of disruption pods, I usually take three railguns, but on balance if the list is for tournys the Ion is probaly worth taking, its always better to have a balanced list at tournys.

Ok the tactics for this list

First off, my elite choices i took for heavy flanking, this would take pressure off my kroot to get close and my auxileries to take objectives. I planned on making my fire warriors static to support my flanks or shoot off markers to guild submunitions or solidshots. I've tested and tested this list and ive won almost every game. Only problems i face are deathwing armies.

If you have any tips or criticism please say so. I want the perfect list.

PS: Mech tau can go to what ever tau have for hell!
    OK tactics.

1 Dont get close with Kroot, either use them as support for the FW or use them as another player Onlainari on this forum does as 2 10 man units to stop and push back infiltrators.
    If you use them as back up for the FW put them in cover as close to the FW as possible, do not charge with them but use them as a shooting unit, remember they get an improved cover save and they strike 1st if charged in cover. Use them to counter charge any unit that assaults FW and remember a 20 strong unit in cover will make any opponent think twice about getting close thus controling their part of the field nicely.

2 The 2 Shas suits and 2 XV8's are great for flanking, your targeting 4 units a turn and with the weapon fits they have they can do a lot of damage, they split fire nicely and distract units beautifully.
    Stealths are great at flanking and with the drone squad can really decimate a unit thats been popped from its transport, do not underestimate their usefulness as an objective taker as well.

3 Use the HH with railguns primarily as troop destroyers and let the XV8 suits target armour, the Ion is ok at taking Monstous creatures etc (me I would take 3 railguns but thats just my personel preference) but if you do take the Ion make sure you use the HH movement to get to the lighter armour of tanks.

None of the above is meant as a criticism, its my observations regarding certain units especially the XV8 teams, tourny play is very different to friendly play and I can se weaknesses that will be exploited by experienced palyers, notibly the weak Kroot team, the Aux units and the XV8 teams, if you address these you will have a much better experience. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Rikimaru; October 30th, 2005 at 20:58.

+ Reply to Thread