[1500] Saim Hann list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

[1500] Saim Hann list

HQ, [128]
    Farseer(IC): Jetbike, Runes of Witnessing, Ghosthelm, Guide, Singing Spear.

Elites, [189]
    6 Swooping Hawks: Grenade Pack, Swooping Hawk Wings, Lasblaster, Plasma Grenades,
    Exarch: Sustained Assault, Grenade Pack, Swooping Hawk Wings, Power Weapon, Lasblaster, Plasma Grenades

Troops, [74]
    Guardian Storm Squad: Shuriken Pistol & CCW (x3), Flamer (x2).
    Warlock: Destructor, CC Weapon (x2).
    Wave Serpent, [165]: Crystal Targetting Matrix, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Linked Bright Lances.

[46], Guardian Storm Squad: Shuriken Pistol & CCW (x3), Flamer (x2).
    [165], Wave Serpent: Crystal Targetting Matrix, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Linked Bright Lance.

FA, [195]
    2 Shining Spears: Laser Lance, Linked Shuriken Catapults.
    Exarch: Linked Shuriken Catapults, Bright Lance, Jetbike.

[75] Vyper Squadron: Shuriken Cannon Upgrade (x1), Scatter Laser (x1).

[65] Vyper Squadron: Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1), Star Cannon (x1).

HS, [190]
    Falcon Grav-Tank: Holo-Field, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Star Cannon, Pulse Laser.

Comments and thoughts are welcome, this list is made under heavy boredom by the way.

Last edited by Nagato; October 31st, 2005 at 14:44.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Hey Nagato, nice to see you delving outside the warp for a bit :tongue: Your list needs a couple of tweaks.. lets have a look:

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato
    HQ, [128]
    The farseer himself is fine, but what is his purpose? You only seem to have multi-shot weapons in your list, and they don´t need guide. On the other hand, he is a high priority target, and will get shot at a lot if you intend to use that there singing spear of yours. I reccomend that you get fortune for him instead of guide, so that he will live long enough to actually use his weapon.

Elites, [189]
    6 Swooping Hawks: Grenade Pack, Swooping Hawk Wings, Lasblaster, Plasma Grenades,
    Exarch: Sustained Assault, Grenade Pack, Swooping Hawk Wings, Power Weapon, Lasblaster, Plasma Grenades
    Worthless squad. Totally. The exarch is good in his own right, but the hawks themselves never do anything. If really like swooping hawks, I would reccomend you to get barroth instead of an actual squad of them.. they are a terrible waste. Especially in a saim-hann army, where you only have one elite squad, you will want to buy something useful.

Troops, [74]
    Wave Serpent, [165]: Crystal Targetting Matrix, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Linked Bright Lances.

[165], Wave Serpent: Crystal Targetting Matrix, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Linked Bright Lance.
    Guardians are an utter waste of wave serpents.. In fact I dont like them at all. I would drop both squads, and ad more vypers, and perhaps get two jetbike warlocks to follow your farseer around. You might want to keep one of the serpents though, and use it to transport either striking scorpions or howling banshees in. Furthermore, you dont want a CTM on your serpents, as there is no going back in cover with them, they need ster engines instead.

FA, [195]
    No. Again, this squad is worthless. They will never do you any good aganst anything. Drop them.

Dont take scatterlasers, they are crap. If you go for marines, take starcannons, and if you go for anything else, take 2x shuriken cannons. Scatterlasers has no purpose in this world.

I love em.

HS, [190]
    Falcon Grav-Tank: Holo-Field, Spirit Stone, Linked Shuriken Catapults, Star Cannon, Pulse Laser.
    Perfect.

Comments and thoughts are welcome, this list is made under heavy boredom by the way.
    You need more vypers, 6 is not enough in 1500 points. Also, only take vypers for your FA, its the only fieldworthy FA choice we have. I hope it helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

HQ, [128]
    As Farseer Sareld has already pointed out, the Farseer seems to have no rear purpose. I wouldn't suggest Fortune however, I'd suggest Mind War. This way you can use the Farseer as an Assassin, taking out exposed Tanks, Heavy/Special weapon troopers, squad leaders and other assorted models within units (Imperial Guard Vox Casters, for instance).

Elites, [189]
    Saim-Hann as inherent anti-infantry firepower because of Jetbikes and the general organisation of the list. This means unless you know you're fighting light-infantry specifically then I'd remove the Hawks in favour of something which rounds your list a bit more.

Generally speaking, dedicated Transports are wasted on small "suicide" units like these ones, and it's probably better to invest your points elsewhere. As with the Hawks you already have inherent anti-infantry firepower, so it would also round out your list more to spend points elsewhere. If you'd like to keep one of the squads, it may be an idea to put it in the Falcon.

Same as the aforementioned really, unless you have a specific use for them in mind then it's probably better to get rid of them in favour of a unit which is more effective on the whole.

A solid set of support units, these are all keepers. I disagree with Scatter Lasers, statistically they are the equal of Shuriken Cannons, except have +12" range. I think for just 5 points this is a nice investment. I wouldn't recommend both Shuriken Cannon and Scatter Laser though because then the different ranges means your wasting parts of one weapon or the other.

HS, [190]
    Nice support, ideal for dealing with Marines and the likes, also useful for delivring small support units (like Guardians) into battle.

Overall, the list seems geared to dealing with Imperial Guard and similar opponents, so if you're wanting a rounded list you'll have to alter a lot of it. It also seems to lack any sort of "main attack" unit - it looks like a whole collection of supporting units. With the points you can save on Swooping Hawks, Shining Spears and the Storm Guardans, I'd recommend investing in Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent and Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent. If you have points left over after that try and get some Jetbikes in there.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Ok, Drop the Shining Spears completely, with those points replace the guardians with squads of 10 dire avengers, they are not a waste of the transport and actually work very well when transported, a sqaud of 10 will typically kill and entire guardsmen squad per shooting phase.

Drop the scatter lasers on the vypers and upgrade those shurican catapults to shuriken cannons, this is only for the scatter laser ones though.

The swooping hawks, although cool, are pretty much useless, and you should drop them. You probably won't be able to actually replace them as you'll need the points for those shuriken cannons upgrades and to pay for those super cool dire avengers.

You'd probably want to drop the crystal targetting matrixs on your serpents as its too expensive an upgrade, esspecially when you want to get those avengers into shuriken catapult range.

Sorry, I may post more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Oh dear, it looks rather like yuou got a bit of a kicking, let see what we can do!

First question, it this an army for fun or are you serious? - Personnaly I play Saim hann for enjoyment, although they have not been beaten, this is more to do with tactics and my opponents inexperiance than anything else. It is possible to go all out power game for Saim Hann- simply overload the vypers, but you dont seem to be going down that route. The other thing people commonly do that is iffy is effectively turn Saim Hann into a vanilla Eldar list that has a lot of skimmers, you seem a little inclined that way, but lets see:

HQ, [128]
    OK as Sareld said - what is the purpose of this guy?
    minis in a Saim Hann army are expoensive, so you need to have a purpose..
    Personnaly my first choice for HQ is a wild rider chief with a power weapon and shuriken cannon upgrade, in 1500 points I am starting to think about some kinsmen too, the increased number of shuriken cannon, plus the family banner means this unit can deal out deadly shooting for a couple of turns followed by a pretty nasty charge, just dont charge anything you havent already shot up.
    Farseers tend to be rather at a loss for how to use them in Saim hann- if you have a wild rider and kin, you can have the farseer with fortune follow them around to get extra survivability. mind war would be the ability of choice for me for a farseer on a bike, sure it has a short range, but if he can get close he can take out characters, bit risky though

Elites, [189]
    Now here is an interesting one, I love the hawk minis and I quite often take them in Saim Hann, but the only way to get any value for hawks it, as published in one of the WDs this year, take 5, take an exarch, give him sustained assault, web of skulls and a shuriken pistol, the squad becomes abaltive armour for the exarch (commonly refered to as an exarch delivery system). This approach tends to stick in the craw for a dieng race, but it is the only way to make your single eliote slot effective if you want to take hawks.

Troops, [74]
    spect this is what you have in mind, use the serpent as a tank hunter, deploy the squad seperatley. in this case:
    Give the warlock enhance, destructor is probably not going to give you much, or conceal to increase your survivability. I would be tempted to switch the flamer for fusion, it will take out marines and scare the hell out of his transports and tanks
    Serpent- you have over spent, ditch the CTM

As above, ditching both CTMs will allow you to get a second warlock and possibly add more boddies

FA, [195]
    The bright lance trick? for me this is just too expensive for a single BL
    I would ditch the squad

Bikes? hello bikes??? OK sarcasm got the better of me for a moment. personnaly I always take more bikes than vypers, otherwise it smacks of powergaming, but that is personnal.
    Scatter lasers are a waste, use star cannon with shurioken catapult upgrades
    HS, [190]
    in 1500 points I would have upgraded the TL shurikats to a shuri cannon

+ Reply to Thread