[750] Tyranids - Friendly campaign list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[750] Tyranids - Friendly campaign list

HQ:
    3 Warriors 118pts
    3x Scything talons
    3x Enhanced senses
    3x Extended carapace
    3x Toxin Sacs
    2x Deathspitters
    1x Venomcannon

Elite:
    Lictor 80pts

Troops:
    8 Genestealers 160pts
    Extended carapace

15 Spinegaunts 75pts
    spinefists

14 Hormagaunts 140pts

Heavy: 178pts
    Carnifex
    Enhanced senses
    Bonded exoskeleton
    Reinforced chitin
    Venom cannon
    Twinlinked deathspitters

This army is for a small campaign, with rules similar to 40k in a flash, but adapted to the armies involved (Tyranid, Imperial Guard, Tau, Dark Eldar, World Eater and Vanilla Space Marines).
    The battleplan is simple, the warriors advance in a horde of gaunts, taking out light vehicles in the process, spine gaunts at the front to take most of the shooting. The lictor is gonna try to prevent incomming fire and the genestealers are there to attract fire and, if I'm lucky, kill any nasty cc monsters. The carnifex has 2 roles, firemagnet and firesupport, the beast is my main antitank ('stealers and warriors are backup) and because of the size of the model, he should attract lots of fire, hence the T7 and W5.

The only thing I really lack is synapse, a couple of Zoantropes would have been good, but I just cant give up the Lictor, not against Tau and Imperial Guard.

*typos*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks alright. The fex is a big points sink. If you were willing to drop it, then maybe a another brood of 3 warriors with ST, RC, leaping and EC, should do well in it's place, leaving you some more points, maybe for a zoanthrope with warp blast and synapse. The new cc warrios would act as close synapse and great anit-troop and ant-tank with the rending. The lictor should be able to take care of a tank if your opponent doesn't deploy it well. Ohter then that it seems alright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should probably have posted that I have bought the Battleforce box (3 warriors, 1 fex, 16 gaunts, 8 stealers), and to actually end up with 750pts, I'm using everything but the ripper swarms, and as you can see, I'm buying an aditional box of gaunts and a lictor.

I have enough founds to purchace a blister (lictor/zoanthrope/ravener/biovore/broodlord) and a box (warriors/ gaunts/stealers/fex).

Other than to get enough points, I'm also reluctant to let the fex go, because I know I will be facing 2 khorne dreadnoughts, 1 leman russ (and at least 1 chimera) and a Hammerhead, ohh, and an armada of DE raiders.

A variant of the list boosts the number of spinegaunts to 16 and the hormagaunts to 15 and has a Warp blast/Synapse Zoanthrope instead of the Lictor.

Did I miss any doable (in pts and $) variants that will work against the opponents I've mentioned above?

+ Reply to Thread