{1500} point Tyranid List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

{1500} point Tyranid List

1500 POINT TYRANIDS}}

Hive Tyrant 171 points
    Barbed Strangeler,Bone Sword and Lash Whip, Extended Carapace, Shadow in the Warp, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Acid Maw

ELITE}}

Tyranid Warrior Brood 128 Points
    4 Warriors With Rending Claws, Scything Talons,Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Extended Carapace

Tyranid Warrior Brood 115 points
    5 Warriors with Devourers and Scything Talons

Carnifex Screamer Killer 113 points
    Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Bio-plasma, Scything Talons, Scything Talons

TROOPS}}

Spine Gaunt Brood 80 points
    10x Without Number, SpineFists

Hormagaunt Brood 192 points
    16x Toxin Sacs

Ripper Swarm 84 points
    6 bases with Leaping

GeneStealer Brood 190 points
    10 Genestealers with Scuttlers

FAST ATTACK}}

Ravener Brood 200 points
    5 Raveners with Scything Talons and Rending Claws

HEAVY SUPPORT}}

Last edited by bonjordo; November 21st, 2005 at 06:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by bonjordo
    1500 POINT TYRANIDS}}

Hive Tyrant 171 points
    Barbed Strangeler, Extended Carapace, Shadow in the Warp, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Acid Maw
    You need to take two weapons for a hive tyrant. Also, why the AG-WS and Acid Maw with a barbed strangler? Giving CC biomorphs to a shooty tyrant is a waste of points. If you're going shooty, also give it enhanced senses. Consider Catalyst instead of shadow in the warp for cheap frag grenades to any one unit in 24".

ELITE}}

4 Warriors With Rending Claws, Scything Talons,Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Extended Carapace
    AG-I is much better than AG-WS against MEQ armies by tons. These also need leaping, as they're too slow at the moment with just a 6" move and 6" charge range. Consider dropping toxin sacs if you need the points elsewhere, as what you're really going for is rending.

No enhanced senses? Hitting on 5+ is bad. Also, you'll want Extended Carapace on these guys, since they'll most likely be seeing return fire from within 18" (ie, bolter range). Probably Toxin Sacs, too.

An assault oriented fex is just too slow. Moving at 6" with just a 6" charge range will not make it into assault range until turn 4 or so, at which point your opponent can just move out of the way and you won't be able to catch their units.

TROOPS}}

Without number is just extra victory points for your opponent.

Hormagaunt Brood 192 points
    16x Toxin Sacs
    Hormagaunts are already a bit over priced at 10 points per, making them 12 points per with toxin sacs will never see them return their cost. Additionally, these guys are going to way outpace your synapse creatures. So what will happen is that you'll move them up 6", fleet D6", charge 12" out of synapse range... most likely lose combat and get broken. And at I-4, possibly overrun by a sweeping advance and destroyed.

You'll need faster synapse (or infiltrating broodlord) if you want a hormagaunt unit on the board.

Ripper Swarm 84 points
    6 bases with Leaping
    Never used rippers before, so can't really comment on these guys.

GeneStealer Brood 190 points
    10 Genestealers with Scuttlers
    These need extended carapace. I'd also drop scuttle, as that would simply put them in front of your gaunts losing the priority check to shoot them.

FAST ATTACK}}

Ravener Brood 200 points
    5 raveners with ST+RC can be very deadly... just make sure you watch your movement to avoid enemy fire and these should do well.

HEAVY SUPPORT}}

See the above not about the elite fex. These are just too slow, they'll never see combat.

Then just some general comments: you have no real anti-armor. Your only shooting at the moment is the tyrant's Str-5 strangler shot and the Str-3 devourer shots from warriors. Skimmers and tanks will be a serious problem.

You also don't have any fast synapse units. Your gaunts will easily outpace your walking tyrant and warriors, and will get broken in their first round of assault... meaning they will either get overrun or simply just run back to the synapse creatures if they escape (and subsequently not tie units in assault).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

I really like acid maw on the Tyrant myself. My walking Tyrant (venom cannon and twin-linked devourer), with guard, always seems to get into H2H in the last turn or two. What he is fighting is usually a tough unit, so giving him the ability to mix it up in melee has meant a lot.

Now, I firmly believe that Carnifexes do a decent job at mixing CC and shooting. Mine usually look like this:

#1: Venom cannon and barbed strangler
    #2: Barbed strangler and twin-linked devourers (and a number of CC morphs, including mace tail)
    #3: Venom cannon and crushing claws (he usually does not appear in 1500 point games)

I have done something amazing with a true all-CC Carnifex with two sets of scything talons. He had all the nasty H2H upgrades except acid maw, along with many of the defensive ones. I think he was 231 points. One game he wiped out a huge squad of Death Guard and the Marine Lord with retinue that tried to stop him. When the game ended, he had killed everything within 12" of the objective and was standing on top of it. When they work, they really work. However, that game I still had two other Carnifexes that were made for shooting.

I am a firm believer that warriors should always have rending claws. Always. If you want them shooty, fine, but the second weapon should be rending claws. I also believe in leaping, because it helps you avoid being caught in rapid fire range.

Initiative is almost always a good upgrade. I fight a lot of I4 and some I5 armies. Not such a big deal if you are looking at Tau, IG, or such for your opponents.

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Good points Moob.
    heres a Revised List.

1500 POINT TYRANIDS}}

Hive Tyrant 171 points
    Barbed Strangeler,Bone Sword and Lash Whip, Extended Carapace, Shadow in the Warp, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (+1 WS), Acid Maw

ELITE}}

TROOPS}}

Spine Gaunt Brood 50 points
    10x SpineFists

10x SpineFists

10x SpineFists

Ripper Swarm 112 points
    8 bases with Leaping

GeneStealer Brood 200 points
    10 Genestealers with Extended Carapace

GeneStealer Brood 200 points
    10 Genestealers with Extended Carapace

FAST ATTACK}}

Ravener Brood 200 points

HEAVY SUPPORT}}

Zoanthrope Brood 110 points
    2x Warp Blast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Tyrant 171 points
    A new trend which I'm seeing is a Tyrant with enhanced senses and 2 twin linked devourers, supported by at least 2 tyrant gaurds. Although it has a very short range, it provides 12 re-rolable "to hits", and re-rolable "to wound" rolls (living amunition) I've seen this monster take out whole space marine squads in one turn... its just mean :-)

Ripper Swarm 112 points
    8 bases with Leaping
    Drop the rippers, although very fluffy, they die too quickly and don't accomplish much.
    For the same points you can have 22 more spine gaunts, or 11 Homogaunts that can statisticly tie up units by turn 2.

Ravener Brood 200 points
    I really like raveners, but they are a bit expensive. Considder more warriors because you can do with more synaps creatures for your gaunts.

Otherwise It looks like a fun list, a lot to paint, but a fun list none the less :-)

I
    ----------------------------
    "Sir! We're completely surrounded!"
    "Brilliant! Shoot anywhere you want!"

+ Reply to Thread