Librarium Online Forums banner

[1500] Orks. the Horde of Shoota Man

571 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lloyba 
#1 · (Edited)
Well heres a list, and some info on the army 1st.

Shoota man, the sadistic, gun obbessed Warlord, likes to shoot things. So much in fact that he shoots lots of things. all the time. He suffers from a chronic case of SYGIYS-itis (shootingyourguninyoursleep-itis).

Known for his love of shooting things, and his ability to kill stuff, Like minded Orks everywhere on his home planet of Zoltania (a particulary ork infested world) set out to find the messasiah of guns.

Shoota Mans real name is not known. What is known is that he likes guns.
His Hobbies include; Guns & Chess (which always ends in him shooting his opponent)

Orkz 1500 points
(1489 points)
HQ:

Ork Warboss Shoota Man 125
Power Claw, Big Shoota, Bionik Bonce, Bionik Arm, 'Eavy Armour

Joined by Shoota Man's Guard
Shoota Man's guard 257 points
5 Shoota Guards with Rokkit Launchas, Choppas and 'eavy Armour
MekBoy Grabba with Kustom Forcefield and Choppa
In Trukk with Rokkit Launcha

TROOPZ:

Shoota Boyz 208 points
Nob with Choppa and Big Shoota
3 Shoota Boyz with Big Shootas
16 Shoota Boyz with Shootas

Shoota Boyz 208 points
Nob with Choppa and Big Shoota
3 Shoota Boyz with Big Shootas

Shoota Boyz 195 points
Nob with Choppa and Rokkit Launcha
3 Shoota Boyz with Rokkit Launchas

Shoota Boyz 195 points
Nob with Choppa and Rokkit Launcha
3 Shoota Boyz with Rokkit Launchas

FAST ATTACK:

Warbike Squadron 150 points
5 warbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Looted Basilisk 125 points
Indirect fire

Models: 94
Big Shootas: 14
Rokkit Launchas: 13
Total Shots fired Per Turn=121 (65 shootas shots, 42 big shoota shots, 13 rokkits and 1 battle cannon)

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome shooty list Man. You have 20 shoota boyz in each squad right? You could even play Bad Moon with your list. Just a couple of comments.
1. I would switch the Leman Russ to a bassie with indirect. That is because the looted vehicle is your best MEQ killer and I think it would be better if it hid.
2. Drop 4 shoota boyz in each squad to get 2 squads of 14 grots with a slaver with rokkit and hound.
3. With the extra points give your bike squad another man, it is always better to have even numbers. now you have 108 models
Good luck shoota man.

#4 ·
I hear what you are saying about grots being too weedy and damn straight the bassie rules. If you did not notice you have 37 extra points. What i recommend is that you split the Bike squads into 2 squads of 3 for more coverage on your cover save. Also put a super stikkbomb on the mekboy just incase your warboss can not roll 4s for armor penetration against leman Russes and Land Raiders. Orks can be da shootiest and are da best always:w00t: :w00t: .

#5 ·
i'd say that grots would be really useful to a list of this type, but it's your choice. i for one believe that grots are the footslogger ork's best friend...the cover save and general cheapness of grots is a good deal though....

the list is very shooty, but i'm not that sure about the retinue, they are very pricey for what is ultimately their goal. imho a unit of tankbustas with 4 rokkits (nob + 3 basic) would be able to fill that goal a bit better, though the speed of the trukk is nevertheless a good asset for the retinue. but with the points from the retinue you could invest in a mob of grots and those tankbustas, giving you some more mass and some protection for your troops.

but anyways, this is just my personal take on this list. it looks very shooty though and that is probably your goal with this list. good luck with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.