[750] Necrons for friendly games.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    2 (x1)

[750] Necrons for friendly games..

I was thinking of fielding:

Necron Lord w. Rez orb ( 140 )

10 Warriors ( 180 )
    10 Warriors ( 180 )

5 Immortals ( 140 )

#Fast Attack
    4 scarab swarms ( 48 )
    4 scarab swarms ( 60 )

Total ( 748 )
    Total necrons 26
    Phaseout @ 6

I'll mainly be facing Tau, Orks and SM (salamanders, whitescars). Maybe tyranids.
    Tau will be having at least 1 Railhead. On top of that there will be 3-4 jumpy suits with rockets and plasma and a load of firewarriors. Plus those nasty drones..
    I figured my 2 squads of scarabs will draw a lot of fire charging towards suits and/or FWs.
    That will buy some time for my warriors and immortals to march up the board.

The Orks could be fielding anything.. I once faced a hoard of 2x30(!) gretchins. Once in CC, their slaver w. powerclaw ate my warriors.. Nasty. The scarabs will act as I a speedbump. Hopefully I can decimate their numbers enough to deal with them in CC..

Whitescars will field a lot of bikers, and I'm not sure how to deal with this.. They be fast, and wields powerweapons/fists.. scarabs get to be speedbumps again.

Salamanders will most likely have a landraider and lots of meltas.. The meltas I fear,
    the landraider I do not Anyway, pretty straight forward. Tie up any devestators with the scarabs until I'm ready to deal with them.

Always keep the rez orb close to the warriors. Now, comments/oppinions?

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

How about using some destroyers? A heavy maybe? The problem is a 750 game is such a small about for us that its hard to decide what to use. I think more warriors would be useful, take out the immortals if you can, the more warriors the better for a game this sixe as phase out will be a very easy target for your enemies to reach.
    You Have Problems? I Had Bullet Lag Until I Was 17!

+ Reply to Thread