need suggestions/help with 1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need suggestions/help with 1000 pts

My eldar codex was ruined by my dogs and I am kind of new to the Eldar race. I played with them in about 6 games. I do have a Space Marine army so I know the wayof the game. I would say I have used Rangers, D-cannons, Starcannons, guardians, warp spiders, fire dragons, Avatar, Faseer, Vypers, and warlocks. I don't have that much experience with them yet. Could you please, if you have the time, help me with the point values.
    This is as far as I have gotten with my 1000 pts army. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful. I will be going agaisnt my friend who is playing Space Marines. He like to use his Land Rader Crusader and Lidrarian with the council and Techmarine. He alo likes hiw troops well armed with tons of upgrades amginable. So please help me come up with something to kick his butt!

HQ
    Farseer-Mind war, Guide, Fortune
    Warlock-Embolden
    Warlock-Enhance
    Warlock-Augment

Troops
    Guardians-20x (160)
    Guardians-20x (160)

Elites
    Warp Spiders-6x
    Warp Spider Exarch-

Fast Attack
    Vyper-Scatter Laser, Crystal Targeting Matrix
    Vyper-Scater Laser, Crystal Targeting Matrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Firstly not sur what you mean by help you with points values, be careful cos giving points values breaks GW copyrights, now as to the army:

Your friend looks like he likes toys for the boys - that is great for Eldar, but you really need to revamp what you have:

HQ
    Farseer-Mind war, Guide, Fortune
    no, dont waste multiple powers on a farseer, and hgive him some wargear, withc blade or singing spear. You need to decide how you want to use him clasically this is one of 3 ways -
    Augmenting other units by himself(with guide or fortune)
    With a retinue in clode combat (give him shuriken pistol and witchblade and fortune
    With a retinue as a mind war killer

Warlock-Embolden
    Warlock-Enhance
    Warlock-Augment
    How you use these is governed by how you use your farseer, but you probably want to give them some wargear and droip a couple into guardian squads.
    Augment is Ulthwe only - not codex eldar, if you wnat to use Ulthwe then you need to have an ulthwe army, which you dont

Troops
    Guardians-20x (160)
    Guardians-20x (160)
    OK both squads need a warlock with conceal to keep them alive, but actually I would split this lot into atleast 4 squads and add weapons platforms (star cannons probably)

Elites
    Warp Spiders-6x
    Warp Spider Exarch-
    not my cup of tea but fine

Fast Attack
    Vyper-Scatter Laser, Crystal Targeting Matrix
    Vyper-Scater Laser, Crystal Targeting Matrix
    No - scatter lasers are pants, CTMs on vypers are a waste of points, vypers should have star cannons (and in eceptional circumstances Bright lances/EML) and have o wargear.

You lack anything capable of taking out armour

What I would do..

Take the farseer, give him guide.

take 3-4 squads of guardians (6-10) W a warlock with conceal and a weapons platform (star cannons)

keep your spiders,

Add a wraithlord with a bright lance

Add a Falcon W a star cannon, a holo field and spirit stones

IF you got points left, take vypers W star cannons
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, that helps me a lot! I will think on that than.

+ Reply to Thread