adaptations and hounds and ox - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

adaptations and hounds and ox

Well gw in their exelent rules wording they are so famous for have gotten me confused on something.

In the special rules section, under the title Kroot Hounds and Krootox, it says Both Kroot Hounds and Krootox gain the benifit of the adaptations and rules of the parent unit.

sounds fine, but then, at the same hieght on the page, just one collumn over it says this in the last sentance of the Signature Evolutionary Adaptations paragraph:

Krootox and Kroot Hounds do not benifit from these signature adaptations.

So does this mean that hounds and ox only benifit from the adaptations presented in the units special rules like hyperactive nymune organ, and if I have ork hybrids my hounds are still t3. And that example brings to the table the ox's rules that it is counted as t3 for insta kill purposes. Shouldn't that become t4? Why would the riders of the ox be excluded from the rest of the army when the shapers hand out the new genes, so to speak?

Also, are the kroot merc army lists the same in CA 03 and 04?

If any one can clear this up, that'd be great.

Last edited by ShadowZora13; December 6th, 2005 at 02:26.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

It would be safe to say that it means that Krootox/Hounds gain the benefits of things like the hyperactive nymune organ, and not the signature adaptations. It clearly states that they don't gain the advantages of the signature adaptations, so I'd roll with that one (safest way to do it), no matter how muddy GW's wording gets.

There are lots of things that should and shouldn't be - just try not to think too logically and try to follow the wording in the rules as well as you can. Thinking logically in Warhammer usually leads you to being wrong, as sad as that sounds.

I don't know if the lists are the same in CA '03 and '04, but you can find the most recent list for download as a .pdf file on the GW website, link here.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

krootoxes and hounds don't gets the signature adaptions but they gets all the induvidual team adaptions like hyperactive organ and so on
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the hounds and the ox's are ment to be a "neutral" unit in the army.

so that means that you have to allocate attacks on the (ex T4 models in the unit, or the special save ones...

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

wow some one finally replied, lol...

Yea thats what i thought about all of that. Though the rules for the Ox say that 6(3) represents the rider on top, and if you use the ork hybrid option.....what ever, I don't even use Krootox anyways...haha. Stupid GW and their retarded rule wordings...

I think the one on the website is the same as '03, which I have, but don't quote me on that, as I haven't gone and cross referenced them for changes. But the web one does have page references for minor psyker powers that lines up with the '03 CA

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

+ Reply to Thread