1000pts speed freeks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts speed freeks

okay here is a all round list that i have been makeing, i want to know what people think of the list and what changes need to be made.i'll be getting most of this stuff for X-mas so i can change a fair bit of it if needed.

115 pts Warboss: power klaw, choppa, evy armour, bio bounce, cybork body
    Wartruck: Force Field, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates

229 pts 9 Ard boyz: 3 burnas, slugga, choppa
    + Nob:power klaw, choppa
    Wartruck: Same as above

184pts 9 Burna boyz:4 bunas
    Mek: KFF

192 pts 9 Tankbustas:3 rokits
    Nob:rokit

50 pts Warbuggy: :Twin liked rokits, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates

180 pts Demolisher:3 heavy bolters, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates

What do people think????

TAU suck, Blood angels rule

Gameing Records
    blood angels
    8/2/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by pencils are cool
    okay here is a all round list that i have been makeing, i want to know what people think of the list and what changes need to be made.i'll be getting most of this stuff for X-mas so i can change a fair bit of it if needed.

115 pts Warboss: power klaw, choppa, evy armour, bio bounce, cybork body
    Wartruck: Force Field, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates
    good, but some advice, don't have the Warboss init, use it to catch fleeing boys
    229 pts 9 Ard boyz: 3 burnas, slugga, choppa
    + Nob:power klaw, choppa
    take the forcefield of this trukk, you want to be a speed freek also take off a boy and have the warboss ride with them. then give the boy a tankbusta bomb
    184pts 9 Burna boyz:4 bunas
    Mek: KFF
    as i said drop the force field, also with the points you save get a super stikkbomb for your mek, it is nasty
    192 pts 9 Tankbustas:3 rokits
    Nob:rokit
    nice but i still don't like forcefield on them
    50 pts Warbuggy: :Twin liked rokits, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates
    good
    180 pts Demolisher:3 heavy bolters, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job, Armour plates
    make this a battle tank, you want the range of the weapon

What do people think????
    Very nice list, make sure all your trukks have rokkits, cheap and effective. also try an armoured top instead of red paint job on your buggy, good luck
    Last edited by Orkimedes41792; December 9th, 2005 at 20:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I have experienced, read and understand based on the rules of the game, tankbustas really dont do the job of tank hunting as well as warbuggies or wartrakks rigged with twin-linked rokkits launchas. Warbuggies/trakks are more cost effective. They should be your armies tankbustas. With grot riggers, armour plates and twinlinked rokkits they come to only 47 points a pop, which they'll earn back easily. you wont need to worry too much about them and you'll be able to provide some cover for your precious wartrukks. This I believe is what your army list is lacking. You could have 4 warbuggies/traks in the place of your tankbusta squad with trukk. thats potentially 8 rokkit shots, although id hope you would outfit at least 1 or 2 of those with twin-linked big shootas as they can tear up infantry quite nicely. whats even nicer is that they rarely get shot at as your opponent is most often targeting your wartrukks, so be bold with them. Happy huntins.

Edit: I find its easier to use warbuggies and wartraks when they're on their own. this way you dont need to worry about formation and whooat not.
    Last edited by Bos'n; December 11th, 2005 at 07:52.
    Where's the trukk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Actually 4 wartraks/buggies with rokkit launchas have only 4 shots, their twin linked which means you get to re-roll to hit. I do agree that your trukks should not be tank hunting with rokkit launchas as they only get 1 shot to try to hit, and they are too valuable to speed freaks. having buggies/trakks zooming around trying to get to back armor shots is so valuable to freaks. being able to move 12 (13 red paint) and shoot 24 with a twin-linked weapon that's str 8 is wonderful.

while tankbustas are good due to their armor pentration addition, they are significantly more expensive since you'll probably be looking at 3/4 rokkit launchas. a squad of 5 with a trukk is a huge points difference from 1 buggy with a TL rokkit that can do the same thing.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread