(1,600) "speed/rend" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1,600) "speed/rend"

I have recently got together a list for a 1,600 "SPEED/REND" army, and I want to know what you think of it. Tell me if its good or if its bad, what you like and/or don't like about it, and how you would play it.

HQ:
    3 warriors; leaping/carapace/talons/claws. 105pts
    3 warriors; leaping/carapace/talons/claws. 105pts

ELITE:
    Lictor;talons/claws/flesh hooks. 80pts

TROOPS:
    6 genestealers;carapace/scuttlers. 138pts
    6 genestealers;carapace/scuttlers. 138pts
    16 gaunts;fleshborers/scuttlers. 128pts
    16 gaunts;fleshborers/scuttlers. 128pts
    10 hormagaunts;toxin sacs. 120pts
    9 hormagaunts;toxin sacs. 108pts

FAST ATTACK:
    3 warriors;wings/talons/claws. 114pts
    3 warriors;wings/talons/claws. 114pts
    3 raveners;talons/claws. 120pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Carnifex "Tank Busta"
    with...
    enhanced senses/extended carapace/venom cannon/barbed strangler/mace tail/reinforced chitin/bonded exoskeleton. 203pts!!!

The plan is to deploy heavily on one side, making sure my opponent places their heavy hitters there. I will then deep strike a lot of my army onto my "neglected" flank and take them by surprise. My army lacked a lot of heavy hitting power so I went for the ultimate muther of all tank-busters- the carnifex. I loaded him up so that he survives long enough to take out all of the tanks, if not just seriously damage them. I think the mace tail is a steal, it has the same effect as talons for 3pts less and it can be taken with two guns. Pretty nifty, eh?

Last edited by Tyranidude; December 11th, 2005 at 22:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranidude
    Me Wanna Know What You Thinkee.
    I think you need to read the rules of our forums. I was tempted to just lock this thread. In the future, I suggest you take a moment to read our few simple rules for posting threads in case you find a moderator not quite so charitable as I am.

Otherwise, I think the list is okay, but it lacks meat. I think you're trying to rely upon rending a bit too much. And while I think you're idea for the Carnifex is good in theory, I don't think you'll find it good in practice. All you're really doing is pulling away points that could be better spend elsewhere.

Why do you have Scuttlers on the Genestealers? When you have Gaunts in the list, you don't want them moving ahead of them. The gaunts need to in front of the Genes in order to absorb fire. As for the Hormies, I think you'll find you're better off using the two Adrenal Gland upgrades rather than Toxin Sacs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks alot like my speedy team except on a smaller scale it looks pretty good except i dont bother with raveners much prefer another group of winged warriors. the gaunts are fine and so are the warriors tyrant looks good but i wouldnt bother with the carnifex either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to try out the raveners and see if they are any good. I think that relying on rending a bit is good because it means that that power armour doesn't pose as large a problem. I am putting scuttlers on the gaunts because their weapons are short-range and because I want my genestealers to get to combat as quickly as possible and not get shot up, so I present another, cheaper target to my opponent that looks reasonably intimidating.
    And also because I just realised you could put scuttlers on gaunts and wanted to try it out.
    How do you represent scuttlers on a model? There seems to be no biomorph presented, and the rules state that all upgrades must be shown on the model... any ideas?
    I'm hoping that the Carnifex, with all of its scarty looking upgrades and large point value will also pull all of those nasty high-strength templates away from my precious middle-weight beasts, like the lictor, the warriors and the raveners. I originally didn't want to take a carnifex, just a fast hive tyrant, but it lacked the heavy firepower potential to get rid of my opponents tanks...

+ Reply to Thread