1500 pts vs Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts vs Eldar

Hi, I am trying to come up with a list for Cleanse, to counter Eldar with 3 Wraithlords, 5 waveserpents (2-3 with holo field + spirit stones), 3 guardian squads, a Banshee squad, and a Fire Dragon squad.

HQ:
    2 biomorphed Hive Tyrants each with:
    Venom cannon
    rending claws
    enhanced senses
    toxin sacs
    extended carapace

Troops:
    2 squads of 3 ripper bases

HS:
    3 squads of 9 biomorphed Warriors with:
    scything talons
    enhanced senses
    toxin sacs
    Venom Cannon

My intent is to tie-up the Wraithlords with the rippers whilst shooting down the Waveserpents with the Warriors and Tyrants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

You will never kill all the wave serpents with venom cannons. They can only glance and with the rerolls the Eldar get good luck with that. Your rippers will be killed before they ever get to the wraithlords and even if they do their dreadnought weapons will destroy them. With the number of wraithlords and wave serpents you're in serious trouble.

Rending is definitely the way to go with the wraithlords. A single unit of genestealers should be able to handle the wraithlords if they can get into CC. But you don't really have much against the wave serpents. As said before, even a Venom Cannon will have a hard time taking down one or two of them, but five is near impossible. His other troops aren't much of any worry.

Since he has no HQ I'm assuming you're playing some sort of house-rule game. If that's the case I would go a total Godzilla army to make it harder for him to kill you. Something like this:

(HQ) Tyrant - VC,Warp Field,Enhanced Senses (@150)
    (HQ) Tyrant - VC,Warp Field,Enhanced Senses (@150)
    (HVY) Fex - VC,BS,Enhanced Senses,2+ Save,+1 T (@200)
    (ELITE) Fex - 2xTV-Devs,Enhanced Senses (@115)

List Total: (@1250)

You may even be able to throw in a few squads of genestealers and this is a legal army. If you want legel and can't fit genestealers just use gaunts but the rending will help a ton.

With this build unless he brings a lot of starcannon and brightlances he'll have one hell of a time taking you out. I think this may be your only chance to beat his list. Good luck.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why warp field vs EC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Because EC only gives you an armor save of 2+ while Warp Field also gives an invulnerable save as well. Since he's playing against Eldar they'll most likely have a lot of AP 2+ weapons that will negate the normal 2+ armor save anyway. I typically don't upgrade my Tyrant and Fex armor save as I normally play against Eldar as well. I typically spend the points on more models, but since I am sggesting a godzilla army in this post adding a few more gaunts won't help much. So, you may as well pay a bit more for the invulnerable save.

Instead of upgrading the armor of the Heavy Fexes you could upgrade their toughness and/or wounds to make it more difficult to kill him. Against Eldar upgrading the toughness will typically help more than upgrading armor saves.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm..Lordcreampuff.... your Elite fexes are illegal .... they are 115 points and have to be 114 !!!

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by holo
    Umm..Lordcreampuff.... your Elite fexes are illegal .... they are 115 points and have to be 114 !!!

(ELITE) Fex - 2xTV-Devs,Enhanced Senses- should be 113, I think the "115" was just a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Waveserpants can't have holo fields. They come with another field which reduces the Str of weapons over 8 down to 8. Only Vipers, fire prisms (which are terrible) and Grav falcons can take holofields, and with 3 wraithlords he can't take grav falcons or fire prisms. Thus the #1 best weapon in the game to kill wave serpants is the VC on a tyrant. The str 8 won't be downgraded, you can only ever get glancing hits anyways if he is moving fast, and 3 shots goes a long way. Rather then taking warpfield, I would recomend tyrant guard. These guys load on lots of wounds for relativly cheap and they are actualy quite good in CC.

The best way to kill wraithlords with Nids is to use stealers on them. A decent size stealer squad will run through a wraithlord without slowing down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xrix1
    Waveserpants can't have holo fields. They come with another field which reduces the Str of weapons over 8 down to 8. Only Vipers, fire prisms (which are terrible) and Grav falcons can take holofields, and with 3 wraithlords he can't take grav falcons or fire prisms. Thus the #1 best weapon in the game to kill wave serpants is the VC on a tyrant. The str 8 won't be downgraded, you can only ever get glancing hits anyways if he is moving fast, and 3 shots goes a long way. Rather then taking warpfield, I would recomend tyrant guard. These guys load on lots of wounds for relativly cheap and they are actualy quite good in CC.

The best way to kill wraithlords with Nids is to use stealers on them. A decent size stealer squad will run through a wraithlord without slowing down.
    Xrix 1 is spot on, add to that his army looks a very tight fit into 1500 points
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread