1000 pt footslogger (first try) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt footslogger (first try)

This is my first attempt at an ork army. I have in the past played as eldar, SM, and imperial guard, but have 0 experience with ork (no one I know really plays ork either). So any feedback is appreciated.

HQ:
    Warboss: 'eavy armour, bionic bounce, powerclaw, choppa
    = 105 pts

Troops:

19 slugga boys: 3 big shootas
    +1 nob: powerclaw, slugga
    = 241 pts

19 slugga boys: 3 big shootas
    = 241 pts

19 slugga boys: 3 rokkit launchas
    = 233 pts

Heavy Support:

2 killa kans: big shootas
    = 90 pts

2 killa kans: rokkit launchas
    = 90 pts

Total = 1000 pts

For 1500 pts:

replace HQ with:
    Warboss: Mega armour
    + 5 nobs: Mega armour
    + trukk
    = 380 pts

add
    basilisk: indirect fire
    = 125 pts

add 1 more boy to a slugga mob
    and add 1 more kan to each squad

So my plan with the army is to stick the kans out in front of da boyz, and march down the barrels of my enemies, WAAAGH. Also I will use the mobility of my very point heavy command squad to bolster any particular weak posistions after deployment, or to take out masses and masses of space marines or imperial guard (in 1500 pt games).

As a side note, I realize that my 1500 pt command squad is really point heavy, and I could probably do better with a warboss in 'eavy armour, a paindoc and a bunch of cyborks, BUT I really like the mega armour models, and having a command squad that can dish out some series damage (and is somewhat tripped out armour/weapon wise) feels very orky to me.

Feedback on this army list would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Moogash; December 16th, 2005 at 06:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you have a solid army. I have killa kans and lotz of slugga boyz as well, and at 1000 points you can't go wrong with that combination. As for myself, I think that replacing one of the slugga boyz unit's big shootas with rokkit launchas. I can see mounted armies running rings around you, so with only 5 rokkits now you need to be able to take out vehicles. The number of power klaws is good too. You have enough to beat anyone in hand to hand. All in all I think this is a effective footslogger force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was considering switching one of the slugga boyz squads to a tank busta squad:
    9 boyz, 3 rokkit launchas
    1 nob, rokkit launcha
    mounted in a rhino w/ armour plates
    = 205 pts.

and with the extra 18 pts (if i remove the rokkit launcha squad) I could add 1 more boy to each other squad.

So my question is, does making this switch make sense? I feel like against an imperial guard army, a space marine army, a panzee army or a dark panzee army this could be very useful. Even against a space marine army that doesn't get vehicles, this could devastate their small tactical squads, but against tyranids or other vehicleless close combat armies this may just be a waste of points (especially against a tyranid player with all extended carapace monstrous creatures).

If I do choose to make this change, do I take out a big shoota squad or a rokkit launcha squad?

On the one hand geo ork makes a good point and I will have trouble against especially zoomy armies, so it might be a good idea to take out a big shoota squad (especially against mass chimeras, which big shootas can't damage from the front).

However on the other hand big shootas do a decent job taking out super lite zoomy things like rhinos and speeders, and my opponent shouldn't be able to take more than 1 super heavy tank (land raider/leman russ [actually I could easily see 2 lemans...]) in an 1000 point game, so hopefully my bustas will be able to do away with the super heavy tank. Furthermore, keeping the big shoota squad will benefit me WAY more against tyranid, and other swarm armies (orc anyone?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't believe you can put a warboss in mega armour in a trukk, other than that, looks like you're in shape to kick some major butt.

+ Reply to Thread