Tau 1500pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau 1500pts friendly

Hey was wondering if anyone fancied helpin me make a roster for beatin a thousand sons army. i have made a rough roster already but was just wanting some advice.

HQ
    Ethereal with 1 gun drone and one shield drone and drone controller 77pts

Heavy Support

1 Broadside with SMS and TL Railguns. Multi Tracker 75pts

Troops

3 squads of 12 fire warriors, bonded each with a shas'ui 420pts

2 squads of 16 kroot, with shaper and 6+ save 298pts

Elites

6 Stealth Suits Bonded 190pts

2 crisis with MP and PR and multi trackers, and a team leader with TL PR or MP (not sure) and a drone controller with 2 shield drones. 219pts

2 crisis with MP and PR and multi trackers, and a team leader with TL PR or MP (not sure) and a drone controller with 2 shield drones. 219pts

I have only fought chaos in a one on one once as there are is only one player in my club who's plays em an he's not around a lot. the last time i played him was with dark eldar but that was ages ago. Any advice would help. :cry:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Ah thousand sons, they are definetely tough.

I've had my own thousand sons problems. They dealt me my 10th loss.

Here's the thread I started about my problem: Tau vs Thousand Sons

It's from another message board.

After starting that thread, I gave the thousand sons another go, (Tough Battle 1000pts)here's the report.
    Last edited by onlainari; January 2nd, 2006 at 06:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFang
    Hey was wondering if anyone fancied helpin me make a roster for beatin a thousand sons army. i have made a rough roster already but was just wanting some advice.

HQ
    Ethereal with 1 gun drone and one shield drone and drone controller 77pts
    You cant mix drones its either/or gun or shield, any way why take an Ethereal anyway, drop him and the bonding on the Fire Warriors and take a Shas'O or El with Fusion / Plasma / Multi or Plasma / Missile Pod and Multi. He will be much more usefull than the little blue shot magnet.

Heavy Support

1 Broadside with SMS and TL Railguns. Multi Tracker 75pts
    Not very usefull I would drop him and a unit of Kroot and take a HH it will be much more usefull and survive a lot better than one BS.

Troops
    3 squads of 12 fire warriors, bonded each with a shas'ui 420pts
    Fine just lose the bonding if the thousand sons are close enough for you to need it your in trouble anyway.

2 squads of 16 kroot, with shaper and 6+ save 298pts
    You only need one team of 20 or 2 of 10. 32 is to many.

Elites

6 Stealth Suits Bonded 190pts

Now the Stealths are not much use against the Thousand Sons as most of them have two wounds and a 3+ save, one unit will not be able to inflict enough damage to the sons.
    What you need against the 1K Sons is low AP weaponry and as much Strength 8 as you can get, Missile pods are crap against sons take Plasma / FUSIONS and Multi trackers take teams of 3 and hit a unit with 6 Plasma shots and 3 Fusion shots and the 1K sons unit will die fast because they dont get a save and the Fusion insts kills them.
    So my changes to your list would be:
    HQ Shas,O with Pl/FU/MT 108pts
    2 teams of XV8's all with same as Shas'O 189 pts per team.
    3 x 12 FW with Shas'Ui 130 pts per team
    1 X 20 Kroot (or 2 x 10) 140pts
    2 X Hammerheads with Railguns, Burst Cannons and Multi trackers and decoys 165pts each.
    This is the core of the list, it offers lots of low AP weaponry and the HH will be usefull to take out armour and infantry (even with 3+ saves), the Kroot are enough to blunt any assaults and the 36 FW offer a strong firebase set them up as far back as possible and use the pulse rifles range, the Kroot should be near the FW and counter charge any unit that gets to the FW (dont instigate charges).
    The thousand sons are a slow army and the mobility of the XV8 suits and HH should tell against them allied with the low AP weapons.
    I would advise using the core as I have advised and tuning it to your preference.

I have only fought chaos in a one on one once as there are is only one player in my club who's plays em an he's not around a lot. the last time i played him was with dark eldar but that was ages ago. Any advice would help. :cry:
    Well 1K sons are not that hard they are slow, just keep out of their way and hit em with low AP, (this works against the lord of change as well) watch the sorcerers but they go down to Low AP as well.
    Let us know his list and we could help tune the list even further, but the list I advise will be a solid enough core as it stands, good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

You can mix drones with a hardwired drone controller, just not a drone controller hard point. Not that it's important in any way, rikimaru's got it right when he said you shouldn't bother with them at all on an ethereal.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread