1750 Iyanden (friendly & tourny versions) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Iyanden (friendly & tourny versions)

HQ
    Farseer w/ Singing Spear, Power: Guide, Power: Fortune, Spirit Stones
    148pts

80pts

Elites
    Death Jester w/ Brightlance, Phase Field
    72 pts

8x Howling Banshees
    Exarch w/ Excecutioner
    Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked Bright Lance
    290 pts

Troops
    5x Wraithguard
    Warlock w/ Singing Spear, Power: Conceal
    224pts

5x Wraithguard
    Iyanna Arienal
    375pts

Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance
    120pts

120pts

Heavy support
    Falcon
    Starcannon, Holofield
    180 pts

Fire Prism
    Holofield
    140 pts

----------------------------------------------
    HQ
    Farseer w/ Singing Spear, Power: Guide, Power: Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing
    148pts

Elites
    8X Scorpions
    Exarch w/ scorpion's claw, stealth
    175 pts

6x Banshees
    Exarch w/ Executioner, Acrobatic
    141 pts

Troops
    5x Wraithguard
    224pts

5x Wraithguard
    Iyanna Arienal
    375 pts

120pts

120pts

Heavy support
    Falcon
    Starcannon, Holofield, Spirit Stone
    190 pts

Falcon
    190 pts

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    65 pts

This first list is what I've tried out a couple times now in some friendly 4-way matches and the second is what I used at a tourney just a few days ago (the store didn't like the idea of having harlequins in the tournament...something about someone previously abusing optional rules to make an unkillable Daemon Prince). Both seem to have done rather well so far, but I know they still have some room for improvement. Swarm armies, and Tau gave me quite a bit of trouble, but that's at least partly to be expected with Iyanden...ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how could they use harlequins to make a daemon prince unbeatable it specificly states that chaos can't use harlequins. as for the lists, with iyanden you can't really do anything about swarms all you can do is grit your teeth and watch the rending rolls. on the whole both lists are okay although i would drop the vyper in the second one and fill out your aspects more and the samewith the fire prism in the first one as it just dosn't hit enoughto make it worth it's points perhaps more death jesters and spirit stones for the vehicles, as a final note lose the brightlances on the wave serpents as they are only bs3 they will rarely hit it's better to go starcannon or scatterlaseras the extra shots will count in this army.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, what I meant was that the store axed ANY optional rules for tournaments because one guy exploited a set of optional rules to make a damon prince unkillable in a tourney, not that he used harlies with chaos.

Losing the fire prism seems to be the way to go (2 falcons served me pretty well in the tournament, though they kept getting their guns blown off) but I'm not so sure about losing the linked lances on the wave serpents...50% rerolling isn't that bad, and I don't feel very safe with only 2 brightlances. Against Tau, I'd be real worried with only 2 brightlances when I see a hammerhead or two pointed at me as it'd be pretty tricky to get the wraithguard in range.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SandwichBoy
    [HQ]
    Farseer w/ Singing Spear, Power: Guide, Power: Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing
    148pts
    Whoa, you've way overloaded this guy. Keep the Singing Spear, Fortune, and the Runes of Witnessing. Also, you don't need to put "power" before each of his powers, we can figure them out. Pick up an Avatar for a second HQ if what's her name spirit girl doesn't take up an HQ slot.

Elites
    8X Scorpions
    Exarch w/ scorpion's claw, stealth
    175 pts

6x Banshees
    Exarch w/ Executioner, Acrobatic
    141 pts
    I don't like the scorps being less than full, use the points you saved from the farseer there. The Banshees should be full, but as I doubt you're going to get enough for a wave serpent so I'd probably ditch them. Deploy the Scorps so they can cover the unit with the wave serpent.

Troops
    5x Wraithguard
    224pts

5x Wraithguard
    Iyanna Arienal
    375 pts

120pts

120pts
    Good.

Heavy support
    Falcon
    190 pts

Falcon
    190 pts
    I'd probably drop either one, or both of these. Use the points to get more Scorpions or Warp Spiders. They'll help you deal with hordes more than a falcon will (though I love the falcon).

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Starcannon
    65 pts
    IF you need points badly for the Scorps or Spiders, drop this, otherwise keep it.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

+ Reply to Thread