[500] Newb, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[500] Newb, Friendly - Advice needed

‘Thor’s Fist’ Tau Army
    --Core (Compulsory) 500 point army

HQ: Shas’el
    Commander
    XV8 (Twin Linked Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator)
    Subtotal: 119 pts
    Total: 119 pts

Troop: ‘Tanngrisnir’ Shas’Ui

Fire Warrior Squad
    6 Fire Warriors (n/a)
    Subtotal: 60 pts
    Total: 60 pts

Troop: ‘Tanngnjóstr’ Shas’Ui

Fire Warrior Squad
    6 Fire Warriors (n/a)
    Subtotal: 60 pts
    Total: 60 pts

Troop: ‘Meginjarder’ Human Reserves

Gue’Vesa
    1 Gue’Vesa’Ui (Markerlight)
    11 Gue’Vesa’La (n/a)
    Subtotal: 92 pts
    Total: 92 pts

Heavy Support: Mjolnir

Hammerhead
    Hammerhead Tank (Skimmer, Tank, Railgun, Smart Missile System, Targetting Array)
    Subtotal: 160 pts
    Total: 160 pts

Grand Total: 491 pts
    Points Remaining: 9 pts

I've yet to decide whether I want to play Tau or Imperial Guard, and sadly I don't have a Tau codex, but I manged to formulate this list for my potential Tau Army even without it. Undoubtedly there are point errors and I would appreciate any correction. Also, this army is probably horrible (already I can see it needs CC, even though it's a 500 point army) and any advice, critiques, or suggestions for change would be greatly appreciated. This army is designed to avoid CC or to reduce the enemies numbers before hand so much so that CC wont be as devastating to the army.

Thank you for anyone who replies.

Comparisons to my other army army ( IG Army ([500] Newb, Compulsory Army - Friendly) ) Would also be great. Thanks again!

Last edited by Zouflain; December 20th, 2005 at 11:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my only opinion on this is lose the human auxiluries. they are generally not worth the points especially considering you could get more fire warriors, kroot or some effective upgrades. one other note is equip your hammerhead with , decoy launchers, traget lock, multi trackers etc. although you might not have been able due to the fact you don't have a codex to work from. sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I needed a cheap and expendable suicide force (which Kroot are not) in order to protect my FW fireline. The Auxies will draw enemy fire as best they can, then engage enemies directly. For this end, they will have a full unit of Gue'Vesa, complete with two pulse rifles and a Gue'Vesa'La with a Markerlight. Meanwhile, the Hammerhead (shielded from direct assault by the Auxies) will hammer the enemy. When (not if) it appears that the Auxies are ready to go down, the hammer head will retreat and after the Auxies defeat, because the firewariors are not grouped together, the enemy will be forced to either split his forces or to charge just one group. This would buy the neccisarry time for my FW and Hammerhead (if it was able to escape the enemies advance) to eliminate the enemy... in theory. In all honesty I'm a green commander so my strategy might be full of holes. The only way for me to be sure is to test it in an actual battle. Thank you for your input!

P.S. Auxies are a huge reason I choose Tau. I'd like to employ them.
    Last edited by Zouflain; December 21st, 2005 at 00:58.

+ Reply to Thread