1000 point Friendly Dark Eldar list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

1000 point Friendly Dark Eldar list

I'm going all out for speed; with the inspiration coming from the most recent White Dwarf.

What do you think?

there are two versions: One is the list i'd ideally take, if I had enough points.
    the second is the modified list (suggestions on the modification would be appreciated) to fit 1000 points

2x Dracon: Agoniser, Tormentor Helm, Combat Drugs, Reaver Jetbike
    242pts

10x wyches w/ wych weapons and a succabus w/ tormentor helm +agoniser + pistol.
    Unit has a raider w/ disentegrator
    223pts

10x warriors with sabyrite with tormentor helm, agoniser and pistol
    unit has a blaster, splinter cannon, and a raider w/ disentegrator
    186pts

10x warriors w/ 2 dark lances
    100pts

2x4 reavers, both units with two blasters, and a succabus with punisher, tormentor helm and plasma grenades
    326 pts

- It came to 77 pts ott; so

I dropped the agoniser from the warrior sabyrite, took away one wych, and took away one of my Dracons' Bike and Combat Drugs - hopefully mounting him on the Wyches raider; leaving me with around 17 points leeway to change wargear, or play around with the eq. to suit the occasion etc.

Any suggestions on a revised dropping of 77 points, and comments on the list in general?

For the tacticians out there, Here are my planned tactica:
    Use the dark lanced warriors as snipes, and utilize cover or sacrifice a raider as such in order to jetboost the majority of my force amoungst my opponents lines, where I use my speed to concentrate my force on one or two of his squads at a time.

against a CC army, which would best mine in CC, I would use the Dark lance squad to snipe any major targets, flit around with my warrior raider, priotizing targets which could take down my raiders with shooting, then wait until I can completely swamp a unit, with no chance of repercussion (all reaver units, and my wyches against one unit for eg.) then consolidate back into my raiders, to try to pick off another target.
    I wouldn't fully engage, and would basically always be on the assault, which would give me an edge, with which I could actually beat a tyrannid force.

opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

the reaver succubbus configs are illegal, you cannot use a 2 handed weapon on a reaver(and a punisher is). i suggest a power weapon or agoniser.

the sybarite doesnt gain anything from the t-helm, you cannot get +2 attacks for an additional hand weapon twice.
    Same goes for the wych succubbus.

for the points saved in the T-helms get horrorfexes for your raiders, they wont go down to the weapon destroyed result(the horrorfex counts as a defenceive weapon).

cheers dancey.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like the idea that you only have one sniper squad (the two DL in one warrior squad). With only 10 men they are gonna get shot up and you will most likely lose your long range fire power. I suggest taking another squad of warriors. However, the way you are using the army kind of makes the snipers almost inconsequential. You plan to rush up the board and engage the enemy - the snipers become almost obsolete as they will be out of range and lacking the ability/mobility to fire into close combats or over them. If are you going for all out speed you may want to consider adding something else to you army for 100 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

According to a White Dwarf

It said in a recent White Dwarf in a Dark Eldar Tactica section (Australian Edition)
    that said "due to two handed weapons now being able to be used on bikes the standard succabus kit is as follows: Punisher, Tormentor helm, Plasma Grenades"

Is this wrong? Since that is what I based my selection on, S4 is best used with a punisher, especially against garden variety troops.

I also included the snipe team to provide limited tank hunting ability: otherwise I will need to rely on blasters to take out tanks...

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

I cant find anything in the 4th edition rules which allows such a combination.

And the codex still clearly states you must use one hand to controll your reaver jetbike but i must admit it is quite odd that they would write such a thing in a WD... but then again they arent exactly known to reliable either, numerous battreps comes to mind.
    No, cant find any FAQ concerning it either so it seems WD did another screw up :yes:

I hope i´m wrong though... a str5 archon/dracon(+1 str for the reaver and +1 strength for the punshier) which ignore armour saves isnt anything i´d say no to.
    Could even get it up to str7 with the vitae and combat drugs!
    Last edited by danceman; December 23rd, 2005 at 13:41.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I know eh?

Thats why I was hoping it was true...

too bad...

tsk. Should I go for power weapons or an agoniser, since I get S4, wounding most opponents on three or 4's anyway...

and its 5 points cheaper!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

It depends what you want to do w/ your lords. If you plan to have your lords assault something like a wraith lord I wouldn't give 'em power weapons, but if you are only going to use them to assault troops go for it. With combat drugs you can make 'em S5 and wound meqs on 3's and everyone else on 2's.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill go agoniser unless you want to give the succubus with combat drugs to make sure she gets a +str on the combat drugs. agoniser is more fluffier than a power weapon, then again its not a tournament.
    do gods exist in this world? or did man just made god in his image? if you do not agree answer this, why do we portrait gods as humans? why do our gods look like us? if gods are mighty and powerful then why do they look like the weak.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Can't you get S5 agonizer on a bike? +1S for the bike, +1S for drugs? Every lord should be on drugs.

As for the WD and the punisher statement - The codex says you can't have a 2 handed weapon on a jetbike, period. On 4 other forums beside this one, they have all concluded that White Dwarf was wrong and 2 handed weapons on Jet bikes is illegal.

I agree with this as well, you cant drive a jetbike 200 miles per hour with no hands swinging a halberd size ax but on the other hand, since when does logic or fluff dictate the rules?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

What good would a S5 agonizer do? An S5 power weapon, however, would be a much better thing against smaller HQ and grunt troops, as T3 are wounded on a 2 and T3 on a 3.
    ~ Rape the churches and burn the women!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast