1750 Biel Tan Tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Biel Tan Tournament list

This is going to be for a large tournament in Feb. so I would have lots of time to modify my choices. So far this army has been about 75% wins with a couple losses to a very good Space Marine army but handles Tau, IG, and Eldar (Rangers, Vanilla) well.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

HQ - (204)

1x Farseer - Witchblade (W, Pistol, Fortune
    2x Warlocks - WB, pistol, Destructor
    1x Warlock - Singing Spear, Enhance

Troops:

8x Warp Spiders - 176

10x Striking Scorpions, Exarch w/ Claw and Stealth - 207

7x Fire Dragons, Exarch w/ Firepike in Wave Serpent w/ Starcannons, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stone - 303

Elite:

1x Vyper w/ Starcannon - 65
    1x Vyper w/ Starcannon - 65
    1x Vyper w/ Bright Lance - 65

Fast Attack:

8x Swooping Hawks, Exarch w/ Web of Skulls, Sustained Assault - 220

Heavy Support:

1x Falcon w/ Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stone, Holo-Field - 200

1x Wraithlord w/ Starcannon - 120

1x Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance - 120

Total: 1748

Tactics:

I know that everyone says that 2 Wraithlords is cheesy, but I like to have them more as fire magnets to protect the other troops. Anyway, Falcon, Fire Dragons, Vypers hunt down big stuff and other Speeders. Scorps get into CC asap, Hawks drop in 2nd or 3rd turn, Warp Spiders warp around and be cool. Farseer squad usually flies in the Falcon, although I have started them out of it on boards that allow it. Thanks for looking and for your comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, 2 wraithlords is pretty cheesy unless you're Iyanden, but the only people who'll give you static are those who have trouble dealing with them.

First off, drop the hawks to 4 + the exarch. Hawks right now are only really usefull as an exarch delivery system, so take the bare minimum. Second, stick with lances for the WLs and starcannons for those BS3 vypers...much better chances on both sides.
    Third, lose the firepike if the dragons are in a transport...the extra 6" and +2 str really won't make much difference if you drop them out close enough to the target. Furthermore, you probably don't need the shuri-cannon on the serpent or the falcon as you can't fire it and the starcannons if you move 12" (which you will want to). Also, by the numbers, a scatterlaser will only get .5 more shots per turn than a starcannon, so unless you're up gainst a sizable horde army I'd suggest dropping the scatterlaser and shuriken cannons, swapping the linked starcannons on the serpent for a pair of lances and giving the falcon a starcannon. That way you've got 3 brightlances that are hitting more than 50% of the time, and still tons of MEQ mulching power. Maybe drop a vyper and throw the extra points into a squad of reapers, or even just lose the hawks and go for a second squad of scorps. As-is, this'd do reasonably well against Nids and IG, bu it'd have a tough time with most other armies.

+ Reply to Thread