Ch-ch-check it out... (1300 Points) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Ch-ch-check it out... (1300 Points)

Yeah, I'm pretty much a 40k noob, so if I'm doing something completely wrong, kindly point it out without using too many random words and abbreviations @_@

Anyway, I just got into 40k a month or two ago and have been assembling my army, I must say it's... very fun. Actually played a 1300 point battle this morning against my friend who plays Space Marines, picking up the hobby from awhile ago. I beat him. Durr so, uh, here's the army, before you get too bored...

HQ
    Battlesuit Crisis Shas'o - TL Fusion Blaster; Shield Gen*
    Battlesuit Bodyguard Team - One has TL Fusion Blaster and Shield Gen, one has plasma rifle and fusion blaster with multi tracker

Elite
    Battlesuit Team Shas'vre - All three with TL Plasma Rifles and Shield Gens... proved very effective against space marines...

Troops
    Fire Warrior Squad (12) - All with regular rifles and photon grenades.
    Fire Warrior Squad (12) - ""
    Kroot Squad (12) - ...I believe there was a shaper among them, which I soon realized as a waste of points...

Fast Attack
    Gun Drone Squadron ( - Held in reserve for deepstriking... proved effective against a razorback before they were obliterated...

I'm getting my pathfinders built as soon as I build my devilfish >_>*

Heavy Support
    Broadside Battlesuit (1) - TL Railgun and SMS
    Hammerhead Gunship - Railgun and burst canons, though I think the SMS would be a better pick... eh?*

Note: I haven't actually glued any of the battlesuit weapons in, because... well obviously they're rather versatile...

*1 For the HQ slot I wanted to take an Ethereal Caste Member, but the hobby store I was at the day before didn't have any. Yeah, so would you guys say a Shas'el/'o Suit is better as an HQ, or the Ethereal?

*2 I have another hammerhead and a devilfish that I haven't assembled yet, the second hammerhead I plan on putting the ion canon on.

My observations: Against Marines, at least, the plasma rifles were hitting and wounding on 2+, which makes the twin linking just a little bit pointless. So, better idea to do multitracker with plasma rifle and fusion blaster? Or something with missile pods? Flamers? Haven't tried those out yet >_>

Whatever input ya got, thanks :w00t:

Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Thanks for your comments, guys...
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Well done on your game against your friend's space marines.

Rather than throw you in the deep end on what's good or not, and what tactics you should use, I think you should just play more games. Don't play with the same list twice is the best advice I can give you for now. Buy 6 stealths next is the second best.
    Last edited by onlainari; January 3rd, 2006 at 05:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread