1000 point army list - advice please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point army list - advice please

Hi all,

i am new to tyranids and am aiming for a 1000 points,my army list is as follows so far:

HQ: Hive Tyrant with scything talons and rending claws, Adrenal glands ( I and WS), Toxin sacs, Winged. Psychic power :Warp Blast. =178

Elites : 3 warriors with ST and RC with EC and leaping. = 105

Troops : 16 spinegaunts = 80

:16 hormagaunts = 160

: 8 genestealers with EC =160

Heavy Support : Carnifex with venom cannon, barbed strangler, ES and EC and RC. = 188

Total = 871

Any ideas, advice and constructive critism are welcome.Also what would you spend the remaining 129 points on ???.

Thanks in advance

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

My $0.02.
    - I would drop Warp Blast on the Tyrant and add Warp Field instead. You want a CC tyrant in CC all game long so you should only get one Warp Blast shot if you play him right. That's too expensive for a single shot. Warp Field will give you a 2+/6+ save which will always help.
    - Why take rending claws on the Tyrant? Are you planning on using him as a tank hunter? I prefer to bring two gunfexes for anti-tank and tool my Tyrant for pure troop killing power (2 x scything talons).
    - I would spend the rest of your points on troops. You can never have too many Gaunts running around. At 1000 points every model really counts so more spinegaunts could help for shooting and as cannon fodder.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which army are you going to go up against? SM, add the I upgrade to those warriors. Hitting them first is nice. Keep them leaping.
    My opinion on shooty fexes is BS, VC and ES, thats it, the extra points for the EC is nice, but he is gonna be a heavy weapons magnet AP2 weapons, so it will be rendered ineffective. Maybe throw in a couple more gaunts and split them up. If you do that get another squad of warriors for synapse. But keep the gaunts cheap spinegaunts = Xpts a model is perfect. EC on the genestealers.
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; August 22nd, 2007 at 05:58. Reason: Removed points cost of individul models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Play BlackTemplars but a mate of mine (War Boss Ghark) has the tiranid cod and I like reading them to better my strategy and I've always liked the Zoalanthropes with synapse and warp blast to provide you with a tank hunter and all the gaunts used as a meat Sheild until everything gets into combat and they are soon overwhelmed
    I can be 2 things at once.
    Gods gift to the world, and his biggest mistake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

HQ: Hive Tyrant with scything talons and rending claws, Adrenal glands ( I and WS), Toxin sacs, Winged. Psychic power :Warp Blast. =178
    Drop warp blast for warp field, a better save is what you need. Replace the rending claws with another set of scything talons and trade in the adrenal glands for toxic miasma.

I would divide these guys up a little to spread out your troops, at 1k, you can have smaller broods and do fine.

With the remaining points a lictor and a ravener, that or more gaunts. Spinegaunts are best.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

-- Thread moved to Army Lists Subforum --

Please remember to post army lists in the appropriate subforum folks. Also, be sure to check the rules, especially those regarding posting individual model costs.

Thanks!

In your face, up my butt, and around the corner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thing that would be very useful would be a lictor or ravener. The lictors are very useful for taking out elites, while raveners are good for light armored infantry. I personally depend on them for tactics. You might want to consider adding one of the two (or both) to that list of yours.
    That's me when I have too much coffee in the morning. Watch out!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by athryalseer View Post
    Like others have said, drop the rending claws. The tyrant is already an MC, so rending claws don't help much where the extra attack for a couple more points is a great addition. Toxic miasma is better for a tyrant as it helps against WS 3 units and helps others that are in cc alongside the tyrant. While the warpfield isn't necessary, it does help a lot and I would advise using it.

Elites : 3 warriors with ST and RC with EC and leaping. = 105
    If you can find the room for the I adrenal gland, that would help this unit a lot. It isn't that expensive, but it will take out a couple extra guys and save the warriors some pain.

: 8 genestealers with EC =160
    These looks good.

Heavy Support : Carnifex with venom cannon, barbed strangler, ES and EC and RC. = 188
    I would suggest taking off either the EC or the RC. I've found that most carnis can do fine without two defensive upgrades, especially in a 1k game with a tyrant also. It'll save some points for the more expensive tyrant upgrades and the warrior ones.

Any ideas, advice and constructive critism are welcome.Also what would you spend the remaining 129 points on ???.
    Personally, I think that the list is a little lacking in firepower. While it has several cc beasts, the carni is the only shooty unit. For 120 something points, you could fit in a unit of ranged warriors (3 with a VC, 2 DS, ES and EC) or two thorpes with warpblast. You could also go for more gaunts or a ravener, but personally I like to have more ranged firepower available than one carni.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread