Help please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Help please

Hi,

i recently started playing 40k again and collected dark angels as my first returning army..only to post the list in the SM section to find out its apparently a pretty hopeless list *sigh*.. it was based alot on looks and only a 'friendly' list anyway.. and it does look good so im happy..

However now that im ready to start a second army (obviously Dark Eldar, as i want one good & one evil army) i would like my second list to be a more competetive tournament type list. This is where i need help as i know relatively little about Dark eldar. and dont wnat to fork out for a codex if im not even sure i want to go ahead with collecting them. that will depend on what im told here

Basically i want a competetive 1000 point Dark Eldar tournament style list.
    My preferences would be to have 2 warrior squads with raiders. i made the mistake of special characters with the Dark Angels army so ill go with a standard Dark eldar lord or something.
    But really as i have no idea, im open to any and all suggestions.

Please let me know what would be the most effective 1000 pt force.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

gee thanks for all your help..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I'd suggest looking at other 1k point DE lists to begin with since no one here will make a list for you.

Also if u do decide to collect DE, buy the dex then post a list here, there's plenty of knowledgeable people that will help you with it
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

ok fair enough i guess. ill do that

Disregard this thread.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Usually for 1000 point army you would take an archon with scissorhand, drugs, shadow field and agoniser. For 1000 point army I would putr the archon on a bike, I have a 1500 army and I have 6 incubi in my HQ but I dont know how you want to do it cause incubi are good but very expensive.

2 or 3 raider squads with heavy weapons for mobile support.

A wych squad with agoniser equiped succubus. THis is a must

Warpbeast pack is good against low armored units like gaunts and guardsmen

Ravager is good against everything, its also a must

This is a standard Kabal force. You could also get wych cult that focuses on wyches, warpbeasts and hellions or a hamonculus force that focuses on taloses, grotesques and hamonculuses. The rest is up to you. Each force has a different strategy behind it so make sure you know the strengths and weaknesses of each before you decide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont forgot your hq choice, this is usually a dracon with agoniser, splinter pistol, shadow field, combat drugs, plasma grenade and hell mask and shes on foot.

so a standard or bsic 1k list should look likes this

darcon w/ agoniser, splinter pistol, shadow field, gruesome talisman, combat drugs and plasma grenade

7 wyches w/ wych weapons, plasma grenade and succubus with agoniser and gruesome talisman
    raider w/ dark lance

10 warriors w/ 2 dark lance
    10 warriors w/ 2 dark lance
    10 warriors w/ 2 splinter cannons
    10 warriors w/ 2 splinter cannons

5 reavers w/ 2 blasters succubus with tormentor helm and power weapon and hay wire grenade

ravanger w/ 3 disintegrator

total 1000 points. this would be a standard normal list that i woulse use. i wouldnt use warp beast if you jsut started playing with DE considering you need exp with them.

usually there wont be gruesome talismans but since you had 4 points left i added them in
    do gods exist in this world? or did man just made god in his image? if you do not agree answer this, why do we portrait gods as humans? why do our gods look like us? if gods are mighty and powerful then why do they look like the weak.

+ Reply to Thread