1500pts Tau (Waiting for Codex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Tau (Waiting for Codex)

Like a lot of people I'm eagerly awaiting the new Tau codex and all of It's new tricks, but In the meantime I've been using the current dex for Ideas on a mech list.
    Unlike my other armies which are either static or mobile assault I'm going for the mech shooty fun army and which better than the Tau. Not really Into Ion cannons as the rail gun seems statistically better on all fronts, seen the Kroot work as a great annoyance standing In cover personal preference really.
    Anyway all comments on the list are welcome as I haven't yet played with Tau just been whooped on several occasions :yes: so I'm sure Improvements can be made.
    Thanks

Cadian7th

H.Q
    Shas'el
    Twin Linked Missile Pods
    Plasma
    Multi-tracker
    (97)

H.Q
    Shas'el
    Twin Linked Missile Pods
    Plasma
    Multi-tracker
    (97)

TROOPS
    12 x Firewarriors
    Shas'ui
    Devilfish
    Decoy Launchers
    Multi-tracker
    Disruption Pods
    (230)

TROOPS
    10 x Kroot
    (70)

TROOPS
    10 x Kroot
    (70)

ELITES
    6 x Stealth Suits Bonded
    (190)

ELITES
    6 x Stealth Suits Bonded
    (190)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Hammerhead
    Railgun
    Smart Missile System
    Multi-Tracker
    Decoy Launcher
    Target Lock
    Disruption Pods
    (185)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Hammerhead
    Railgun
    Smart Missile System
    Multi-Tracker
    Decoy Launcher
    Target Lock
    Disruption Pods
    (185)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Hammerhead
    Railgun
    Smart Missile System
    Multi-Tracker
    Decoy Launcher
    Target Lock
    Disruption Pods
    (185)

(1499)

FLAME ON!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'm not a fan of kroots, and I would NEVER field more kroots then fire warriors!
    I would remove the kroots, or at least 10. second, 3 hammerheads on 1500 points an enormous pointsink. it's a waste. better field more crisis suits instead, and 1 hammerhead plus a lonely broadside. you can give your shas'el bodyguard, or just an elite crisis team.
    I don't like the weapon of your shas'el, but that's up to you. I would give them linked plasma rifles. devilfish for fire warriors is a good option, but my lists never make it in points at 1500 points, so I usually don't take em. I don't bond my units, so that gives 20 extra points from your stealth suits. all this should give you a lot of extra point, get extra fire warriors, with devilfish if you want. and an extra crisis team is always wecome right?

note: all comment above is my honest oppinion. your free to take and leave as you wish.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

actually kroots are great,having 20 in groups of 10 is great,keep them.the hammerhead with railgun is one of the best 3 best tank in the game,3 hammerheads ae absolutely devastation,sweet pie plates and railgun,they are fast,kill infantry well,kill tank well,and are hard to kill,keep them.What you should do(i think)is just get 6 fire warrior and drop devilfish.with the point get some crisis.your commander setup is good,bt you can take it out if you need point tho.
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Salvane. Seriously. Your build is not the only, and it's especially not good for a new to Tau player. Let him build a regular, balanced list with some error forgiveness in it first, then he can start to lean into the more hardcore lists.

Cadian, my advice is peruse the forums for disscussion on troop types and crisis suit setups. There are at least three good threads for every Tau troop type in this forum. Both sides are about equally represented. Also look at the lists of some of the vet Tau players. Right now I guarantee that within a day or so a mister onlarini is gonna stop by and probably tell you the same thing as salvane here. Then theres gonna be a couple other guys who are gonna go in the opposite direction of those two and demand that you load up your list with lots of FW's. In their own way all these sets will give you dead on advice about units and strategy but they'll have little to no room for your own army list in their plans. And they're gonna flame me bad for this one. Although there will be others who will decend from on high and give you sound and unbiased advice, but they arn't as loud or as vocal as the rest of us ignorant pains.

Once you've read the tactica and debates you'll know your own list and what you wanna do with that and you be able to make your own calls while taking their ultimately good advice. It sounds like you play a lot of other armies so your no newb, just do some of your own research before you ask these guys for advice.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

i just don't see what can 12 fire warriors do,i think you are a bit light on heavy infantry and light tanks firepower so you should get 2 crisis
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

+ Reply to Thread