[1500] Speed Freak (ELITES) - Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Speed Freak (ELITES) - Tournament

Hi everybody ! Let's see whether you like this army list :

HQ 335 pts
    Warboss(choppa,slugga)
    + 6 nobz(choppa, slugga,1 powerklaw, big horns)
    + mekboy(force field + choopa)
    + 2 groot(atack)
    + waagh banner
    + truck (rokkit+grot rider+ red paint)

Elites 770 pts
    Stormboyz 342 pts: 19 troops + 1 nob + big horns + powerclaw
    Skarboyz 214 pts: 9 troops + 1 nob + big horns + powerclaw + 3 burnas + truck(rokkit+grot + red paint)
    Skarboyz 214 pts: 9 troops + 1 nob + big horns + powerclaw + 3 burnas + truck(rokkit+grot + red paint)

Troops 393 pts
    Burna Boyz 183 pts : 9 boyz + mekboy(force field) + 4 burnas + truck(red paint + groot riders + rokkit)
    5 Wartrakk 210 pts : grot + rokkit launcha

TOTAL: 1498

Initially I used 2 unit of 18 stromboyz, but I have realized today that it is not allow. That make me too sad because I like this way of playing !!! Anyway, I have remade my army list.

My experience have tough me that we must catch our enemy as fast as possible. Playing with trucks I learnt that they are not as relible as Stormboyz. Usually, in the 2nd turn I am getting into close combat with that boyz ! Whoever is the oponent(at least when I used a list with 2 units of 18 stormboyz ;-)). I basically protect them at the very beggining with force fields. Note that i ) all trucks start disembarked and so I can organize force fields to cover the Stormboyz and ii) troops are far enoght that only heavy weepons can hit them and thus we suffer only few cassualties(if any ). In that turn(1st) I move them ahead and protect them with wartrucks(which start ussually hidden). At the same time I embarck troops and move into a safety place. It turns out that you can start Close Combat with these boyz in the turn 2, and in the 3rd turn trucks came to CC as well.

I like mixing burnnas and powerclaw because I like to have independent units. What I mean is that you have power against "big things"(powerclaw) as well as against enemies which are superior in number(burnas).

I preffer to used stormboyz instead of trucks becasue a few trucks (2 !) are ussually not that difficult to move across the battel field without being shot, but increasing the number of trucks(>3) makes you to loose easily troops because there are no space for them. Combining stormboyz with trucks do increase your chances to take profit of the scenario. And both of them are fast enough to be effective.

That are my toughs, but would like people comment on it .

Any comment would be appreciated

Last edited by Folding; January 17th, 2006 at 18:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I'd say in general you are relying on your high point models too much.

But I only know orks, haven't played them yet.

Plus if it's worked for you in the past, stick with it.

I'll be leaning on very few boyz, but lotsa buggies and things! (Battlewagon WEE!!)

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Folding
    Hi everybody ! Let's see whether you like this army list :

HQ 335 pts
    Warboss(choppa,slugga)
    + 6 nobz(choppa, slugga,1 powerklaw, big horns)
    + mekboy(force field + choopa)
    + 2 groot(atack)
    + waagh banner
    + truck (rokkit+grot rider+ red paint)
    boss needs pk and armour, kff is useless if you want to get into cc and you have no armour, drop the nobz. The boss should have a pk and choppa and an inv. save, use his trukk to catch runaways
    Elites 770 pts
    Stormboyz 342 pts: 19 troops + 1 nob + big horns + powerclaw
    5- 10 in a squad is allowed
    good, make room in 1 squad to get yoiur boss in their
    Troops 393 pts
    Burna Boyz 183 pts : 9 boyz + mekboy(force field) + 4 burnas + truck(red paint + groot riders + rokkit)
    5 Wartrakk 210 pts : grot + rokkit launcha
    awesome
    TOTAL: 1498

Initially I used 2 unit of 18 stromboyz, but I have realized today that it is not allow. That make me too sad because I like this way of playing !!! Anyway, I have remade my army list.

My experience have tough me that we must catch our enemy as fast as possible. Playing with trucks I learnt that they are not as relible as Stormboyz. Usually, in the 2nd turn I am getting into close combat with that boyz ! Whoever is the oponent(at least when I used a list with 2 units of 18 stormboyz ;-)). I basically protect them at the very beggining with force fields. Note that i ) all trucks start disembarked and so I can organize force fields to cover the Stormboyz and ii) troops are far enoght that only heavy weepons can hit them and thus we suffer only few cassualties(if any ). In that turn(1st) I move them ahead and protect them with wartrucks(which start ussually hidden). At the same time I embarck troops and move into a safety place. It turns out that you can start Close Combat with these boyz in the turn 2, and in the 3rd turn trucks came to CC as well.

I like mixing burnnas and powerclaw because I like to have independent units. What I mean is that you have power against "big things"(powerclaw) as well as against enemies which are superior in number(burnas).

I preffer to used stormboyz instead of trucks becasue a few trucks (2 !) are ussually not that difficult to move across the battel field without being shot, but increasing the number of trucks(>3) makes you to loose easily troops because there are no space for them. Combining stormboyz with trucks do increase your chances to take profit of the scenario. And both of them are fast enough to be effective.

That are my toughs, but would like people comment on it .

Any comment would be appreciated
    Your nobz make up 1 5th of your army and easily killed, also you can only have 5 - 10 stormboyz in a squad. With the saved points do what you want, and make sure to get fighta bommaz raid (they rule) and a looted russ or bassie, and make sure your trajkks are split up as mu=h as possible and plates are better than rpj, good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments.

I would like to give the Powerclaw to my warboss but as far as it is an independent character, no matter whether it has or not bodyguard, the probability of being able to use it is really low !!! This is the reason I give it to a nobz. The same applies to big horns.

Making space for the warboss in a skarboyz truck (or in any other vehicle) means that rolling reserves you will have to roll for skarboyz and warboss independently. Only in the case that both slots appear in the same turn you will be able to embark the warboss in the skarboyz truck. If not, the warboss will start alone and walking !!! am I right ?
    That is the reason I give him a bodyguard. Also becasue I use I6 of noobs and I8 of warboss to defeat enemies with high I(i.e. eldars), taht the reason I always used the waaagh banner, becasue I ussually rely on this I.

O my good !! Where it is writen that stormboyz are allow between 5-10 ?
    I used spanish codex and it is written 5-20, is it a mistake ?

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Nope your good, I just checked mine and it said 5-20.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spanish Orks

Hehe, I dunno why, but that sounds funnay ... and don't get me wrong, cause i can speak spanish. Just imagine tho ...

Senor Warboss: Da me el claw de power! Atacar! Para el Waaaaagh!

You should paint huge Pancho Villa 'staches on alla your nobz.

Sabre
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I thought that your army list had to consist of 40% of the points being spent on troops for tournament play?

Even if it isn't, I still think your list is too 'Elite' heavy.

You have about what? 60 to 65 models hitting the boards?

That number just seems too low for orks. I would drop a squad of skarboys and maybe lower the number of stormboys to 10 or 15 and dump the points into a regular unit or two (or three) of boys in trucks, They are just as likely to survive getting to the enemy as your elites and even though they have a worse armor save they still get a respectable number of attacks, plus there will be more of them.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Joker; January 18th, 2006 at 23:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all yours comments:
    Let's see whether you like my thoughts :w00t:

Lowering the number of Stormboyz is definitely not a good option, I think. The number give several advantadges:
    i) If you are shot in the way towards CC, you will end up still in powerfull attack
    ii) After a couple of CC, you will still have enough power to assault new squads again
    iii) No enemy unit which assalt you will be able to kill enough boyz as not to suffer a really great response.
    vi) Easily you will get full squad points after the battle. The enemy have to kill 11 boyz to get half the value.
    vii) etc

These and many other factors make that squad extremly resistant and dangerous. Even if you play bad this squad, it will fight for you :yes: in some where at some time in the battle field !!!

According to trucks, as I mentioned before, in my experience, more than 3 trucks mean that you wont be able to protect them and so they will be hit. That mean you lose your chances. That is the reason I like to used a few units, that can be easily protected.

Usually I sacrify 1 truck (no models in ) and 5 wartrucks to protect stormboyz plus 3 trucks. This combined with scenario allows a large probability of getting stormboyz and this 3 trucks to CC. Once this elites are in CC, teh job is done.

Also, keeping 4-3 burnas + powerclaw in each squad mean that you can fight againts a Carnifex or 20 models units(tyranids) with any unit you have in the battle field. You are not in that sense restricted to the enemy deployment. And this is a great advantage. In any place, you have garanties to fight against any kind of unit !!

Anyhow, I take into account all you advises.

Anyhow, nice to disccuss,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only have 1 Unit of Skarboys in a Speed Freak Army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

yep, so you are going to have to go with regular truka boyz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast