1500pts army, please rate or fix, thanx - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts army, please rate or fix, thanx

Here is my army list all 1500pts of it, any rate or fix would be cool. Thanx

Shas O = Plasma, Missile Pod, Fusion, HW Multi = 127

Shas O = Plasma, Missile Pod, Fusion, HW Multi = 127

Shas’ Vre = Plasma, TL Missile Pod, HW Multi = 87

Shas’ ui = 1 Stealth group of 6 = 180

FW = 1 group of 6 = plasma rifle = 60

Kroot of 10 = 70

Hammerhead = Rail, Burst, Multi, Disruption Pod = 165

Total = 1500:shifty:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only one shas'ui can be upgraded to shas'vre.
    I would make the Shas'o shas'el, max out the FW, drop one of the hammerheads and use the points to buy another FW squad and possibly a Devilfish.
    I would also drop the TL and just have a single missile pod and maybe drop the Fusions on the shas'o
    Also confused about the plasma rifle for the FW
    But I do like all the stealths
    Last edited by recloose; January 20th, 2006 at 01:33.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

1. Your list is illegal. Your team of Crisis all have three wepons and a HW device. The only one of them that can take HW option is if you upgrade one to a team leader and he can take one. The other two can't.

2. I personally would take of the MP on your HQ's and TL the plasma or the Fusion, depending on what you want to blow up. Thats just personal preference though.

3. At 1500 points your army is very small and won't take much to break. To offset this you have lots of Stealth which are harder to hit and target but a competent player is gonna see that and take advantage of it. With this list your going to need to be especially fearfull of any army thats fast enough to catch and corner your elites, cuz if they do they are gonna put the hurt on bad.

I'm not gonna tell you what units to run, I'm just gonna tell you what problems your gonna have with it, but this list has the feel of a cut and dried onalarini list follower (if you came up with this list on your own my apologies for calling into question your own intelect and creativity) so I have a feeling you've read all the arguments already.

And now onalarini may decend from the heights and bless your list with a 8 or maybe a nine, or wonder of wonders a ten.
    Last edited by Undead Bonzi; January 20th, 2006 at 01:48.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

actually it is legal,i think all shas'vre or higher get a HW option.
    for the hq make one missile pod,plasma rifle and multi shas'el(your configuration is not point effective)
    and the other helios,plasma rifle,multi shas'o.for the rest i see nothing wrong.
    VERY good list,it look awesomely like mine :yes: .did you read the post about my army list by any chance
    about the oni follower thing well he gives good advices and the list he helped me make works greats.
    oni woudle ither give this a 8/10 or a 9/10 i think
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by svalene
    actually it is legal,i think all shas'vre or higher get a HW option.
    for the hq make one missile pod,plasma rifle and multi shas'el(your configuration is not point effective)
    and the other helios,plasma rifle,multi shas'o.for the rest i see nothing wrong.
    VERY good list,it look awesomely like mine :yes: .did you read the post about my army list by any chance
    about the oni follower thing well he gives good advices and the list he helped me make works greats.
    oni woudle ither give this a 8/10 or a 9/10 i think
    Actualy it is totaly illegal you can only upgrade one member per XV8 team to Shas'vre cant believe you dont know that svelene.
    If your set on a team of XV8's give them all either plasma and missile pod, multi, or Fusion, plasma, multi. If your using a team I would go for the Missile pod and use its range to keep out of trouble because XV8 teams are hard to keep in one piece. if you want to crack armour with them go for the helios but dont expect them to last long.
    I really dont like this list type personaly I think its to low in numbers, the 6 FW and 10 Kroot are useless enough to be classed as irrelevent to the list, they contribute nothing, I must say I agree with undead it smacks of following the herd ts just to similar to the supposed Uber list doing the rounds on this and other forums at the moment, but hey whatever use it and learn just how many errors this list has built into it.,
    I can think of a few changes that would make this list better, but they have been posted by myself and others in other threads so I'm not gonna waste my time repeating them (everyone breaths a sigh of relief, Riki is learning).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only upgrade 1 of the shas'ui to shas'vre so it is illegal but iwithout the TL then you can save 22 points on the 2 new shas'ui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    I can think of a few changes that would make this list better, but they have been posted by myself and others in other threads so I'm not gonna waste my time repeating them (everyone breaths a sigh of relief, Riki is learning).
    Atta boy Rikki. *enthusiastic applause*

One more small and fairly pointless little thing spec. FW's use pulse rifles not plasma rifles. Your gonna give some newb a heartattack when he thinks he can stick plasma wepons on an FW's squad.
    Last edited by Undead Bonzi; January 20th, 2006 at 02:37.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh, I couldn’t post a reply when the first 4 post came down the pipe due to some system error, and now there are 3 more all yelling at me about my n00b mistake. Yea, it was a bad mistake and same thing for the fire warriors I meant pulse rifles, kind of mixed up that with plasma rifle. Let me make the corrections.

Shas’ El = Plasma, Missile Pod, Fusion, HW Multi = 102

Shas’ El = Plasma, Missile Pod, Fusion, HW Multi = 102

Shas’ Ui = Plasma, MP, Multi = 65

FW = 1 group of 6 = 60

FW = 1 group of 6 = 60

FW = 1 group of 6 = 60

Kroot of 10 = 70

Hammerhead = Rail, Burst, Multi = 160

Total = 1499

Ok, for the shas' el please tell me why the weapon line-up is not so great, from my limited understanding the weapons give them all forms of ranged combat. For the shas' ui group, why would they die so easily? Is there weapon line-up wrong? Do they just suck? Should I add another stealth unit in there place? I corrected the problem of fire warriors by adding two more squads, but had to taking one disruption pod away from a rail head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

Ah, new things I've noticed about your list that I missed the first time.

1. Always take Decoy Launchers on yuor tanks if nothing else. It alows you to rerole imobilized results (which is good cuz if skimmers get imobilized after moving 6" they're destroyed). Your HH's are a bit spare, look at other army lists to see a more typical loadout, usually around 180 pts is standard loadout for railheads. The Disruption pods you have on now are considered by most to be optional.

2. They are saying that your crisis team will be easy to kill because its three suits in a group which is hard to hide, not due to wepons loadout. If the enemy has LOS on even just one they can fire at that squad and inflict multiple wounds, possibly killing one or two suits in a round of shooting, at which point the remaining one will be forced to take a moral check, but I wouldn't replace them with stealths, crisis are your heavy weapons tank and marien busting platforms, don't sacrafice them for more St 5 shots.

3. On your HQ's we're telling you to narrow that down to two weapons because Crisis suits with Multitrackers can only fire two weapons a turn. That means that every turn your going to have a number of points sitting useless on your crisis, where if you TL a weapon and drop the extra your making your "to hit" ratio better. Crisis suits are super versatile, but for each individual loadout you wanna give it some focus and direction, a Crisis that can do everything is good at doing nothing.

4. Don't make multiple 6 man FW squads. When you make mini squads like that it's only gonna take three FW's getting killed to force a moral check on that unit. People are giving you grief on your FW's because your previous list you had a single squad of 6 which is useless in every sense of the word. They can't put out any volume of fire, can't hold objectives, can't absorb casualties. If you want an effective static squad your gonna need a 12 man unit, not three 6 man paper weights. And if you find your short of points, don't take it out of your hammerheads or crisis, they're base enough as is.

I would suggest that you read the tactica on Mech Tau and read some of the threads elsewhere in the Tau forum on the different troop types. It would also help if you checked out some of the other army lists on this forum and got a feel for what others are doing and thinking.
    Last edited by Undead Bonzi; January 20th, 2006 at 05:49.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

So what happened to the other list?

Twinlinking shas'o probably wasn't a smart move, and you needed target locks on your hammerheads, but the rest was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast