[1000] "Quickstart" Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

[1000] "Quickstart" Army

Well, I'm making this 1000 point list as a "starter" army, so I will have something to play with while I try to buy 10x Pariahs and 10x Flayed Ones... keep in mind, I'm using only the models from my 1850 "Fear" army, so, here goes:

HQ

[1] Lord
    +Resurrection Orb
    +Nightmare Shroud
    +Gaze of Flame
    =185 points

Troops

[10] Warriors
    =180 points

[10] Warriors
    =180 points

[10] Warriors
    =180 points

Fast Attack

[3] Destroyers
    =150 points

[3] Wraiths
    =123 points

Total Points: 998
    Total Models: 37
    Phase Out: @9 [Kill 28]

Opinions appreciated, but I can't get too much more flexible on the models themselves... actually, everything has to be kept pretty much the same. The most I can do is split the Wraiths up, to have an extra scoring unit to go and capture objectives (and hopefully be ignored by the enemy, if I keep it out of the way - nobody will hunt a single Wraith over thirty Warriors).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Great list!

The only thing I would suggest is giving the lord a warscythe so he can hold his own if other HQs go after him.

Very solid otherwise, it should serve you well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    Great list!

The only thing I would suggest is giving the lord a warscythe so he can hold his own if other HQs go after him.

Very solid otherwise, it should serve you well.
    The plan is, if another HQ even gets near the Lord... he'll be shot up by 30 Warriors.

I don't plan on letting my Lord in CC, unless he absolutely must - and, if that's the case, I think a standard power weapon (Staff of Light) should deal rather well.

The last battle I had (500 points) against my dad's Space Marines, the Staff of Light was wonderful. I hit all three times, and wounded all three times, which means three Space Marines went splat - because of the Lord's shooting phase. It was pretty nifty, and can really come in handy.

I expect trouble against AP2 and lots of vehicles, but that's normal.

Plan is, if I split the Wraiths up, two of them will act as support for the rest of the army while one of them turbo boosts away to grab an objective, staying out of LOS as much as possible. All that lone Wraith has to do, even, is stop the enemy from taking points for an objectives.

The Lord will stick with the Warriors mainly, advancing or holding as is needed and making sure they stand back up - also, a counter-charge unit if one is needed.

The Destroyers will, of course, be there for their high volumes of fire. The only difference in that strategy that will happen is if the enemy brings vehicles - then, it will be the Destroyers' jobs to take the vehicles out with their reasonable strength and high amount of Gauss shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Looks and sounds good to me man.

It'd be nice if you had in some of your scary units in there so you can get used to them a bit, but as this is what you're going to be using because you don't have those models that is a bit out of the question...

What happened to the Heavy Destroyers? I thought you were planning on converting them from normal Destroyers? That way you could have the Wraiths seperate, letting them cause much more havock.
    Admittedly, the way you've set the plan out would imply that you're relying on weight of fire and gauss to take down 2+ or vehicles, which kinda removes the point of Heavy Destroyers.

Good list man.
    :yes:

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Eh, the Heavy Destroyers were alright, but the list suffers from a lack of firepower to begin with, IMO. The normal Destroyers will help fill that gap, and are suitable to take out many enemies - not just tanks with their Gauss, or 2+ saves, and they might (maybe) kill more than one model at a time, which the H. Destroyers couldn't do.

Plus, it saves me a lot of work, and this new list saves me cash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Also, I just (kinda) remembered that this is a 1k list, so anyone bringing 2+ saves or armour 14 to a game is probably going to be seriously outnumbered, even by 'crons, so weight of fire should be enough.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Looks like a solid list. Not much to say besides consider giving the Necron Lord VoD instead of Nightmare Shroud and Gaze of Flame.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAngel
    Looks like a solid list. Not much to say besides consider giving the Necron Lord VoD instead of Nightmare Shroud and Gaze of Flame.

Ben
    It's a good move, sure, but it doesn't fit in the theme with the army - which, really, the rest of the army doesn't hit off with very well due to the lack of the three main additions (Pariahs, Flayed Ones, and the Deceiver). However, I'd rather keep that Lord with those Warriors, instead of teleporting one of those squads around and leaving the others to get instakilled, etc. without his Orb there.

+ Reply to Thread