Tyranids [1500] pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Tyranids [1500] pts

First off, im sorry I posted a new list. It's just that I couldn't edit the title in my other one. Anyway here it is. It will be for Friendly and Tournament battles.

Tyranids: [1500]

HQ:

-Broodlord [274]
    +Extended Carapace
    +Toxin Sacs
    -Retinue: 8 Genestealers
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin Sacs

-Hive Tyrant [219]
    +Adrenal Glands (WS and I)
    +Acid Maw
    +Implant Attack
    +Toxin Sacs
    +Winged
    -Scything talons x2
    +Warp Field

Elites:

-Lictor [80]

Troops:

-8 Hormagaunts [80]

-8 Hormagaunts [80]

-8 Spinegaunts [40]

-8 Spinegaunts [40]

-8 Spinegaunts [40]

Fast Attack:

-3 Warriors [141]
    +Adrenal Glands (I and WS)
    +Extended Carapace
    +Toxin Sacs
    +Winged
    +Scything Talons x2

-3 Ravaners [162]
    +Scything Talons and Rending Claws
    -Devourers

-8 Gargoyles [96]

Heavy Support:

-Zoanthrope [65]
    +Synapse Creature
    +Warp Blast

-Carnifex [178]
    +Enhanced Senses
    +Extended Carapace
    +Barbed Strangler
    +Venom Cannon

Total: [1505]

Comments, Advice, Constructive Critisism welcome.

Ben

Last edited by brushman; March 18th, 2006 at 18:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x4)

You seem to have forgotten to give your Tyrant any weapons. . . I've never played a Flying Tyrant, but I'd personally try and keep him a bit thinner on the Biomorphs. In addition to the Wings, probably Adrenal Glands (WS) and Toxin Sacs is all I'd go for.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

You seem to have forgotten to give your Tyrant any weapons. . . I've never played a Flying Tyrant, but I'd personally try and keep him a bit thinner on the Biomorphs. In addition to the Wings, probably Adrenal Glands (WS) and Toxin Sacs is all I'd go for
    Oh my, your right I forgot to give him weapons

I'll edit that in. Thanks,

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Otsol said, your Tyrant is a bit heavy in the biomorph department, but thats up to you, but for the record, he costs 225pts.

There's a few things about your flying warriors though, first of all they cant take extended carapace if they have wings (page 33, under Winged). Second, I'd give them scything talons and rending claws, as rending becomes really dangerous when combined with the number of attacks a warrior has. Third, the unit actually costs 141pts.

Your raveners strike me as a bit odd, first off the points arent right, they only cost 138 pts, second I dont see much point in giving them guns, but if you insist on this I would higly recommend that you give them devourers as these will give you 6 shots per ravener, where as the death spitter will only give you 1 shot per ravener.

I think the list needs more numbers, a shooty army could probably pick of the gaunts in one turn, considering how few synapse dependant units you have, I would drop the synapse power on the zonathropes or maybe exchange it for psychic scream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay about the deathspitters for the record think overlapping blast of death with enough fire power you can have an entire squad take a wound test with S5 fights death to the believers (emporer), death to the pagan, death to ALL
    You have the right to post anything. everthing you post can and will be misinterpretated and used against you

If I stop listening to you it just means the voices in my head are more interesting

"Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn!Kill! Maim! Burn!"
    Kharn of the world Eaters

OT5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beastman
    okay about the deathspitters for the record think overlapping blast of death with enough fire power you can have an entire squad take a wound test with S5 fights death to the believers (emporer), death to the pagan, death to ALL
    The problem is that if you are playing against an opponent that knows how to defend against blast templates you will be lucky if you get more than one model under the blast marker. This is due to the fact that with 4th edition rules you have center the blast marker (small) on a model and if the unit is spread out close to the full two inches you will only be able to hit one model. So like Gorbass said if you want to use guns with your ravenger I would go with devourers.

With respect to your army IAmAngel, I do not have much more to add besides maybe trying to get a few more troops in there in order to provide a better target to distract fire from your more vulnerable units (winged warriors, ravaners). Maybe use the points form dropping a few biomorphs on your winged tyrant to beef up your spinegaunts slightly.

Hope that helps
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and win where I fight."
    ~General George S. Patton

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means for preserving peace."
    ~George Washington

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
    ~General Dougles MacAuther

+ Reply to Thread