500 points combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 points combat patrol

K I can't seem to make decent 500 points lists. My standard opponents are tau, witchhunters, grey knights and chaos. What should I use as a list?

5 rangers-95

8 scorpions-128
    1 exarch with stealth and scorpionsclaw-63

Vyper with starcannon-65

3 D-cannons-150

total = 501

I haven't a clue

The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

First, pick a craftworld. Those will give you a lot of needed extra power. Lets take a look at your units one for one:

Quote Originally Posted by shadygodofdeath
    5 rangers-95
    Rangers outside an Alaitoc army? I wouldnt do that. Drop them to free up some points.

8 scorpions-128
    1 exarch with stealth and scorpionsclaw-63
    Fine, although odd size combat squads is somewhat a waste of points. Either get another scorpion, or loose one.

Vyper with starcannon-65
    Perfect.

3 D-cannons-150
    A waste, drop these. The d-cannons are made to take out the toughest units in the entire game, and you wont see any of those in a patrol, so they are a waste. Furthermore, all of your opponents outrange them, so they will get shot to pieces before they get to shoot themselves.

Overall, I would get some more bodies on the field. Consider a squad of warp spiders to back up your scorpions, those are great. And if you need to dispatch of more points, simply get another vyper...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so like this?

9 scorps-144
    1 exarch with stealth and scorpy claw-63

7 warpspiders-154

vyper-65
    starcannon

vyper-65
    starcannon

total = 491
    The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only problem is that you have to have troops, so unless your playing biel-tan, that list is illigeal.

warpspiders are an interesting idea in CP. they are expensive, but those str 6 guns are enough to take out any vehicle you may meet, and they have good manouverability. try em out, try and work them in tandem with the scorps.

EDIT: im talking about the second list posted here, for the sake of clarity.
    Last edited by wakopanda; February 13th, 2006 at 16:21.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

so like this?

9 scorps-144
    1 exarch with stealth and scorpy claw-63

7 warpspiders-154

vyper-65
    starcannon

vyper-65
    starcannon

total = 491

This list looks very nice for a CP.

You have everything you need: high strength weapons, low AP weapons, infiltrate, fast units, very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

only problem is that you have to have troops, so unless your playing biel-tan, that list is illigeal.
    Im pretty sure that this list is perfectly legal in a Combat Patrol.

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAngel
    Im pretty sure that this list is perfectly legal in a Combat Patrol.

~Ben
    nope. combat patrol requires one troops choice min. anything else is gravy, but you need 1 troops choice, same as normally you need 2 troops and 1 HQ.

of course, if its a beil tan list then the scorps and spiders become troops so its all okey dokey. if its vanilla then his list is 2 elites and 2 fast attack. illigal.

EDIT: should add that im talking about the second list here.

EDIT2: yes i know that its leagal with beil tan, im just saying that its illieagl if it isnt. if you went to an escalation tourney and said that your 400pts list was beil tan, your 1000 pts list was vanilla and your 2000 pts list was iyaden, you wouldnt make too many friends now would you. thats an extreme example, but the point stands. switching craftworlds based on points level is not nice.
    Last edited by wakopanda; February 13th, 2006 at 16:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

There is nothing wrong with this list, as the player can always claim that it is a beil-tan list and thereby make the aspects troop choices. The army doesent even have to be painted in the beil-tan color scheme. I promise you that no player would ever deny playing against this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    nope. combat patrol requires one troops choice min. anything else is gravy, but you need 1 troops choice, same as normally you need 2 troops and 1 HQ.

of course, if its a beil tan list then the scorps and spiders become troops so its all okey dokey. if its vanilla then his list is 2 elites and 2 fast attack. illigal.

EDIT: should add that im talking about the second list here.

EDIT2: yes i know that its leagal with beil tan, im just saying that its illieagl if it isnt. if you went to an escalation tourney and said that your 400pts list was beil tan, your 1000 pts list was vanilla and your 2000 pts list was iyaden, you wouldnt make too many friends now would you. thats an extreme example, but the point stands. switching craftworlds based on points level is not nice.

I'm one of his usuall opponents and nobody around here minds it,'s just something different and that's only a good thing, we have an other eldar player around here, which switches around hell a lot. Same goes for me I tend to play quit a lot diffent things depending mostly on point.

Also if anybody complains, it's jsut a game, come onnnnnnnnn.

Also I want to add the Grey Knights stated a the top of the thread should be Daemonhunters.
    And for those who want to know I play the Witchhunters and the Daemonhunters, I'm also planning on playing Eldar when I've got my DH and WH as far as I want them at this point.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, all good then. i guess its more a case of my sense of honour (make your grave and lie in it) than actual gaming ethics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast