[1850] Biel-Tan Tournie Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1850] Biel-Tan Tournie Army

HQ: 152 (8%)
    Farseer Rajjan- 72-Fortune, Runes of Witnessing, Ghost Helm, Shuriken Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Elites: 293 (16%)
    Viper Jetbike- 100-Two Shuriken Catapults, Crystal Targeting Matrix

Guardian Defender Squad- 193
    14 Guardian Defenders
    2 Guardian Crewmen with a Star Cannon Weapon Platform
    1 Warlock with Conceal

Troops: 1095 (59%)
    Striking Scorpions- 171
    8 Striking Scorpions
    1 Exarch with Scorpion’s Claw
    Wave Serpent- 135-Twin Linked Bright Lance, Spirit Stones

Fire Dragons- 153
    9 Fire Dragons
    Wave Serpent- 135-Twin Linked Bright Lance, Spirit Stones

Striking Scorpions- 114
    6 Striking Scorpions
    -Haywire Grenades

Warp Spiders- 203
    8 Warp Spiders
    1 Warp Spider Exarch with Withdraw

Kroot Carnivore Squad- 184
    16 Kroot Carnivore Kindred
    1 Kroot Carnivore Kindred Shaper with Eviscerator and Bolt Pistol

Heavy Support: 310 (17%)
    Falcon- 190-Star Cannon, Holo Field, Spirit Stones

Wraithlord- 120-Brightlance, Two Flamers

The little squad of scorps goes in the falcon. Their purpose is as my all-perpose-backup squad. They capture a quick table quarter, help out a doomed squad in CC, or finish off a stubborn tank. The falcon ensures they get where they need to be quickly and intact. My army is spit into two groups. The attcaking/fast bit, and the defending/slow bit. The slow group is made of the Avatar, WL, guardians, viper(CTM) and kroot(if w/o infiltrate). This group performs very well in tandem with each other-- everyone supporting and protecting the ther. And the other remaining units obviously make up the attacking squads. The point of the Dragons is useually not anti-tank, but rather anti-heavy-infantry.The big scorpions take the farseer with them and perform as my main CC brute squad.

I'm not quite sure how to use my Spiders, as they're a new addition to my army, so help in that area would be much appreiciated(sp).

I would like to note, I only include two star cannons, and two heavy support.

So what do you think?
    -Cypher

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I would try to get a better weapon on the Vyper. Maybe take off Ghost Helm and Runes of Witnessing on the Farseer. These aren't neccesary and it pretty rare that they help.

I don't know much about Kroot so I can't help you there...

Otherwise, I like your list!

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

1) Those Kroot bring pain to my eyes, use Guardians instead, you can have 20 guardians, a Warlock,and have 13 points left, replacing the Kroot. PLUS...Guardians have better saves and better weapons!!! Why would you switch meatshields for lesser meatshields?

2) Upgrade the Shuri-Cats on the Falcon to shuri-cannon, so the Falcon has a min. str-6 gun and can shoot EVERYTHING 24" away...

3) I would switch the Scorpions and Fire Dragons, making the Scorpions 10x in the WaveSerpeant, and 6x Dragons in the Falcon. Dragons don't need a full squad to be effective and if you're worried about them not working get a farseer /w guide and stick him in the Falcon with 5x Dragons (inc. Exarch /w Firepike for an extra punch)

4) Drop the CTM on the Vyper, you can't have two shurican catapults, unless you mean cannons...then it's ok but still drop the CTM, it's useless.

Hope that helped for now
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -31 (x0)

I like it, the idea of adding kroot is interesting. But, I don't see their point, as stated, unless you just wanted the longer ranged weapons? The fast group is pretty good, and i second the fire dragon notion. Although the fire dragons are cool, you don't need 10, where you often need 10 scoprs. Replace the 6 scorps with 10, and lower it to 6 dragons, and switch their transports.

Also, on the warp spiders:
    I like to think of my self as a serious warp spider proponent, I use them every game. They are great, but there are a few t hings you need to understand:

1. You have to be withing 6" to shoot. The 12" range is misleading, since if you move, you can't shoot, and even if you don't move, you can only shoot once.

2. The last thing you want is for them to be in close combat. Why would you want to go from a S6 gun to an S3 punch? seriously.... withdraw is a must.

3. Their gun is S6! If you are fighting space marines, and your opponent has a squad of terminators, don't shoot at them. Your scorps will do better against them. Instead, warp jump over next to the side armor of their predator, or even play with that cute little dreadnought.... I have killed 2 predators and immobilized a dreadnought this way.

Just thoughts....
    TSg.t Zakarius Clay
    142nd Cadian, Stationed Planet Skyfall B
    4th Brigade, 1st Battalion, 1st Co.
    'The Pathfinders', Drop Team - 6

Pssst.... give me kudos....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse me? Kroot have SOOO many things up on guardians.
    The list:
    Infitrate
    S4
    Aguably the best standard issuse gun in the game(ap6 bolter that counts as 2 ccws) This weapon kicks the stuffing out of a shuriken catipult. period.
    3 wound 3 attack eviverator(two handed chainfist)
    Fieldcraft, forests are everywhere.(no difficult in forest, and a 4+ cover save)

All this for 4 less moddels( 2 less wounds) and a 6+ save. In short they are better at shooting and far better at close combat then gaurdians and have more and better special rules.

If you'd read my post, you'd know that my firedragons so indeed need to have more then 6 moddels. I don't kill tanks, I kill infantry with them. killing an average of 3 (with 6), I much perfer 5(with 9). In addition, against guard or Tau they make good close combat troops.

A typo on my part: the viper has 2 cannons

-Cypher
    -Ben Franklin

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Not that I am surprised but this is the 1st time I am seeing Kroot in an eldar army, too used to seeing Tau have them. Are they really that good???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I heart their spiky avien krootiness. They even work out great fluffwise; why wouldn't a dying race want to hire others to die for them?

In addition, they have the most cost-effective snipers in the game.
    Here's the link:http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/kroot%2Dlist/

btw, I'd just like to say, that I have tried puting 6 dragons in a falcon. And I much perfer it my way.
    -Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    I like it, the idea of adding kroot is interesting. But, I don't see their point, as stated, unless you just wanted the longer ranged weapons? The fast group is pretty good, and i second the fire dragon notion. Although the fire dragons are cool, you don't need 10, where you often need 10 scoprs. Replace the 6 scorps with 10, and lower it to 6 dragons, and switch their transports.
    Fully Agreed.

Also, on the warp spiders:
    I like to think of my self as a serious warp spider proponent, I use them every game. They are great, but there are a few t hings you need to understand:

1. You have to be withing 6" to shoot. The 12" range is misleading, since if you move, you can't shoot, and even if you don't move, you can only shoot once.
    Unless you're playing by 3rd edition rules, you're wrong, that's why they have a range of 12. Spiders can move 12, shoot 2 shots at 12, then jump back however far you roll on the roll.

2. The last thing you want is for them to be in close combat. Why would you want to go from a S6 gun to an S3 punch? seriously.... withdraw is a must.

3. Their gun is S6! If you are fighting space marines, and your opponent has a squad of terminators, don't shoot at them. Your scorps will do better against them. Instead, warp jump over next to the side armor of their predator, or even play with that cute little dreadnought.... I have killed 2 predators and immobilized a dreadnought this way.

Just thoughts....
    I agree with everything except the terminators. if your opponent fields termies, that's why we have star cannons, and bright lances. Scorpions can't hope to match them in combat.

Edit: On a side note, if you're wanting the 6 scorpions for the haywire grenades, get storm guardians, give 'em grenades and flamers, make 'em multipurpose. If you're wanting 'em for their combat ability, you need to increase their numbers and give 'em infiltrate. they'll be better able to cover the Kroot (and vice versa) and you'll have alot more success with supperior numbers. And of course they need an exarch w/ a claw.
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; February 16th, 2006 at 06:40.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhagadurn
    3. Their gun is S6! If you are fighting space marines, and your opponent has a squad of terminators, don't shoot at them. Your scorps will do better against them.
    Just thoughts....
    Dude, scorpions will get anihilated. Terminators have power armor you cant possible even hope for their tiny chain swords to peneteerate it, your only hope is banshees and still it will be pretty hard to kill em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Dude, scorpions will get anihilated. Terminators have power armor you cant possible even hope for their tiny chain swords to peneteerate it, your only hope is banshees and still it will be pretty hard to kill em
    I assume you meant Terminator armour. I fully agree - Scorpions will probally die in CC. The Scorps won't be getting their saves, while the Terminators get there's which they will rarely miss.

The better bet would be Banshee's against the Terminators, but even then, the Terminators would probally win because of the Banshee's low strength.

~Ben

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast